Bathmate or VacuTech, or other?

DownLow

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Sure this has been asked a million times. I read most of the Bathmate thread and sounds like a decent product. I have never pumped before.

I have been PEing for 2 years now with mild success IMO. I would like to increase girth and have been targeting that for the last 5-6 months. Bathmate seems like a product I could use in concert with the grith routines. WHich woudl the vets here suggest? Can the VacuTech be used both air and water? Other than eBay, seems like finding the Bathmate is pretty hard here in the US.

Lastely, anyone with a similar situation as mine which felt the Bathmate worked for them in some capacity?

Waylander

Retired Moderator, PEGym Editor, PEGym Hero
Reaction score
I tell you Downlow if I could do it over I would have bought the Vacutech instead of the bathmate, but I'm not knocking the bathmate its a decent water pump.

DownLow

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I tell you Downlow if I could do it over I would have bought the Vacutech instead of the bathmate, but I'm not knocking the bathmate its a decent water pump.

Excellent, thanks. This can be used water or air, correct?

Waylander

Reaction score
I'm not sure if the Vacutech can be used with water???? I've spoken with several people who have them(not about water) and they all speak VERY highly of them.
The bathmate limits you to the tub or shower and that limits where and when you can use it.

rhinoguy

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I bought a thick wall Vacu Tech several years ago, it is a medical grade device and they are a good company to deal with. They include a third-party hand pump that may fail like mine did, but I was able to take it down to Auto Zone and get it replaced for free on lifetime guarantee. The warranty pump has lasted 10 years so I guess the first one was a dud. The guy said dick pumpers come in all the time wanting hand pumps for using on their todgers, it's the exact same thing used to work on carburetors.

Waylander

Reaction score
I think Harbor freight sells a pump for bleeding brakes that works well, I think thats what Mael uses.

Going411x7

Retired Moderator
Well Done !
Reaction score
Call the VacuTech people. They will tell you if it can be used with water. You should actually reach a real human being there if you call their customer service.

DownLow

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I like the idea of using water which is why I am asking. But would also like the option to not have to use it in the shower. I'll look into it more I guess. Waylander, any gains with the device yet? Or at least that you may contribute to the device useage?

GTO

Reaction score
Use with water? Yep. Use in shower? Yep (tried it recently - takes some getting use to though).

As far as gains, I can attest to gains aidedby manual routine. Bathmate is a great product as well an I use them in tandem.

DownLow

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Use with water? Yep. Use in shower? Yep (tried it recently - takes some getting use to though).

As far as gains, I can attest to gains aidedby manual routine. Bathmate is a great product as well an I use them in tandem.

The Vacutech or Bathmate GTOK?

Actually the idea of this device kind of excites me. I have been pounding girth with little upper shaft gains to show. Maybe if I can break in the upper shaft with some "pressure" I can get on to the next level?

GTO

Reaction score
The Vacutech or Bathmate GTOK?

Actually the idea of this device kind of excites me. I have been pounding girth with little upper shaft gains to show. Maybe if I can break in the upper shaft with some "pressure" I can get on to the next level?

Oops sorry ... I was speaking of the VacuTech in water. I tried it one day after my usual morning BathMate session just to see what the difference was. I didn't care for it too much.

Waylander

Reaction score
Waylander, any gains with the device yet? Or at least that you may contribute to the device useage?

Just temporary gains, but damn doesn't it looks nice for awhile :)

DownLow

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Just temporary gains, but damn doesn't it looks nice for awhile :)

Thanks, I think I wil go with the BM, and if I like it, I will save up for the Vacutech as well. IMO, I think the temp gains will help me, upper shaft girth is being stubborn, although I did measure 1/4" gain in glans tonight with a 50% erection. But no official measurement till next month. But if I can see a temp gain, it will keep me motivated.

steamer

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
I am finishing JP's beginner and am adding the Bathmate slowly. So far, very very nice plumping and nice effects after. Jelqing after is going to help with some girth, but no measuring for a bit still. GF noticing it, if she isnt saying anything, she is not taking it as well as she used to. Wife keeps asking if its hanging more or getting fatter. I wont tell. My secret little obsession!

DownLow

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
So after much debating, I think I will actually go with the Vacutech. I figured I take showers in the AM before work, so not much time to pump there, and then in the evening/night after PE so really not feeling like pumping then. Plus, I don't take 15-20 minute showers. So, Vacutech it is, flared cylinder. ANy other thoughts?

chris1

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
You can try flared cylinder for girth as well length and thick wall is for more like length

rhinoguy

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
The VacuTech thickwall has thick enough walls that it doesn't really bite into your abdomen at the base when you pump up, if that is what you are worried about. I doubt it makes much difference either way though. I have never tried a flared cylinder.

GTO

Reaction score
I use both. Not that big a difference. The flared has a slight indent at the base to help against pulling scrotum into the tube. When I'm doing cock work only (no ball pumping), I use the flared first (to get a nice plump), then go up to the thickwall later in the session.

redbear52

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I am not an experienced pumper, but I bought a conventional type (dry) vacuum pump and cylinder recently and have been playing with it. I have not used the Bathmate, but I have read a number of threads posted by guys who have. A reasonable one can be found here: http://www.thundersplace.org/forum/showthread.php?t=131476&page=1&pp=15

Unfortunately, since that thread contains some penis pictures, it is located in the "members only" section of that forum. There are also extensive threads over at the M*****s of S*ze forum, but since that forum is a Bathmate "partner" they have a financial incentive to push it over there.

I have heard of guys using a conventional cylinder like those made by Vacutech for water pumping and applying suction to the tubing by mouth. I think I also heard of a guy water pumping with a gauged pump who would keep disconnecting the tubing from the cylinder while pumping, and allowing the water to drain from it before reattaching it, so as to keep water out of the pump itself.

I have also heard of guys using the Bathmate for air pumping (as was discussed in the thread I linked) but it didn't sound as if it worked too well. I think if you want to water pump the Bathmate makes more sense, and if you want to air vacuum pump a conventional cylinder and pump make more sense.

The advantages of the Bathmate seem to me to be:

1. Well-suited for water pumping, if that is what you want to do.

2. Simplicity. No need for an external pump and tubing.

It seems to have some significant disadvantages to me, however. These are:

1. Not well-suited for air pumping, according to what I have read.

2. Use for water pumping largely restricts use to bath time. If you use it in the shower and let the water run, you are going to be using a lot of hot water if you pump for 20 or 30 minutes.

3. A very limited selection of cylinder sizes. It only comes in two sizes and from what I have read, if you have a maximal girth of 6" or more, the regular Hercules is probably not going to be wide enough for you. The larger Goliath sounds ginormous.

4. Lack of a pressure gauge to monitor and adjust vacuum pressure. The Bathmate is pressure-regulated by a valve, but basically you pump it up until water stops coming out of it and that is it. Furthermore, I have yet to hear exactly how much vacuum pressure that is. Perhaps someone here knows.

redbear52

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
One thing you could do that would be very helpful is to give precise internal diameters of the cylinders for the Hercules and Goliath devices. The closest thing to that I have seen is an indication on the Bathmate site that the Hercules is suitable for men with penis diameters up to 1.88". Does that mean the ID of the Hercules cylinder is 1.88" or a little bigger? As I recall, the outer maximal dimensions of the device are listed, but this is irrelevant to cylinder sizing. I have read threads from men with base girth diameters of around 6" who find the Hercules too small for them. This corresponds to a diameter of around 1.9", but these guys may also have oval penis cross-sections.

As I said I am not an experienced pumper, but I have done some, and read about it quite a bit. The bruising and swelling you described with vacuum pumping can certainly occur but it is by no means an unavoidable consequence of pumping without water. Certainly, high vacuum can be introduced quickly, but there is no reason it has to be, or should be, and it should not happen accidentally if one uses a gauged pump.

I would advise anyone who is undertaking vacuum pumping to use a pump with an attached gauge. If you do, the vacuum pressure can be taken up slowly, and there is no need to go to vacuums higher than 3" Hg initially. At this vacuum pressure few men report bruising or swelling. It is certainly possible to unwittingly go to much higher levels of vacuum by using a pump with no gauge, or even when establishing vacuum by mouth suction.

Reactions: bathmateuk