• If the url/link is for monetized objects, sites, sites selling items, etc., it is not allowed.
    We do have our site sponsors, who are allowed to utilize such.
    Thank you.

Can you train through red spots (petechia)?

C0ntext

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
This might belong in the injury section but I had a few additional questions. I was clamping for about 6 months when I went a little overboard and got a couple purple/red spots. I stopped for a week (they reappeared) and then two weeks (reappeared) and finally for 2 months (disappeared).

Since then I have begun clamping again and have developed yet another spot. Can you train through these since they don't hurt? Should I start jelqing again to try to condition? I initially stopped jelqing because I had no success after 8 months. For me jelqing doesn't seem intense enough to do anything. As for clamping, I also haven't seen any results, but I am not sure if I just need to increase the amount of sets in order to reach fatigue. Previously I would just stop after 3 10 min sets and I wouldn't feel any soreness the next day.

Thanks

MrB8

Senior Member, Member of the Month Nov 2013
Well Done !
Reaction score
How big are those spots, where are they, do they hurt???

It sounds like over-training, you shouldn't exercise while sustaining an injury, the risks are high, better play it safe.

Even if these are the painless pin-head spots, they are a sign of over-training, and you should back down.

If you overtrain, whether its jelqing or other exercises you will not gain.

https://www.pegym.com/forums/penile-anomalies-injuries/3157-dealing-penile-injuries.html

Last edited:

BigO

Administrator, PEGym Hero,"Woofer"
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
When new to PE or when any new exercise is introduced, petechia is not a cause for concern. If it does not stop after a few days ease back a notch.

BigO

Administrator, PEGym Hero,"Woofer"
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
Petechia generally is not a sign of over training.

C0ntext

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I agree, I don't feel like clamping hurts or is too intense. I just develop the spots. I just don't want to have to take a 2 month break every time this happens. And to MrB8, they do not hurt at all. It's just a superficial spot. I just want to know if you can keep training through them.

MrB8

Senior Member, Member of the Month Nov 2013
Well Done !
Reaction score
When new to PE or when any new exercise is introduced, petechia is not a cause for concern. If it does not stop after a few days ease back a notch.

Petechia generally is not a sign of over training.

Thanks for the reply. I agree, I don't feel like clamping hurts or is too intense. I just develop the spots. I just don't want to have to take a 2 month break every time this happens. And to MrB8, they do not hurt at all. It's just a superficial spot. I just want to know if you can keep training through them.

If they are those little (pin-head) painless spots then I totally agree with BigO. :)

I was just making sure we aren't confusing them with bruises.

Glad that you're okay :) take care! :)

Edit: Just read that you mentioned they don't hurt in your first post, sorry for the confusion, and thanks BigO :)
I'm off to bed now.

Last edited:

C0ntext

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
The most current one is bigger than a pin head. It's about half a centimeter in diameter. Also, it comes back in the same exact place if I do any girth work. I'm guessing I should wait a month for it to heal, I just don't want to take any more breaks. That is unless someone else out there has kept exercising without experiencing any adverse side effects besides discoloration.