Pelvic Floor Balance

imac

Retired Moderator, Member of the Month Nov 12, PE
Reaction score
PELVIC FLOOR BALANCE

Kegel to Reverse Kegel Balance/Unbalance

This occurs when there is too much high tone (tension) or too much low tone (weakness) of the pelvic floor muscles.

Too much high tone (tension) can lead to uncontrollable involuntary kegels leading to premature ejaculation.

Too much low tone (weakness) can lead to a complete lack of involuntary kegels leading to delayed ejaculation.

Involuntary Kegels/Spasms

First off involuntary kegels/spasms aren’t a bad thing that you’re trying to eliminate entirely.
They serve a purpose, that being to help you reach ejaculation/orgasm, to actually ejaculate and to expel urine from the urethra.

So the aim of developing a balance pelvic floor shouldn’t be to eliminate involuntary kegels altogether but to develop your muscles to a point where involuntary kegels don’t happen uncontrollably or when you don’t want them to.

When they do occur you should be able to easily suppress them if you choose to or let them happen if you want to reach orgasm/ejaculate.

Front/Back Balance

Having your pelvic floor muscles be out of balance doesn’t just mean having too much muscle tension (too much kegels) or muscle weakness (too much reverse kegels)

The unbalance can also be specific to a certain part of the pelvic floor. In that case you can do more isolated exercises to correct the imbalance.(front kegels, back kegels, front reverse kegels and back reverse kegels)

How to Identify an Unbalanced Pelvic Floor

• Premature ejaculation can be a symptom of too much tension in the pelvic floor.
  • Delayed ejaculation can happen when the pelvic floor muscles become too weak to contract.
  • Poor EQ can be a result of both weakness or too much tension
  • Loss of libido has being reported by some who have weakened their pelvic floor through too much reverse kegels and not enough kegels.
  • Uncontrollable involuntary kegels/spasms
  • Incontinence can occur when there is too much muscle weakness
  • Difficulty urinating and defecating can happen when the muscles are too tense this can happen together or separate if there’s a front/back balance issue.
  • Pain - consult a doctor.
  • Hard flaccid.

How to Identify a Balanced Pelvic Floor

• You’re able to maintain a natural neutral state.
  • You can stimulate yourself without having uncontrollable kegel spasms.
  • You can choose when to let involuntary kegels occur and any ones that do occur can be easily stopped if you so choose.
  • You can last as long as you want (assuming you don’t suffer from mental overstimulation)
  • High EQ
  • No incontinence
  • No difficulty urinating or defecating
  • Healthy libido
  • No pain or hard flaccid

How to Bring Your Pelvic Floor Into Balance

Tension

If you have a tense pelvic floor your main focus will be on a combo of pelvic stretches, massage, relaxation exercises and a reverse kegel focused kegel routine, say about 70:30 to 60:40 in favor of reverse kegels.
In some cases It may be beneficial to do only reverse kegels for a couple of weeks to a month before introducing kegels into your routine until your doing a balanced 50:50 routine.

Weakness

If the problem is weakness then you want to start with a kegel/reverse kegel routine of a ratio of 50:50 or 60:40 in favor of kegels as well as doing pelvic floor exercises that engage your whole core. That combined with pelvic stretches and relaxation exercises.

Kegels
Minutemans Kegel Master List (by Minuteman)
Reverse Kegels

Pelvic Stretches
The Pillow Stretch (by MarcusHa)
Massage

Meditative Reverse Kegels (This a great technique for guys with Pre e)
Pelvic Floor Core Exercise
Pelvic Floor Yoga (by Arkham)
Yoga Poses For Pelvic Floor Stretching (by MarcusHa)

Regardless whether you start from too much tension or too much muscle weakness the goal is the same, to create a healthy, strong and flexible pelvic floor.

Other Pelvic Floor Problems

More serious pelvic floor problems are things like CPPS (chronic pelvic pain syndrome) or PFD (pelvic floor dysfunction) or hard flaccid.

Now I’m no expert in these areas so I won’t comment on them, but instead just make you aware of them and provide a few links to more knowledgeable sources that you can read up on.

CPPS
PFD
Official hard flaccid recovery

I know there’s members here with a far greater knowledge of these problems than me so feel free to post your knowledge and insights on the subject.

I’m going to stop writing now because this has already turned out to be far longer than I intended when I sat down to write this, but if you feel I’ve overlooked something or missed something out then feel free to post and let me know.

Last edited:

Samurai

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Wasn't able to rep you imac(I need to rep others before I can rep you again) but I do appreciate your posts. You are talking about exactly what I need. I bookmarked this page.

arkham

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Wow I have never expect that my thread will becoma a part of something bigger :D Reps for you. Now time for lecure.

needingalift

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Thanks for that :)

I was told some years ago that I had a 'slight bladder imbalance' but never really understood what this meant. True, I had some problems with my urine flow and terminal dribbling which coincided with a loss of libido and very poor EQ, but at the time I thought these issues were totally unrelated ... perhaps they weren't, after all!

I must say that kegels have been a big help to me and I wish I'd discovered them much earlier!

Drummer19

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I get involuntary kegels that I cannot control but I don't have Premature Ejaculation anymore. However I seem to be the minority when it comes to this!

TheRockyRoad

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
Sir good day

I seem to have a problem regarding the reverse kegels. Since this thread is related somewhat, I thought I might ask a question. When trying to do reverse kegels I can't help but have the urge to urinate and my stomach contract as well. May I ask for your help on how to address this problem?

Padawan787

Moderator Reserve, PEGym Hero
Reaction score

imac

Reaction score
Sir good day

I seem to have a problem regarding the reverse kegels. Since this thread is related somewhat, I thought I might ask a question. When trying to do reverse kegels I can't help but have the urge to urinate and my stomach contract as well. May I ask for your help on how to address this problem?

If you're feeling the urge to urinate then you're pushing too hard and beyond your conditioning level and if you're feeling your abs engage that's OK as long as you're not straining.

For a more indepth view on reverse kegels you can click the link to my thread that Pady provided or the one in the OP.

Drummer19

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Wasn't able to rep you imac(I need to rep others before I can rep you again) but I do appreciate your posts. You are talking about exactly what I need. I bookmarked this page.

I couldn't add rep to you also, for the same reason! I haven't found another thread in a while worth so much rep! Great job on this thread imac!

needpehelp

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
This is a brilliant thread, I completly relate to it.. I have bad EQ at the moment, kinda have DE as I have had to force myself to cum lately (think its due to overdoing my RK's.. so i need to strengthen my kegals correct? I was thinking a 50:50 routine?

remek

Founder
Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Well Done !
Reaction score
imac - This is an excellent post. Many men often come to me with the issue of kegeling causing them to go sooner than before they were kegeling. As you can imagine, this leads to them skipping kegels all together (not the healthiest approach).

This post is an accumulation of many steps (e.g. https://www.pegym.com/forums/premature-ejaculation-forum/20080-pe-de-physical-cure.html) in this direction, and hopefully it'll help many men understand and thus overcome their kegel issues.

Pegasus

Administrator, PE Gym Editor, PEGym Hero; ,
Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
imac - This is an excellent post. Many men often come to me with the issue of kegeling causing them to go sooner than before they were kegeling. As you can imagine, this leads to them skipping kegels all together (not the healthiest approach).

This post is an accumulation of many steps (e.g. https://www.pegym.com/forums/premature-ejaculation-forum/20080-pe-de-physical-cure.html) in this direction, and hopefully it'll help many men understand and thus overcome their kegel issues.

Kudos from the site owner are rare and allways well deserved.

ninja_42

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score

It helped me understand kegels a lot more.
Although I feel that I'm in good health now, I think I'll soon implement a kegel regime again.

As others have said, awesome thread imac.
+1
:)

bautista19

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I've changed my routine to 1:2 ratio of kegel:rk. It's easy if I do a 10 second kegel, I follow it with a 20 second reverse kegel. I do random time periods, and I do it for 10-15 minutes about 3 days a week.

I do pulsing kegels, where if I hold it for 20 seconds, every 3 or 4 seconds or so I try to tighten it to a new level of contraction.

I have noticed a couple things.
1. I can piss ten times better. I think I was very tight down there, and even pissing at home was difficult. So it wasn't all bashful bladder.
2. I don't tense up in every day life like I used to.
3. My "distance" has improved. When I began working on my prem ej I was a low volume shooter from jerking off like 3 times a day. Then I cut back, and while my volume increased, I realized my weak PC couldn't do much with the increased flow rate, so I was a dribbler for a couple months. Now I have decent distance. I'm no Peter North though.
4. With the stronger PC = more contractions when I cum. My wife fucking loves this. It's a huge confidence boost for her.

A couple of other items though:
1. I still cannot forcefully apply an RK during sex or fleshlighting it up.
2. I will say though that I've noticed during sex just because a kegel happens, it doesn't have to persist and a kegel doesn't always mean I'm going to cum now.

Reactions: imac

imac

Reaction score
I've changed my routine to 1:2 ratio of kegel:rk. It's easy if I do a 10 second kegel, I follow it with a 20 second reverse kegel. I do random time periods, and I do it for 10-15 minutes about 3 days a week.

I do pulsing kegels, where if I hold it for 20 seconds, every 3 or 4 seconds or so I try to tighten it to a new level of contraction.

I have noticed a couple things.
1. I can piss ten times better. I think I was very tight down there, and even pissing at home was difficult. So it wasn't all bashful bladder.
2. I don't tense up in every day life like I used to.
3. My "distance" has improved. When I began working on my prem ej I was a low volume shooter from jerking off like 3 times a day. Then I cut back, and while my volume increased, I realized my weak PC couldn't do much with the increased flow rate, so I was a dribbler for a couple months. Now I have decent distance. I'm no Peter North though.
4. With the stronger PC = more contractions when I cum. My wife fucking loves this. It's a huge confidence boost for her.

A couple of other items though:
1. I still cannot forcefully apply an RK during sex or fleshlighting it up.
2. I will say though that I've noticed during sex just because a kegel happens, it doesn't have to persist and a kegel doesn't always mean I'm going to cum now.

Well done Bautista sounds like you're making good progress.

You might want to try THIS TECHNIQUE while edging or during sex, it doesn't require you to do forceful reverse kegels.

bautista19

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Well done Bautista sounds like you're making good progress.

You might want to try THIS TECHNIQUE while edging or during sex, it doesn't require you to do forceful reverse kegels.

Yes, I have looked at that before. I have attempted it in the past, but I could barely feel any kind of engagement so I didn't stick with it. Which necessitates I remind myself these exercises take time to be effective. My K/RK routine has been going on for months, and when I began I couldn't RK any longer than I could hold my breath.

Your technique looks very effective, especially it is done outside of sex, and obviously masturbation. I will begin doing this on my off days from my k/rk routine. I am looking forward to it.