• If the url/link is for monetized objects, sites, sites selling items, etc., it is not allowed.
    We do have our site sponsors, who are allowed to utilize such.
    Thank you.

can weight trainers and bodybuilders post your split routine

maxpi

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
what does it look like how do you split your workout, bodyparts up during the week
i need to make a balanced plan that will help me for my new years resolution

i only train a bodypart once a week except abs and calves

ps i have trouble recovering my triceps from chest work and on another day i do shoulder work
both these days work my triceps and for so long now ive been doing no direct tricep work because they get bombed indirectly on these two days

can anybody help me with this because i look at other peoples splits and they dont seem to have this dilema or they just dont moan about it like i do and i feel like my plan is more balanced than most

triceps get done on chest day and shoulders day and doing some dips after chest leads me to overtraining i wanna build my arms up but triceps seem stale alot of the time forever in recovering all through the week.

Dante311

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Mon - Chest/abs/cardio (usually HIIT - 20 min)
Tues - Back/cardio (light on elip or bike - 20 min)
Wed - Legs/abs (light cardio on bike - @ 10 min)
Thurs - shoulders (45 min cardio on treadmill @ 6.0 or on elip at 7 resist.)
Fri - Arms/abs
Sat - OFF
Sun - Light total body

if you have to ask about a routine.. i can only assume you're not that advanced. try to do a 3 day split for now... i can write you up something...

doing push/pull or push/push on the same day.. ie chest/tri (push push) or chest/bi (push pull) is more advanced for trained weight lifters. It's all on muscle quality type and your body's ability to recover from the microscopic damage you promote when lifting. On a microscopic level... during the eccentric phase of lifting you tear your myofibril (individual muscle fibers) allowing an upregulation of satellite cells and anabolic activity (protein metabolism) to thicken and repair these fibers based on the load type, load intensity, and dietary conditions...

Last edited:

maxpi

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
nah im not a complete beginner

your routine has you doing triceps on chest day shoulders day and arms day
thats really where im geting at

i do heavy bench press and DB bench press and dips on chest day and on shoulders day i do military press and Db shoulder press because im not a bodybuilder i train for sort of both strength and size but not necessarily for a sexy body

heres my split
become mnore versed and more knowledgeable i began this routine and i havent looked back

wat do you guys think
mon------------chest triceps
tues------------back biceps, abs
weds---off
thurs-----------Quads hams (glutes for pe purposes bloodflow etc)not to mention squats ect for blood flow
fri--------------shoulders, forearms, abs
sat sun off

Radiohead

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I dont actually make a schedule, but here is what my workouts look like

Chest -> Bench press (lower the bar below your pecs, not on top of them..this way its harder), Pec Deck, Incline dumbell press, dips, flat dumbbell flyes
Biceps -> Dumbbell bicep curls, barbel bicep curls, chin ups (pronation and supination grips), pull ups
Abs -> floor wipers, crunches, leg lifts, side planks, rotating torso stuff

Keep in mind that I do 5 sets x 4 repetitions. I use super heavy weights, therefore I am maxed out at only 4 reps. Then I do 2 sets x 10 reps of a lighter weight and then 1 set x 20 reps.

Your triceps do get tired when you work your chest, therefore you need a few days between your chest/tricep workouts. When you work your shoulders, there shouldnt be a lot of triceps involved.

I'm too lazy to write up the rest of my exercises.

HIIT cardio training is really cool. I encourage that. High Intensity Interval Training. Go google it.

Also look at creatine..its a supplement that will help you gain mass AND it lowers the amount of time your muscles need to heal. So if you do your pecs on monday, you can do your shoulders+triceps on thursday without any worries.

Radiohead

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
wat do you guys think
your routine h
mon------------chest triceps
tues------------back biceps, abs
weds---off
thurs-----------Quads hams (glutes for pe purposes bloodflow etc)not to mention squats ect for blood flow
fri--------------shoulders, forearms, abs
sat sun off

You cant work your biceps the same day you work your back. Your biceps go with your back. Therefore you'll have 2 days a week that you work your biceps. One day is for bicep day, the second day is for back day.

Dont forget to throw some calves in there.

maxpi

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
cheers i will implement creatine glutamine and whey shakes and i reckon this will help me recover easier thanx
i just got 12 tubs of cyclone for xmas and am gunna start up that nutrition in the new year

Dante311

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
You cant work your biceps the same day you work your back. Your biceps go with your back. Therefore you'll have 2 days a week that you work your biceps. One day is for bicep day, the second day is for back day.

Dont forget to throw some calves in there.

If you're a trained weightlifter.. you can.

That's the thing...

so passively, when you doing your back you work your biceps (both are pulling).. ie same with chest & triceps... but as you promote minor microscopic tears at he microscopic level... by hitting your larger muscle group (ie chest in this case) w/ 3-4 exercises... blow away your secondary agonist muscle group (ie triceps OR shoulders) by promoting this microscopic tears and forcing more blood to the site.

It depends on a number of factors... age, maturation level, muscle quality type, type distribution, mitochondrial density (more type I fibers vs. type IIb or x fibers), energy surplus, etc, etc...

I do chest (passively TRIS & SHOULDERS on Monday), Back (passively Biceps & SHOULDERS on tuesday), legs wednesday (24 hour break upper body), Thursday Shoulders (Actively... minimally & passively using bi/tri).. then Friday.. enough rest to rock out Bi/Tri exercises with full intensity.

Dante311

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
cheers i will implement creatine glutamine and whey shakes and i reckon this will help me recover easier thanx
i just got 12 tubs of cyclone for xmas and am gunna start up that nutrition in the new year

Creatine is great... great for anaerobic recovery at higher intensity bouts for resistance training.

Glutamine is anecdotal... actually promotes immunofunction > than muscle recovery (I can show you the literature on this)

Whey shakes should only be used as a substitute when you're unable to get REAL food and then also 1 shake PWO b/c of it's incredible clearance from the GI tract (granted the GI is < 10 (whatever you mix it with)

Yes, I study Energy Metabolism (MS), Exercise Physiology and I'm a CPT (NSCA).

I wouldn't steer you wrong.

Good luck tho!

maxpi

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
your overwhelming me bannanna

maxpi

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
i prefer to do back and biceps together tbh
and chest and triceps aswell

i can work out 4 days a week but 5 would be pushing it for me i bench 120kg now after 6 months of hard work and brought my db bench to 60 kg to match it im shifting heavier weights and this is why recovery is very important to me

maxpi

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
u sound like einstien sometimes banana lol
il keep you in mind and PM you if thats ok mate cheers

Dante311

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
u sound like einstien sometimes banana lol
il keep you in mind and PM you if thats ok mate cheers

Sorry... and sure definitely. I am an academic... so sometimes I don't think before I speak/type in relating information to the public. I'm young in the academic world JUST having got my masters and working for a PhD so forgive me...

thanks!

:)

Happy Holidays

Dad

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
what does it look like how do you split your workout, bodyparts up during the week
i need to make a balanced plan that will help me for my new years resolution

i only train a bodypart once a week except abs and calves

ps i have trouble recovering my triceps from chest work and on another day i do shoulder work
both these days work my triceps and for so long now ive been doing no direct tricep work because they get bombed indirectly on these two days

can anybody help me with this because i look at other peoples splits and they dont seem to have this dilema or they just dont moan about it like i do and i feel like my plan is more balanced than most

triceps get done on chest day and shoulders day and doing some dips after chest leads me to overtraining i wanna build my arms up but triceps seem stale alot of the time forever in recovering all through the week.

Monday
pec flys
military presses
reverse grip bench presses
front rack chins
deadlifts straight sets

Wednesday
preacher curls
pinwheel curls
leg press toe press
lying leg curls
free squats

Friday
incline smythe press
shoulder press
close grip bench presses
close grip pulldowns
T-bar rows straight set

Monday
barbell drag curls
hammer curls
Calf Raises
seated leg curls
hack squats

wednesday
decline smythe press
upright rows
EZ bar tricep extentions
front pulldowns
rack deadlifts

Friday
dumbell curls
reverse grip one arm cable curls
seated calf raises
sumo press leg press
leg press

I do DC Training so there are no sets x reps. I do straight sets w/ rest pause. Maximum weight for 10-20 reps depending on what excersize to failure then extreme stretching. Once I hit the 10-20 rep mark I up the weight, so I am constantly increasing reps and weight. If I am sore before my next workout I up protein and glutamine. Also consider taking ZMA and creatine to aid in muscle recovery.

Dad

Gravik

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
My routine is something along the lines of:

Monday/Friday: Chest/Triceps
Tuesday: Back/Biceps(
Wednesday: Shoulders
Thursday: Legs

Trying to do calves and abs roughly 3 x per week. And no cardio really at the moment, as I'm trying to bulk up a little. ;)

Flanker6

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Everybody's work out is different. Start with the basics and find the exercises that exert the most strain on your body. I found a few that I could not do for the life of me, so what did I do? Worked them like no tomorrow. My current routine is a 2 day repeating routine
1st Day
Chest
Abs
Back

2nd Day
Legs/Calves
abs
Arms (biceps and triceps, no forearms)

Now this is a workout i've specified more for rugby. I know I should throw more plyo into it but I'm too damn lazy.