The Pillow Stretch: easy, fast and effective.

MarcusHa

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
The exercise described below will most certainly relax your pelvic floor without much effort. It has helped me a lot, making my Reverse Kegels finally work and causing involuntary kegels to almost disappear.

HOW TO DO IT

1) Put the pillow(s)* under your buttocks and lie down straight facing up (the floor will give a better stretch).
2) Stay on this position for 5-10 minutes, just breathing deep and slowly.

* That's all. Can't be more clear. I have not tried edging while doing this, so if you try it, please give feedback.

* Only do it ONCE A DAY, because it takes long hours for the muscles to recover. I usually do it last thing at night, and by morning my pelvic floor is still weak. That's why you should EDGE BEFORE; I have tried to edge after those pillow stretch sessions with no luck - so its a good idea to wait around 12-24h to Edge or have Sex. I also take REST DAYS every 2/3 days.

* PILLOWS: folding one pillows will doble its height. Find how many pillows, or how many folded pillows is right for you. Then increase the height, as you feel comfortable. I find 2 pillows good enough. BEST POSITIONS FOR THE PILLOWS: View attachment 16182

* BE CAREFUL: I dont know the dangers of this exercise. So it is a good idea to warm up before doing this. I have done those: CPPS Stretches - Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome (CPPS) Stretches

The pillow exercise will intensely stretch something on your pelvic floor. I am still trying to figure out what exactly it affects - so please help. I hope it will stretch important muscles such as PC and BC, making it able to stay in larger positions naturally, by increasing its flexibility. This would certainly take away the constant tension some people feel and possibly relax it.

Please give feedback. Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: Minuteman

imac

Retired Moderator, Member of the Month Nov 12, PE
Reaction score
OK, so I tried this and here are my initial thoughts.

1. Two pillows both folded in half (I first tried one but didn't feel much of a stretch) so I put them under my butt and relaxed.

At first I did it with my legs pointed straight down and I didn't feel much in my pelvic area just my lower back but the more I spread my legs apart the better the stretch was in the front of the pelvic area and my lower abs. I did that for about 10 mins and found it a relaxing passive stretch.

2. Next I tried it on my sides and placed the pillows under my hips.

I didn't feel much in my pelvic floor, maybe just a token stretch. I mainly felt the stretch on my hip flexors and the outside of my thigh.

3. Lastly I tried it on my front, I used three pillows for this because two didn't do anything.

I did feel a stretch along the back of my pelvic floor but not much of one but enough to make it feel nice and relaxed but it wasn't intense in any way.

I thought the stretch you described in your OP was a nice passive stretch I found it relaxing but I didn't find it intense like you described or experience any muscle fatigue and I was able to edge right afterwards.
I didn't like the pillows under me, they were too soft but I have a new duvet that I haven't taken out of its packing yet so I used that and found it better. It made me think that you could probable get a better stretch with something a bit firmer like one of those foam massage rollers.
Foam-Roller-Slide_0.jpg

I'll try it out some more and give feedback if I have any more thoughts.

Minuteman

Member of the Month March 2013.
Well Done !
Reaction score
This kind of illustrates the idea (the ball should be a little closer to the hips/but, actually): http://www.instablogsimages.com/1/2012/05/09/image_title_kil2n.jpg

If anyone has this kind of ball, please try!

I tested it out with the ball and when the ball gets a little closer to the hips/but it kinda gets uncomfortable. As imac said I also don't feel much of the stretch in the pelvic area. However, it is an interesting idea and more people should try it and see does it helps.

I will later (probably next day or so) with a pillow.

MarcusHa

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
1. Two pillows both folded in half (I first tried one but didn't feel much of a stretch) so I put them under my butt and relaxed.

At first I did it with my legs pointed straight down and I didn't feel much in my pelvic area just my lower back but the more I spread my legs apart the better the stretch was in the front of the pelvic area and my lower abs. I did that for about 10 mins and found it a relaxing passive stretch.

(...)

I thought the stretch you described in your OP was a nice passive stretch I found it relaxing but I didn't find it intense like you described or experience any muscle fatigue and I was able to edge right afterwards.

Strange thing. There wasn't even one session that I wouldn't feel tired afterwards. And the effects are well noticeable also. Maybe the effects I feel are related to a back/lower abs flexibility issue. Or maybe you are flexible enough on your pelvic floor to feel it.

I can't figure out why you dont feel it as intense as I do. When I tried 3 folded pillows, my scrotum became very loose and I could not have erection after the session.

MarcusHa

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I tested it out with the ball and when the ball gets a little closer to the hips/but it kinda gets uncomfortable. As imac said I also don't feel much of the stretch in the pelvic area. However, it is an interesting idea and more people should try it and see does it helps.

What do you mean by uncomfortable? Nothing on your pelvic floor? The idea is to let your penis be the highest point of your body. At first I only feel the effects on the very low abs muscles. Then I start to notice something on my testicles, then on pelvic floor.

Minuteman

Well Done !
Reaction score
What do you mean by uncomfortable? Nothing on your pelvic floor? The idea is to let your penis be the highest point of your body. At first I only feel the effects on the very low abs muscles. Then I start to notice something on my testicles, then on pelvic floor.

I didn't use the ball for a while, so that might contribute. As for the pelvic floor, my is probably in a good shape considering what I have been doing during my time here, so even if I take a bigger pause most of the conditioning and flexibility stays.

imac

Reaction score
Strange thing. There wasn't even one session that I wouldn't feel tired afterwards. And the effects are well noticeable also. Maybe the effects I feel are related to a back/lower abs flexibility issue. Or maybe you are flexible enough on your pelvic floor to feel it.

I can't figure out why you dont feel it as intense as I do. When I tried 3 folded pillows, my scrotum became very loose and I could not have erection after the session.

I would say I have a strong and flexible pelvic floor so maybe that's why I didn't find it intense or fatiguing.

Maybe, and I'm just theorising here, that the tension you have in your pelvic floor which must make your muscles more inflexible is what is making the stretch feel so intense for you, that by stretching out that tension you're leaving your muscles tired and relaxed from relieving the tension. Like I said I'm just theorising, I really dunno why you feel it so intense and I don't.

MarcusHa

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Well, let's wait some true premature ejaculators try it then.

MarcusHa

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Minuteman and iMac: I am experimenting with other yoga poses, rather than those we already shared here. I found that one in special affects the root of our training very much (which would be PC and BC muscles).

At least I feel it. Please try it: Bharadvajasana - Tonic for the Spine and Belly - YouTube Do you feel anything on the same muscles that move when you kegel and reverse kegel?

Minuteman

Well Done !
Reaction score
Minuteman and iMac: I am experimenting with other yoga poses, rather than those we already shared here. I found that one in special affects the root of our training very much (which would be PC and BC muscles).

At least I feel it. Please try it: Bharadvajasana - Tonic for the Spine and Belly - YouTube Do you feel anything on the same muscles that move when you kegel and reverse kegel?

My knees are sensitive and since I can't do full lotus due to the not so flexible hip joints (if I said that correctly) i put too much stain on the knees (imporper way to do exercises such as this) so I avoid trying out exercises like this because i can injure my knees.

imac

Reaction score

I mainly felt this in my lower back and abs, also my thighs. I didn't feel much in my pelvic floor.

MarcusHa

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Maybe there are some connections between pelvic floor and hip or back muscles. I am quite not flexible.

Novajelqer

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Great info. Thank you all for sharing.

ThrowAway99

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Yeah, this is definitely a great stretch for -something-. I'm an extreme case, as you were looking for, and it definitely helped me isolate some kind of muscle that is used with my penis and ejaculation. I think.
Yesterday, I did two 5 minute segments, then a ~15 minute one. Used 2 pillows, only one folded. Considering using more next time, since today I wasn't terribly sore nor did I feel any of the side-effects of having a kegel muscle that was *too* stretched.

Laying down, it seemed to be vertically underneathe my pelvis bone. I thought that the muscles activated by kegels and RKs were supposed to be more around the taint/perinium area? Hence the 'floor' thing. These muscles weren't activated throughout my stretch to my knowledge. But if this isn't the case, fantastic!

Looking forward to more updates and more responses.

JoshLuvins

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
i have involuntary kegels! sign me up as a guinea pig :) gonna incorporate it on my workout days before i sleep haha

MarcusHa

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Try doing it everyday. If you notice anything on your lasting time when Edging, tell us!

JoshLuvins

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
i did them last night after my workout, not sure if my pc muscles were sore but it was definitely stretching something down there. I kind of lowered my legs and back close to the bed sort of pushing my groin area upward with the pillows, it was above the rest of my body and i held that for 10 minutes or so and it gave me a good stretch, im actually fairly sore in that region today

MarcusHa

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
i did them last night after my workout, not sure if my pc muscles were sore but it was definitely stretching something down there. I kind of lowered my legs and back close to the bed sort of pushing my groin area upward with the pillows, it was above the rest of my body and i held that for 10 minutes or so and it gave me a good stretch, im actually fairly sore in that region today

That's exactly how it should work. Your pelvic bone/penis is the highest part of your body and your feel somekind of stretch, giving you noticeable soreness that lasts for more than 15h.

What about todays edging?