Can you train through red spots (petechia)?

C0ntext

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
This might belong in the injury section but I had a few additional questions. I was clamping for about 6 months when I went a little overboard and got a couple purple/red spots. I stopped for a week (they reappeared) and then two weeks (reappeared) and finally for 2 months (disappeared).

Since then I have begun clamping again and have developed yet another spot. Can you train through these since they don't hurt? Should I start jelqing again to try to condition? I initially stopped jelqing because I had no success after 8 months. For me jelqing doesn't seem intense enough to do anything. As for clamping, I also haven't seen any results, but I am not sure if I just need to increase the amount of sets in order to reach fatigue. Previously I would just stop after 3 10 min sets and I wouldn't feel any soreness the next day.

Thanks

MrB8

Senior Member, Member of the Month Nov 2013
Well Done !
Reaction score
How big are those spots, where are they, do they hurt???

It sounds like over-training, you shouldn't exercise while sustaining an injury, the risks are high, better play it safe.

Even if these are the painless pin-head spots, they are a sign of over-training, and you should back down.

If you overtrain, whether its jelqing or other exercises you will not gain.

https://www.pegym.com/forums/penile-anomalies-injuries/3157-dealing-penile-injuries.html

Last edited:

BigO

Administrator, PEGym Hero,"Woofer"
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
When new to PE or when any new exercise is introduced, petechia is not a cause for concern. If it does not stop after a few days ease back a notch.

BigO

Administrator, PEGym Hero,"Woofer"
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
Petechia generally is not a sign of over training.

C0ntext

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I agree, I don't feel like clamping hurts or is too intense. I just develop the spots. I just don't want to have to take a 2 month break every time this happens. And to MrB8, they do not hurt at all. It's just a superficial spot. I just want to know if you can keep training through them.

MrB8

Senior Member, Member of the Month Nov 2013
Well Done !
Reaction score
When new to PE or when any new exercise is introduced, petechia is not a cause for concern. If it does not stop after a few days ease back a notch.

Petechia generally is not a sign of over training.

Thanks for the reply. I agree, I don't feel like clamping hurts or is too intense. I just develop the spots. I just don't want to have to take a 2 month break every time this happens. And to MrB8, they do not hurt at all. It's just a superficial spot. I just want to know if you can keep training through them.

If they are those little (pin-head) painless spots then I totally agree with BigO. :)

I was just making sure we aren't confusing them with bruises.

Glad that you're okay :) take care! :)

Edit: Just read that you mentioned they don't hurt in your first post, sorry for the confusion, and thanks BigO :)
I'm off to bed now.

Last edited:

C0ntext

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
The most current one is bigger than a pin head. It's about half a centimeter in diameter. Also, it comes back in the same exact place if I do any girth work. I'm guessing I should wait a month for it to heal, I just don't want to take any more breaks. That is unless someone else out there has kept exercising without experiencing any adverse side effects besides discoloration.