Captain's Log

Cpt. Jean-Luc Dickhard

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Hey man, how's it going? Any active PE lately?

Hey Vault, no nothing - I've been truly AWOL, from the forum and PE in general. I'm trying to get focused back on it and want to be around here more than I have been, hopefully that will spur me back to some PE activity.

A couple of relevant developments, I'm back on an antidepressant though it's not venlafaxine that I had been on before and so far this one seems better for PE purposes - some loss of sex drive but not of function, so I'm hoping PE would still be ok.

Also had a vasectomy, which is partly the reason for my long lay-off from PE, you can't really do anything like that while recovering from vasectomy, but I think I'm now healed enough that it would be alright to start back light. And at least now I can help out with any questions guys have about vasectomy.

You well?

Cpt. Jean-Luc Dickhard

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Hi all,
I see the site has totally changed since I was last here! Hope everyone is doing well.
I'm trying to get back into the PE though currently just been experimenting with the products I have accumulated to see which I like most these days and which I'm going to try to use regularly.
I have been using the phallosan some days recently but find I must've deconditioned as I get puffy/water-retention in the tip much quicker than I remember, so far that's not working, if I want to use it I'll need to condition up to putting the hours in.

Used the bathmate for the first time since the vasectomy and found it caused some alarming bruising in the ballbag, which I don't remember.... Hopefully not vasectomy related (that was over a year ago now) and just due to being deconditioned.

Measurements these days down from before I stopped though marginally up on original measurements:
BPEL 5.71 (-0.12)(+0.21)
MEG 4.09 (-0.08)(+0.09)

(same measurement format as I used to use, first bracket is the difference from previous measurement, second is relative to starting measurement).

Still on the same antidepressant I was on last year - but it's not one that affects erections so hopefully wouldn't be a factor for PE.

Don't know if I'll log every workout but I'll try to keep some record of progress here

Party

Senior Member, Member of the Month August 2016
Well Done !
Reaction score
Hi all,
I see the site has totally changed since I was last here! Hope everyone is doing well.
I'm trying to get back into the PE though currently just been experimenting with the products I have accumulated to see which I like most these days and which I'm going to try to use regularly.
I have been using the phallosan some days recently but find I must've deconditioned as I get puffy/water-retention in the tip much quicker than I remember, so far that's not working, if I want to use it I'll need to condition up to putting the hours in.

Used the bathmate for the first time since the vasectomy and found it caused some alarming bruising in the ballbag, which I don't remember.... Hopefully not vasectomy related (that was over a year ago now) and just due to being deconditioned.

Measurements these days down from before I stopped though marginally up on original measurements:
BPEL 5.71 (-0.12)(+0.21)
MEG 4.09 (-0.08)(+0.09)

(same measurement format as I used to use, first bracket is the difference from previous measurement, second is relative to starting measurement).

Still on the same antidepressant I was on last year - but it's not one that affects erections so hopefully wouldn't be a factor for PE.

Don't know if I'll log every workout but I'll try to keep some record of progress here
Since you’ve taken time off. You mite consider trying to squeeze into a smaller sized bell for awhile with the Phallosan to prevent that edema. I always tried to use the smallest been I could for that reason. Same thing with vac hanging to prevent blisters. Good luck. Welcome back

Cpt. Jean-Luc Dickhard

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Thanks party that might be worth a try, I used to use the medium bell so just started back with that, the small one was always too snug... But I never tried to squeeze it in, if it will help with the edema I'll give it a go next time, cheers

Reactions: Party

Cpt. Jean-Luc Dickhard

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Yes using the small bell does seem to work better and lead (so far) to less puffiness. I had been using medium as I read early on someone recommending applying it while hard/semi, but I'm changing that now, this seems superior

Cpt. Jean-Luc Dickhard

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Been getting in 5-7 hours in the phallosan recently, need to build that up a little higher. But puffiness is definitely improved on when I used to use the medium bell and applying semi/hard. So I think this is the way forward

Cpt. Jean-Luc Dickhard

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Measurement:
BPEL 5.83 (+0.12)(+0.33)
MEG 4.09 (=)(+0.09)
Last week only managed 22.5 hours in phallosan (editted, had put 19.5 because apparently I can't add up), hoping to beat that this week. M-F daytime wear, weekends off .
Supplements:
+Maca 10:1 100mg
+Maca 100:1 40mg
+Panax ginseng 10:1 50mg
(In a supplement called black maca complex also containing black pepper and L-Arginine though only 50mg)
+L-Arginine 2000mg (from today) (technically 2050mg counting what's in the black maca complex)
+Multivitamin
Edit:
+Pomegranate extract 500mg (standardised to 40% Ellagic acid)
Edit:
+ vitamin K2 100 microgrammes added 1st July. Would be adding in vitamin D but the multivitamin I take has probably got enough so I won't for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex1988

CUSP82

Administrator PEGym
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
Well if you leave the doors open...........?

mistergeorge

Super Moderator, Member of the Month June 2021
Staff member
Well Done !
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi all,

BPEL 5.71 (-0.12)(+0.21)
MEG 4.09 (-0.08)(+0.09)

Nice to see you beamed aboard again Captain. I'm sorry I missed your post here until just now. I've thought about you from time to time in connection with the book club thread which I stil lthink is one of the most interesting and inceptive ever started here.

I'm curious about the supplements you are taking and if you've noticed any effect. I'll watch your log for updates, Sir. Take good care.

Cpt. Jean-Luc Dickhard

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Thanks George, glad to hear the PEgym book club has made an impression! I don't know when I'll next be reading any, but I'll check the thread to see if there have been any noteworthy additions to PE literature! It just used to get on my nerves that PE books seemed like the wild west, there are some legit ones but so many that are complete shite, opportunistic, cheaply produced, no evidence of any quality checking at all..etc!

Yea I thought id add in a few supplements as I restart ... I've never quite convinced myself that it's worth spending the money on some of the premium brand PE supplements, but I thought I'd try a few that are often ingredients: ginseng, L-arginine, black pepper (think vig-rx has that, apparently it aids absorption of other components) maca,
Oh and pomegranate (500mg) forgot to mention that one earlier.

So yeah we'll see if results come, what I really need is some consistency for a while

Cpt. Jean-Luc Dickhard

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Well if you leave the doors open...........?
Hi Cusp...I've thought about this several times now and I cannot figure out what you mean! Leaving doors open?

Reactions: CUSP82

Cpt. Jean-Luc Dickhard

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Phallosan hours:
Better hours this week
(Period 2) Week 2:
Phallosan 35 hours
Cumulative hours: 57.5

I also decided (from today) to end each days phallosan with 10 erect squeezes when I apply bio-oil after the day's phallosan hours.

Also (from today) added vitamin K2 100microgrammes to supplements.

Cpt. Jean-Luc Dickhard

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Measurement
BPEL 5.83 (=)(+0.33)
MEG 4.13 (+0.04)(+0.13)
Possible slight girth gain, but need to see more to be sure it's not just week by week fluctuation in measurement... Plus I'm aware measuring each week is too often.. but I'm doing it anyway

Last edited:

Cpt. Jean-Luc Dickhard

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Phallosan hours:
Better hours again this week
(Period 2) Week 3:
Phallosan 39 hours
Cumulative hours: 96.5

Fasting/weight:
I'll also log my weight here too as I'm trying to lose a little chub via intermittent fasting (eating 12pm-8pm fasting outside those hours) was 88.8kg a couple of weeks ago (which at 6 foot is a little heavy but nothing crazy). A week ago 85.6kg
Today 85.0kg.
Don't really have a fixed target in mind I just want to look a bit better in the mirror, so maybe 82kg or so and see how things are looking then.

Last edited:

Cpt. Jean-Luc Dickhard

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Measurement
BPEL 5.87 (+0.04)(+0.37)
MEG 4.21 (+0.08)(+0.21)
A really positive measurement to start the week, happy with how it's going so far

Weight
85.55kg today little change week on week in fact slightly higher than Friday. Going to only weigh on Monday mornings now for consistency in time

Cpt. Jean-Luc Dickhard

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Measurement
BPEL 5.91 (+0.04)(+0.41)
MEG 4.17 (-0.04)(+0.17)
Length marginally up, meg marginally down from last Mondays measurements. Pleased to see 5.91 - 15cm on the dot. 6in seems achievable