BTC While Standing: Ideas?

HangHung

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Hey guys, been hanging quite a bit and I have to say the "position" for BTC, if done in a chair, can grow quite uncomfortable for the back if you're doing it for a considerable length of time most of the day. I'd therefore like to give myself the option to be in the much more comfortable standing position, without having to sacrifice the BTC angle.

Essentially, what this calls for is some form of fulcrum hanging, with a fulcrum that would be placed directly behind me, using a cable or bungee cord to attach to the head of my LG.

I'm looking for ideas of how to accomplish this in the simplest, cheapest fashion, ideally just using household items. So far what I've cobbled together in my mind is the following:
1. Duct tape the top of my office chair, in the same way as with an RSDT fulcrum.
2. Duct tape the middle section of the cable/bungee cord that will make contact with the duct-taped section of the office chair, to further reduce friction.
3. Attach cable/bungee cord to loaded weight stand hook, standing behind chair.
4. Wrap duct taped section of cable/bungee cord over the top of the office chair, and connect the hook on the other side of the cable/cord to the tip of the LG.
5. Pull on cord/cable until weights are lifted off the ground, and remain standing in this position until set is concluded.

Does this make sense to you guys? Anything you'd do differently to make it easier? I feel like it's pretty straightforward as is, but I'll need to order some cable or bungee cord to make this work. I'm also not sure btw if bungee is the best material, since I'm not sure if it would reduce tension in any way. I also have purchased a tension meter, just to make sure I'm getting the appropriate tension during the workout. Let me know any suggestions you have to improve this setup/make it simpler. Thanks.

BigO

Administrator, PEGym Hero,"Woofer"
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
Have you tried aging on a bed or a bench?

I do this sometimes with my feet on the floor so I'm really half on the bed

HangHung

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Have you tried aging on a bed or a bench?

I do this sometimes with my feet on the floor so I'm really half on the bed

Yup. Doesn't work for me for several reasons. Would much rather be in the BTC position in my chair. But even that is a pain in the ass (literally). Mind you I'm hanging 3+ hours a day, so it's a totally different experience than doing something uncomfortable for just 30m-1h. Think if you were sort of mispositioned in an ADS/extender. Doesn't bother you initially, but after hours it can become extremely painful. It's that sort of thing.

Marlon LGHanger

banned
Well Done !
Reaction score
A Fulcrum bar hang can mimic BTC without all the weird contortions you need to put body into to achieve BTC. With the Fulcrum bar you can position it in different areas to target a different kind of stretch. Placing up close to you testicles, even pushing your testicles back can isolate the traction pull closer to the ligament attachment at the pubic bone.

Check out the three video demonstrations. Scroll down to middle of page...
L.G. Hanger, LLC: Search results for fulcrum

Reactions: BigO

BigO

Administrator, PEGym Hero,"Woofer"
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
A Fulcrum bar hang can mimic BTC without all the weird contortions you need to put body into to achieve BTC. With the Fulcrum bar you can position it in different areas to target a different kind of stretch. Placing up close to you testicles, even pushing your testicles back can isolate the traction pull closer to the ligament attachment at the pubic bone.

Check out the three video demonstrations. Scroll down to middle of page...
L.G. Hanger, LLC: Search results for fulcrum

I've made fulcrum with rice socks and duct tape and have used rods, I can attest to the versatility of fulcrum hanging and you can inahlate the ligs and/or tunica.

I agree with Marlon, you can achieve the same targeted areas much easier with some simple items. Cut down and old broom handle, wrap a piece of old towel or pad around it and give it a go.

Cut your weight in half and try few different positions.

EdnyPope

Growing Posts (LTT)
Growing ! (ltt)
Well Done !
Reaction score
Instead of duct-taping the chair and dealing with cables, how about trying an adjustable standing desk converter? You can place your LG on it and easily switch between sitting and standing positions without any hassle. They're readily available online or at office supply stores.
As for the tension, bungee cords might work but consider resistance bands too. They have different strengths and can be easily attached to the desk or chair. This way, you can control and adjust the tension to your preference.