At what weight do the gains start?

alexemre11

Growing Posts (LTT)
Growing ! (ltt)
Reaction score
I've been hanging with a vacuum for 2 months. I increase the weight every 2 weeks. I'm currently hanging with 6lbs for 3 x 20 minutes. It's been 2 months but no gain. At what weight do the gains start?

BigO

Administrator, PEGym Hero,"Woofer"
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
I've been hanging with a vacuum for 2 months. I increase the weight every 2 weeks. I'm currently hanging with 6lbs for 3 x 20 minutes. It's been 2 months but no gain. At what weight do the gains start?
In most cases people report gains at around 8 to 10 lbs, for some it may take more weight. The toughness of your tunica will determine when you gain and at what weight.

The early stages should not be rushed though. This is very important for conditioning.

I'd figure a few months of consistent and proper hanging to get to the gaining part. Also, gains do not come fast with hanging.

You can incorporate some manual stretching along with your hanging routine.

Don't measure too frequently, it can be discouraging.

If you only gain 1/16th of an inch a month, that would be 1/2 of in inch in 8 months. 1/8th of an inch a month would be 1/2 of an inch in 4 months.

To achieve the easiest gains, try and hang BTC to deform your suspensory ligament.

Gazza81

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
The 3x20 minute sets is a general guideline for compression hanging, any longer and you starve the glans of oxygen. With your vacuum hanger you could potentially do longer sets if your taping is correct and worked your way up slowly.
People talk about shock loading, you could do 5 to 10 minutes of bundle stretches before hanging which should help with gains.

Reactions: alexemre11 and BigO