Adding weights, more and more?

Lionheart66

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I can hang 5.1kg (11-12lbs) 2x30min sets daily. It has now started to feel pretty good. I feel good stretching and fatique. I feel i can add more weights though. Should i? Is it mandatory to just keep pushing forward and always add more if i feel so? I have seen this "Kingsnake" dude hanging 25lbs. Do i have to aim that high?

Or, is 12lbs enough?

I understand if one goes to gym and wants to grow bigger muscles he has to always try to lift heavier weights. The program must be progressive. Does it have to be continuously progressive in PE hanging as well?

incogneeetoe

Moderator, Member of the Month Sept 2017, *Specia
Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
I suppose it depends a great deal on how much time is involved

TeoDeles

Senior Member, Member of the Month July 2018
Well Done !
Reaction score
The program must be progressive. Does it have to be continuously progressive in PE hanging as well?

Yes hanging relies on progressions... But you have to progress on the weights with small increments and only when the previous weights feels very light.
The how much weight is an individualistic matter and it doesn t matter how much weight you hang but how do you feel under the weight.

Joe Schlong

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I use a cheap vacuum hanger, and hang for an hour and a bit every time, never going past 3 kg. I've been making solid gains!