Penis Size World Map

pudendal

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
This might have been posted somewhere already, but I found it interesting:

Penis Map Of The World Exposes Weenie Size In Each Country

Some of the stereotypes you'd expect are supported (Africa on the larger end of the scale, most of East Asia on the smaller side), but a couple things surprised me:

Central and South American countries seem to rival African countries in average size.

The USA at least needs to catch up with Canada and Europe!

Any other observations?

Last edited:
Reactions: LilNudeDude

LilNudeDude

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
OMG. Brilliant find! I have never seen this before.

Someone please sticky this thread! Close it. Highlight. Save it from being lost.

Is it possible anytime someone creates an Average, Big, Small, size related thread, it can point them here?!

This can stop the never ending debate of "average" and "What is big?"

No more redundant threads. Just look here. For the love of the gym, please don't let this disappear into forum land of lost threads.

ThinJohnny

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
There are a few facts about this map that sum up it's usefulness:

1)There was no attempt to normalize the data. For example, the study used for the USA is a study that measured NBPEL. The NBEL size in that study(Wessells) was a little over 5 inches - I think around 5.1 inches. The Germany study was BPEL, and the average was around 5.7 inches. By just looking at the map, you would think that the Germans are significantly bigger than the Americans. But they're not comparing apples to apples.

In the US study, they also measured the fat pads, and the average was a little over 1 inch. I'm approximating here, but it was something around 1.1 inches, if I remember correctly. I never read the study, so I don't know whether they measured the fat pads when the guys were flaccid or erect. For me, it makes a big difference. My fat pad always seems closer to 1 inch when flaccid and .5 inches when erect. So I don't know if you can just add the fat pad average to the NBPEL average to get BPEL, but regardless, the BPEL number for the Wessells study is definitely more than 5.1 inches. It's probably in the range of 5.6 - 6.2 inches. This means the guys in that American study were either right around the same size as the Germans, or maybe slightly larger.

2)Even beyond BPEL vs NBPEL, there is no mention of the rest of the methodology of the studies. Some of the studies were online surveys, I believe. There's no mention of whether the subjects were picked randomly or if there was self-selection. I've also come across several studies(outside of this map) that involved men with ED. I'm sure there are some of those on the map.

3) I couldn't find medical papers for any of the South American or African studies. If anyone has, please let me know. I would be interested in seeing them. I'm not doubting that the averages could be different in different countries, by the way. I think it's very possible. I just don't think this map has the answer.

If anyone can post a link to any of the studies on the map, please post. It would be be interesting to see how many of these are legitimate studies.

Reactions: GoingForGold

LilNudeDude

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
It is obviously not a perfect study. It's accuracy is definitely in question. Even the BEST studies done still come from a very limited sampling of the culture in question.

But, regardless, of it's shortcomings, the results are not far off from the accepted average range of 5.5 to 6.5, which would appear to be the worldwide average.

And it answers the question if you are 7+, YES, you are big!

ThinJohnny

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
It is obviously not a perfect study. It's accuracy is definitely in question. Even the BEST studies done still come from a very limited sampling of the culture in question.

But, regardless, of it's shortcomings, the results are not far off from the accepted average range of 5.5 to 6.5, which would appear to be the worldwide average.

And it answers the question if you are 7+, YES, you are big!

True, unless of course, those 7 inch averages are NBPEL, with a 1 inch fat pad average, like in Wessells:) I'm not saying that I believe that to be the case. It's just another example of how useless it is to compare these numbers without knowing the details.

Some of the countries with an average of 5 inches could be BPEL, and the countries with 7 inches could be NBPEL, with a 1 inch fat pad. So that would put the average BPEL range at 5 - 8 inches. Or the BPEL range could be 6 - 7 inches if you assume that the 5 inch average is NBPEL, with a 1 inch fat pad, and the 7 inch average is BPEL. That's a big difference.

Anyway, who cares. My point is that the map is basically useless, and aggravating. It would have been great if they did actually make an attempt at normalizing the data, and included only legitimate medical studies. I guess, if nothing else, it can be used as a repository of possibly interesting penis size studies, that you could pick through, in an attempt to find legitimate ones. Or I could just get a life:) I did do a little bit of picking through it a while back, and didn't find anything new, but I didn't spend much time on it.

MovingUp

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
mraverage.com is still the best for explaining penis size. that is a sad map put together with mistakes that could have been easily avoided

BoaConstrictor

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I think because of Americas diversity, it may need more PE'ers to catch up.

LilNudeDude

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I did find that rather amusing.

My first thought was, "Huffington post, it figures." LOL. They aren't afraid of anybody. They post whatever they feel like.

donjelqer76

Retired Moderator, PEGym Hero
Reaction score
This map has shown up here dozens of times. I'm not looking up the information yet again, but if I recall correctly a majority of the data came from reported claims on the internet, with very little coming from verified data. It was also shown to be published by a company with ties to penis enlargement sales.

LilNudeDude

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Well, that's no good.