imac's Phallosan Forte Progress Log

imac

Retired Moderator, Member of the Month Nov 12, PE
Reaction score
Objective

Simple really, I'm going to recreate the Phallosan Forte clinical trial for myself. I'm going to take my starting measurements, wear the PF for 6 months and then remeasure to see if I gain.

Stats

• All measurements taken in a warm room, any other measurements taken throughout this log will be taken in the same conditions
  • Measurements taken standing with penis parallel to the floor, using the edge of the ruler, not the flat, down the centre pressed to the pubic bone

FL - 4" and 4/16ths
BPFSL - 6"
BPEL - 5" and 12/16ths
MSEG - 5" and 8/16ths

Delivery, Packaging and Product

Delivery
The delivery only took 6 days which I thought was really good, I received a tracking number from Julian (the PF rep) so I was able to track it progress.

Packaging
Plain and discreet packaging, nothing to identify what was in there.

Product
In the box was,
1 Protector cap for the glans
1 Mini vacuum pump
1 Protector ring and adjustable belt
3 Suction cups small, medium and large with corresponding condom sleeves attached
1 Tension guage
1 DVD with a short and basic demo on the subject
1 Size template

I would of liked it if there were a set of paper instructions with it that detailed the best way to put on the protector cap and condom sleeve, I didn't find the DVD to be very helpful. I know Julian has recently made a new video with a real person showing the best way to do this, so in the future I hope that video is also added to the DVD.

-----------------------------------------------------

Notes:

How to roll the condom sleeve over the bell

This is the easiest way I've found so far.

1 - Roll the sleeve about halfway to 3/4 towards the bell, NOT all the way down.

2 -
Looking down into the opening of the bell as if it were a clock face. Using both my index fingers and thumbs lift peal the sleeve over the bell into the 12 o'clock position.

3 -
Then I pin that in place with the index finger of my left hand, while at the same time using the remaining thumb from my left hand and the thumb and index finger from my right to stretch the sleeve around the edge of the bell into the 9 and 3 o'clock positions.

4 -
Once I've done that I move my finger that was holding the sleeve at the 12 o'clock position to the 3 o'clock position holding the sleeve in place around the edge and freeing up my hand to peal the last bit of the sleeve onto the 6 o'clock position so that the sleeve is now completely pealed over the edge of the bell.

Discretion

I would say it depends on the kind of clothes you wear. If you wear loose fitting comfortable clothes then it's pretty well concealed, all you'll see is a small bulge at the hip which isn't that noticeable, you can even move it down a bit so that the small bulge looks to be coming from you're pocket. If you had something in your pocket I doubt it would be noticeable at all.

I haven't worn it outside yet but I've worn it around my house comfortably with family and friends and it hasn't drawn any notice.

Night time wear

I haven't worn it at night and I don't plan to despite it been suggested that it can be. I find it comfortable to wear as long as I can change the stretch direction every couple of hours, I think it would be annoying and uncomfortable to sleep in. It would for me anyway as I quite often roll onto my front during the night.

I feel there would also be and increased risk of ripping the sleeve while moving during sleep, and want to make them last as long as possible.

I also don't like the idea of needing a piss in the middle of the night and having to take it off carefully then dust the sleeve and cap with talcum powder before going back to sleep. I'd rather just have a good night sleep.

First experiment taping foreskin

I tried taping my foreskin closed it see if I could apply the protector cap over the foreskin and still get a good stretch.

First I tried using a stretchy first aid plaster by pulling my foreskin closed while erect and the putting on the cap. It griped well so I let myself soften to a semi and put on the bell and attached the Phallosan.

Unfortunately after only abut 5 minutes the cap pulled off my glans and was left holding the end of my foreskin, the bell lost suction and I was pulled out of the sleeve. (Fail)

On a side note: Don't use a plaster to tape your foreskin. If you think it can be painful to pull off a plaster from regular skin just try pulling it of your foreskin (Ouch) :target:

I also tried this with micro surgical tape but the same thing happened. I'll experiment more in the future to see if I can get this method to work with the cap.

Hole in the protector cap

I used a needle to poke holes close together in the end of the cap until there was a small hole in the end that would allow any trapped air out.

So far since using it with the small hole, pulling my foreskin back and placing it over the glans with the edge of my foreskin tucked into the bottom edge of the cap, I haven't had any uncomfortable swelling in the skin around the end of my foreskin and around my urethra.

Another reason I don't plan to wear it sleeping

When I'm wear it and something turns me on and I start to get hard it gets really uncomfortable, painful even, as the condom sleeve constricts my shaft and the edge of the bell digs into me just below the glans. This isn't even from being fully erect, when this happens I still my mind and control my breathing to make myself go soft, so I don't want to know what it'll fell like if I get a full erection while I sleep. I usually have several erections during the night and I'm not prepared to roll the dice and hope that my penis isn't strangled in the night.

Loss of suction due to the protector cap

For the past few days I've been experiencing loss of suction for the first time. I'm still using my first sleeve so I thought it probably from being stretched over time, but turns out it was the protector cap. It's become stretched out and more malleable through use which is somehow causing problems with suction.

What I think is happening is that when pumping the air out of the bell the end of the cap is being pulled away from the tip of my glans and blocking the valve before my glans have fully expanded to fill the bell leaving little voids in the bell for air to fill.

After I removed the cap and put it back on, it held suction just fine.

Swelling

I stopped using the protector cap last week because it was causing loss of suction, so for a week I've wore it without the cap.

The trouble is that to get a good grasp on the glans I have to pull my foreskin back before entering the bell. This has been causing swelling around the end of my foreskin, particularly my exposed frenulum. This has made it uncomfortable to wear and when I need to remove it to take a bathroom break it's become not only difficult to put back on, but uncomfortable and a bit painful due to the swelling.

Because of this I haven't been too enthusiastic about wearing it, so decided to try the large bell with the medium sleeve. I knew I'd still get the swelling but at least I'd be able to get in and out of it without discomfort.

It didn't work, the lager bell was just too big and it kept causing loss of suction, so I had to find a different solution.

Wrapping the glans

I cut a strip of self grip bandage of about 1" by 6"

I pulled my foreskin back while flaccid, and then taking the wrapping, wrapped it around my glans over my foreskin leaving the end of my glans exposed and securing it with a bit of medical tape .

Using this wrapping has eliminated all swelling around the end of my foreskin except for a little bit at my frenulum where it's still a little bit exposed. My frenulum still gets some swelling as well, but not as bad and it goes down quicker and is better by the next day.

It's very easy now to go in and out of the bell without any discomfort and I'm finding it to be the most comfortable to wear it's been so far. Because the wrapping doesn't cover the end of the glans you don't need to remove it when you need to take it off to go to the toilet which is far more convenient that the protector cap.

Wrapping the sleeve

The way the foam ring sits pressed against the sleeve was causing it to be pulled down at one side which was causing it to lift a bit on the opposite side, which was allowing a little air to get into the sleeve and work it's way up to the bell causing loss of suction.

This hasn't happened before so I think it may be a sign that he medium sleeve is becoming a bit looser.

What I've done to fix this is to cut a bit of the same self grip bandage I use to wrap the glans, about 2" by 6", and wrap this firmly around the condom sleeve and secure it with a bit of medical tape. So far this has stopped any air getting in the sleeve and causing loss of suction.

Using this two simple wrapping techniques has made it the most comfortable to wear since I started this log.

Improved glans wrap

It basically the same as I described in post #120

Wrapping the glans

I cut a strip of self grip bandage of about 1" by 6"

I pulled my foreskin back while flaccid, and then taking the wrapping, wrapped it around my glans over my foreskin leaving the end of my glans exposed and securing it with a bit of medical tape .

Using this wrapping has eliminated all swelling around the end of my foreskin except for a little bit at my frenulum where it's still a little bit exposed. My frenulum still gets some swelling as well, but not as bad and it goes down quicker and is better by the next day.

It's very easy now to go in and out of the bell without any discomfort and I'm finding it to be the most comfortable to wear it's been so far. Because the wrapping doesn't cover the end of the glans you don't need to remove it when you need to take it off to go to the toilet which is far more convenient that the protector cap.

The only difference is that I also put another strip of wrap 0.5" by 3" over my glans across my frenulum and urethra and then wrap the other strip around that as described before to secure it in place. Wrapping this way leaves only a little of my glans exposed to vacuum and completely protects my frenulum from any of the swelling I was getting.

Last edited:

imac

Reaction score
Day 1
16 sep 2013

I don't like the protector cap, it was a struggle to get it on correctly. I eventually found the easiest way for me to ware it was to pull back my foreskin as it was just causing problems trying to get it on over it.

To start with I found it a struggle to get the condom sleeve around the lip of the bell when putting it on, but that was due to me being overly cautious because of all the times I read people saying the ripped or burst the sleeve straight away, and I didn't want that to happen as it only comes with one of each size.
I think I have the hang of it now though, I just roll the sleeve back on itself about half way to 3/4 down then pull it up and around the lip.

I found it really comfortable to wear, the tension I used was half the green showing on the tension indicator. I was a little worried that I wasn't feeling much of a stretch, because the stretch felt a lot more gentle than my manual stretch, but after the hour was done it felt like it had been stretched.

I'm sure it'll get easier to use with each use.

Time:
To the left - 1 hour
To the right - 0 hours

traction-force-0b.jpg

Last edited:

imac

Reaction score
Day 2
17 sep 2013
Had another problem with the protector cap today, I lost suction and the cap was pulled off my glans and left inside the bell. I re-applied it and this time I didn't unroll the sleeve all the way and I didn't get any more loss of suction.

The is my first experience with a suction device so I expect there to be a learning curve.

Time:
To the left - 1 hour
To the right - 2 hours

Total - 3 hours

Last edited:

imac

Reaction score
Day 2

Had another problem with the protector cap today, I lost suction and the cap was pulled off my glans and left inside the bell. I re-applied it and this time I didn't unroll the sleeve all the way and I didn't get any more loss of suction.

The is my first experience with a suction device so I expect there to be a learning curve.

Time:
To the left - 1 hour
To the right - 2 hours

Total - 3 hours

I decided to do another hour without the protector cap. I found it to be much more comfortable and a lot easier to put on.

I was worried about vacuum blisters after reading about them in the LG thread, but reasoned that I fit the cup fully, the tension wasn't anywhere near that of a hanger and it was only for an hour. Plus the cups clear, so I could see through it to check on my glans.

I've ordered some self grip wrap so I can try out wrapping my glans like what's been described in the LG thread.

Time:
To the left - 2 hours
To the right - 2 hours

Total - 4 hours

pudendal

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I was also having some issues with loss of suction early on as the medium condom started to stretch out. I switched from using the medium to the small condom for a couple weeks. This seemed to work alright after intentionally stretching the small condom a little by leaving it rolled up over the bell. Julian in the Phallosan support thread suggested my problem might have been excess baby powder preventing me from getting a good seal. I think it was a combination of both issues since the edge of the condom was visibly stretched out, but using less baby powder does seem to help. Now I'm back to using the medium condom without the slipping issues. Hopefully this is a sign I've achieved a little growth.

How often do you plan to measure? I'm waiting until I've completed the first month, but it's starting to feel a little bigger in my hands.

imac

Reaction score
I was also having some issues with loss of suction early on as the medium condom started to stretch out. I switched from using the medium to the small condom for a couple weeks. This seemed to work alright after intentionally stretching the small condom a little by leaving it rolled up over the bell. Julian in the Phallosan support thread suggested my problem might have been excess baby powder preventing me from getting a good seal. I think it was a combination of both issues since the edge of the condom was visibly stretched out, but using less baby powder does seem to help. Now I'm back to using the medium condom without the slipping issues. Hopefully this is a sign I've achieved a little growth.

How often do you plan to measure? I'm waiting until I've completed the first month, but it's starting to feel a little bigger in my hands.

I keep reading that you really need to extend for around 1000 hours before you start to see gains, so I decided not to measure again until the 6 months is up.

So far I've been using the medium bell and sleeve, I think I have it sussed now how to put it on right so as not to lose suction. I've been putting baby powder on the sleeve after every use, I want it to last as long as possible.

donjelqer76

Retired Moderator, PEGym Hero
Reaction score
I'll be keeping a close eye on this. This is a device I wouldn't mind trying sometime in the future

the_Based_God

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I'm gonna watch this thread, too. I started the Forte a week ago. Starting: SFL 6", BPEL 7", NBPEL 6.5", FL 4", MSEG 5.1". It becomes incredibly easy to use. I really hope I don't put 1-4k hours into this and not gain NBPEL.

BigO

Administrator, PEGym Hero,"Woofer"
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
Nice log Imac, I am interested in your journey too. I look forward to following your journey.

imac

Reaction score
Day 3
18 sep 2013

I did another 3 hours today without the protector cap and was fine, not even a hint of a blister, no red dots. It's very comfortable to wear you can just strap it on a forget about it.

I did a little tension test, I tied a 0.5kg weight to the attachment ring with a shoelace and a carabiner, and it showed the same amount of green on the tension bars as I've had it set to with the belt. I also tested 1kg which took it into the yellow.

What I need to do now is find out what the best tension level is for extending to get the best results.

Time:
To the left - 5 hours
To the right - 2 hours

Total - 7 hours

Last edited:

imac

Reaction score
Day 4
19 Sep 2013

Today I added I bit more tension to the end of the green the beginning of the yellow, I estimate it at around 900g.

I did 3 hours to the right without the cap. Approaching the 3 hour mark it started to get a bit uncomfortable at the ring and the clip was digging into my hip, I sorted that by wrapping a sock around it. I got a couple red dots on my glans from not wearing the protector cup, and they were puffy for a few minutes after I took it off.

Because of the red dot, I wore the cap when I did another hour to the left. I'm hoping the self grip wrap I ordered get here soon so I can do away with the cap without having to worry about blisters or broken blood vessels.

Time:
To the left - 6
To the right - 5

Total - 11 hours

Last edited:

imac

Reaction score
How to roll the condom sleeve over the bell

This is the easiest way I've found so far.

1 - Roll the sleeve about halfway to 3/4 towards the bell, NOT all the way down.

2 - Looking down into the opening of the bell as if it were a clock face. Using both my index fingers and thumbs lift peal the sleeve over the bell into the 12 o'clock position.

3 - Then I pin that in place with the index finger of my left hand, while at the same time using the remaining thumb from my left hand and the thumb and index finger from my right to stretch the sleeve around the edge of the bell into the 9 and 3 o'clock positions.

4 - Once I've done that I move my finger that was holding the sleeve at the 12 o'clock position to the 3 o'clock position holding the sleeve in place around the edge and freeing up my hand to peal the last bit of the sleeve onto the 6 o'clock position so that the sleeve is now completely pealed over the edge of the bell.

Last edited:

imac

Reaction score
Day 5
20 Sep 2013

I've done 8 hours today wearing the protector cap at a high green tension, I changed direction every 2 hours to keep it from getting uncomfortable.

Time:
To the left - 10
To the right - 9

Total - 19 hours

Padawan787

Moderator Reserve, PEGym Hero
Reaction score
imac, how discreet is this when worn? Their site implies being able to go out and about while wearing it, which I find hard to believe to be honest.

Have you worn it at night?

kickinthemebs

Senior Member, Member of the Month Feb 2014,
Well Done !
Reaction score
It is discreet when worn outside if you have loose fitting clothes on and a sort of hoody/jumper etc to go over where your pocket area is, i.e. where the bulge would be. Also, you could put a wallet in that pocket too just in case you are worried.

imac, how discreet is this when worn? Their site implies being able to go out and about while wearing it, which I find hard to believe to be honest.

imac

Reaction score

Discretion

I would say it depends on the kind of clothes you wear. If you wear loose fitting comfortable clothes then it's pretty well concealed, all you'll see is a small bulge at the hip which isn't that noticeable, you can even move it down a bit so that the small bulge looks to be coming from you're pocket. If you had something in your pocket I doubt it would be noticeable at all.

I haven't worn it outside yet but I've worn it around my house comfortably with family and friends and it hasn't drawn any notice.

Night time wear

I haven't worn it at night and I don't plan to despite it been suggested that it can be. I find it comfortable to wear as long as I can change the stretch direction every couple of hours, I think it would be annoying and uncomfortable to sleep in. It would for me anyway as I quite often roll onto my front during the night.

I feel there would also be and increased risk of ripping the sleeve while moving during sleep, and want to make them last as long as possible.

I also don't like the idea of needing a piss in the middle of the night and having to take it off carefully then dust the sleeve and cap with talcum powder before going back to sleep. I'd rather just have a good night sleep.

imac

Reaction score
Day 6
21 Sep 2013

8 hours again today, 4 to each side. The tension in the high green changing direction every 2 hours.

Time:
To the left - 14
To the right - 13

Total - 27 hours

imac

Reaction score
Day 7
22 Sep 2013

Only did 4 hours today. There was some swelling around the end of my foreskin which made it tight and uncomfortable when erect, I suspect the cap may be the cause. I'll find out when I change over to the wrap.

Time:
To the left - 16
To the right - 15

Total - 31 hours

imac

Reaction score
Day 9
23 Sep 2013

Rest day

I'm hoping that my wrapping tape will come tomorrow, I've taken the last two days off due to some slight swelling which is uncomfortable, but I want to get back into it. As I've said before, I don't like the protector cap, mostly for having to pull my foreskin back to wear it effectively, I believe this is what caused the slight swelling.

I'm going to try some different ways of protecting the glans. I'm going try taping my foreskin closed over my glans before putting on the cap to see if that makes a difference, I may also make a small hole in the cap so that air can't be trapped in the end. And I'm going to try some methods of wrapping with the self grip tape to find out what's the best method is for protecting the glans.

I'll post my results.

Time:
To the left - 16
To the right - 15

Total - 31 hours