Caffeine bad for PE?

BvckWood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I currently workout 3~4 times a week and take a caffeine pill before lifting. It has around 2 cups of coffee worth of caffeine, and I was wondering if that would have any effect on my gains? I do PE before any weight lifting.

HansTwilight

Retired Moderator, PE Gym Editor, Member of the M
Reaction score
Caffeine has nothing to do with tissue expansion. It may also improve erections.

slunk

Senior Member, Member of the Month July 2017
Well Done !
Reaction score
I doubt it would hurt your gaining. Never knew caffeine improved erections, that's good to know.

HansTwilight

Retired Moderator, PE Gym Editor, Member of the M
Reaction score

slunk

Senior Member, Member of the Month July 2017
Well Done !
Reaction score
Caffeine is a stimulant so it may add a bit to erections.

Don't drink too much though, and no loads of sugar, cream or whatever. Just drink it black.

I always drink coffee black, and usually only in the morning. I don't really crave coffee, but occasionally I have a cup in the afternoon. I'm going to monitor my EQ on those multi cup days from now on.

Phoenix7672

Senior Member, Member of the Month Oct 2015
Well Done !
Reaction score
No one takes coffee away from me....if they value their life. lol

+1 though on it being real coffee, and not what some people drink/order these days. One milk and one sugar is enough for me 99% of the time.

BvckWood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not sure why this thread in being continued about coffee when thread topic has been covered. 💤

MarchSalami

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Stay hydrated! I forget and suffer from it later. Have a water bottle and drink your coffee black.

xdeanox

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Caffeine can affect the body and brain in a number of ways. While it is most commonly used for alertness and mental focus, caffeine consumption does have other possible side effects that should not be overlooked. Blood vessel constriction, also known as vasoconstriction, is one of these potential side effects.
Vasoconstriction is the narrowing of the blood vessels resulting from contraction of the muscular wall of the vessels, in particular the large arteries and small arterioles. The process is the opposite of vasodilation, the widening of blood vessels. The process is particularly important in staunching hemorrhage and acute blood loss. When blood vessels constrict, the flow of blood is restricted or decreased, thus retaining body heat or increasing vascular resistance. This makes the skin turn paler because less blood reaches the surface, reducing the radiation of heat. On a larger level, vasoconstriction is one mechanism by which the body regulates and maintains mean arterial pressure.
So in theory as good blood flow is a must for PE then caffeine couldn't be a positive contributor, infact it has to be negative.

LeafyGreens

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Caffeine can affect the body and brain in a number of ways. While it is most commonly used for alertness and mental focus, caffeine consumption does have other possible side effects that should not be overlooked. Blood vessel constriction, also known as vasoconstriction, is one of these potential side effects.

Vasoconstriction is the narrowing of the blood vessels resulting from contraction of the muscular wall of the vessels, in particular the large arteries and small arterioles. The process is the opposite of vasodilation, the widening of blood vessels. The process is particularly important in staunching hemorrhage and acute blood loss. When blood vessels constrict, the flow of blood is restricted or decreased, thus retaining body heat or increasing vascular resistance. This makes the skin turn paler because less blood reaches the surface, reducing the radiation of heat. On a larger level, vasoconstriction is one mechanism by which the body regulates and maintains mean arterial pressure.
So in theory as good blood flow is a must for PE then caffeine couldn't be a positive contributor, infact it has to be negative.

That's some shameful plagiarism right there. :bad:

Here are the copy/paste sources for the information:
Does Caffeine Constrict Blood Vessels? | LIVESTRONG.COM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasoconstriction

BvckWood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So I'm taking a supplement for fat loss while in a caloric deficit. There's about 400mg of caffeine daily that I take separated into two different servings. Would this be bad for PE?

Undead

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Hey lets keep this simple... Caffeine has many side effect on a cellular a level like many things. Personally i wouldn't take 400mg, a day is its just not needed... MY advise to you is increase the amount of water intake because caffeine does dehydrate you and therefore could be affecting the way your body heals on a cellular level considering your cells need plenty of water to heal. just my 2 cents

Also note 1 cup of Cuban coffee contains around 100mg of caffeine. And that's a good amount.

Undead

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Also yes caffeine,sugar, energy drink and cocaine all cause vasoconstriction. But the important thing to keep in mind is your body uses "energy" and "water" for that effect to take place. As long as you are consuming a moderate amount with balanced out "food" and "water" you have nothing to worry about. Keep your body in homeostasis and you will maintain a good health.