Aching or throbbing feel in penis shaft

JasonJ2

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I have been feeling this weird discomfort in the left end side of my shaft, it isn't painful it more of a ache, it happens very infrequently to and happens on its own without me touching it. I can't describe how it feel's but it's like a aching / throbbing...

this pain started after i used a rubber band on my penis. it would happen randomly while i'm walking or sometimes after i'm done masturbating.. On the left side of my shaft there is a vein.. i can't tell if its the vein that is aching or inside my penis.

this pain has been going for a month it would happen randomly like i said.. it will come for 10-20 minutes and go away and sometimes it would never happen

the pain has been happening for a month.

Last edited:

PointyStick

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
When you say end side of the shaft do you mean near the glans?

jockinthebox

Retired Moderator, Member of the Month May 2015,
Reaction score
More importantly for the future...Did you learn ANYTHING from wearing a rubber band around your penis, Jason?:confused:

You only have ONE PENIS...TAKE CARE OF HIM & DON'T ABUSE HIM!:bad: Cutting off blood circulation to your penis by wearing a constrictive band or cock ring for more than 30 minutes is NEVER beneficial...it causes TISSUE DAMAGE! Use the head between your shoulders...NOT THE HEAD BETWEEN YOU LEGS when PE'ing!:bad:

Leave your penis alone until you're mature enough to understand the above^^^, Jason...you should recover, with time.

JasonJ2

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
no its the other side not near the glans

Jay1983

Senior Member, Member of the Month Apr 2014, Sept
Well Done !
Reaction score
No spanking the monkey for a while. Let him heal.

JasonJ2

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Ok thank you...

I went to a urologist and told him about the pain on the left side and he told me it could be hernia but i don't have lumps, redness or anything like that in the area that i could see of and this pain happened after using the rubberband, and he also told me to put ice on the aching area so i do that and it kinda stops the ache and feels good. He really didn't know much of what the pain could be..
This pain Usually happens if i walk for a while.
The pain is on the left shaft end of my penis (not near the glans, near the pubic area) like i said and the pain/ache hits my left inner thigh as well.. if i squeeze my left leg inner thighs i can feel the pain.. it feels as if something is bruised inside ..
I use to did lots of leg stretching but i have stopped, its been 5 months since i've stopped. ( just wanted to say that if it would help to see what this could be, dunno if that had to do anything with the ache )

I've read online that it could be muscle strain , blood clots , varicose veins.. if anyone has a idea of what it could be please reply. thank you.

Last edited:

JasonJ2

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
What are the symptoms of a blood clot or ruptured veins in a penis?

because my penis veins are itching inside sometimes and when i wear a condom the veins feel like there suffocating / chocking sometimes.. ( with thin condoms even )

CriticalMass

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
What are the symptoms of a blood clot or ruptured veins in a penis?

because my penis veins are itching inside sometimes and when i wear a condom the veins feel like there suffocating / chocking sometimes.. ( with thin condoms even )

As examples, in venous rupture:

"Patients with superficial penile dorsal vein rupture can experience bleeding from the ruptured vein and can present with a dorsally-swollen and mildly painful penis, which usually occurs within 24 hours following sexual intercourse. The dorsal hematoma occurs spontaneously and is not accompanied by immediate detumescence. The dorsally-swollen penis will reveal an ecchymosed area at the base. Nonetheless, the glans usually appears normal."

and venous thrombosis:

"The patient consistently presents with a rope-like cord on the dorsum of the penis. The cord is a thrombosed dorsal vein, which has become thickened and adherent to the overlying skin. Often, the lesion will extend superiorly into the suprapubic area. The vein may appear to be swollen and erythematous. The patient will report having a significant amount of pain, which can be either episodic or constant. In some cases, affected patients can also present irritative micturition syndrome."

DarkMedic

Senior Member, Member of the Month April 2017
Well Done !
Reaction score
How often do you ejaculate, and does it ache more if you get aroused a bunch within a day but don't get release?

JasonJ2

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
i ejaculate 3 times a week.. it doesn't really hurt when im erect but when im erect and about to ejaculate the veins feel as if there about to pop, or as if there choking..

Ok from reading this i dont have venous rupture because there isn't any internal bleeding from what i can see or swelling..

But for the other one venous thrombosis i can't tell if i do.. there isn't swelling, bruising but there is a ache
in the veins..

I think i made veins that were thin in my penis that can't be seen much to Thick purple from stopping blood flow ...
and its whats causing the itching inside the veins and aching

Should i go to a urologist and get a doppler ultrasound?

and thank you for the replies.

Last edited:

CriticalMass

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Should i go to a urologist and get a doppler ultrasound?

and thank you for the replies.

You're very welcome! Seeing a doctor is definitely a good idea, especially with concerning symptoms (like pain) in a sensitive area like the penis.

JasonJ2

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
ok thank you, i'm going to see if i can book a doppler ultrasound exam to see if there is any vein or any problem in the penis

JasonJ2

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
ok than its not thrombosed vein

thank you tho :)

DarkMedic

Well Done !
Reaction score
I ask only because the symptoms sound very much like mildly varicosed veins, which can potentially occur anywhere from internal pressure if blood is not allowed to drain. For example if the pampiniform plexus is not able or allowed to drain, they can dilate chronically and cause pain that is only relieved through ejaculation or cold application (chronic blue balls basically). Hopefully a doc can tell you if you have an enlarged vein and maybe what the particular vein and it's function is. That would be useful because you could better understand what causes the problem and determine how to relieve it. I have a minor varicocele (which is more common on the left side), but through understanding what the problem is I am able to work around it and make it essentially nonexistent, as well as ensuring it doesn't progress or become problematic.

DarkMedic

Well Done !
Reaction score
If it happened acutely, which it sounds like it did, it is very likely that it will resolve itself and disappear completely if handled correctly. As opposed to chronic pressure permanently stretching it over the course of months or years.