Are Jelqs a length or girth exercise?

riceboy287

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
As the title says, are normal jelqs a length or girth exercise?

rbi99

Retired Mod, Member of the Month Nov 2017
Reaction score
You obviously haven't searched very hard, info on jelqing is all over the place. But to make your life a little easier, 95% of jelqing is for girth. Some claim lower erection levels will lead to some length, but then lower erection levels don't produce the same girth benefits.

Zibman

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I've read somewhere that the more erection level you jelq in the more gains go towards girth, and the lower erection level the more goes to length, I may be wrong but yet again, that's what I've read before.

But just to keep it clear, I've read that never jelq at 100% erection level, it leads to injury. So stay away from that.

riceboy287

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I only do jelqs like 30-40 of them. but i do 3 days on 1 day off. I've gained length, but lost some girth. Thats why I'm asking this. I've seen all over the forum about higher erection leads to more girth stimuli. I'm just kind of not sure I'm doing it right. I warm and lightly stretch before.

Revolved

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
May be just a loss of eq. Take a day or two off and see if that gets you back to what you were before.

riceboy287

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Dude I finally got my a length a little past 5.5 to almost 6.0. My girth as you said might be lost of eq. But Why are gains coming slowly for me, while all these dudes are getting raging hard giant cocks in a year. I've been doing for almost 5 months with not much difference what am I doing wrong. At first 4 months I did Jpops. But I have to do less because it worked worst for me if i did same amount.

SeemsLegit

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I've found a good warm up is very beneficial. Try to massage your penis (light squeezes up and down the shaft) while stretching, help loosen the ligaments.

I currently do 800 jelqs (400 per hand) and have barely gained girth, si I'd assume it's also good for length. I try to jelq at around 70% erection level.

Don't overdo it. There's a thread on PI's (Physical Indicators) that will tell you if you are or are not overdoing it. Sometimes less is more (less exercise, more gains). That's not to say you shouldn't push yourself to do more, just don't do what your body isn't ready for.

Bottom line from what I've read is jelqing should always be a part of your routine, no matter how advanced you are, so it must be beneficial to everybody in some way.

alan020

Member of the Month Jan 13
Well Done !
Reaction score
I know most people advocate that jelqs are for length but in my personal experienced I gained about an inch of length using jelqs and no girth, at a time where I did only jelqing and a bit of light stretches

rbi99

Reaction score
The guys who gain a ton in a short time are the exceptions, not the rule. Yes many get what are called newbies gains initially, I was one of those, but after my initial gains I needed over two years before I got a sudden increase over a few months time. Check out the sticky at the top of the Beginners Section regarding jelqing, there are many tips there that might help you.

Nachos87

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I think that it makes perfect sense that jelqs are for length. If streching is for length then jelqs should be too (or am I doing them the wrong way? lol). I haven't be doing anything besides all kinds of jelqs and the only thing I gained is length.

VIPER

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I find that once you are at the advanced level, jelqing becomes a great intermission between length and girth exercises. It helps get the blood flowing thus making the tissues mor pliable and ready for expansion. For beginners it is the best exercise as it helps to condition your penis whilst obtaining those first initial gains. I doubt that you will achieve multiple inches with jelqs alone as you will require more intense and specific exercises.

arkham

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I also noticed only length gains from jelqs, and I was jelqing around 70% erect. Maybe UJ will add some girth. And also 50 jelqs daily keep my new length away from geting smaller.

rbi99

Reaction score
I think that it makes perfect sense that jelqs are for length. If streching is for length then jelqs should be too (or am I doing them the wrong way? lol). I haven't be doing anything besides all kinds of jelqs and the only thing I gained is length.

No it doesn't make perfect sense. I use an extremely tight grip when I jelq, yet the amount of pull force generated from it doesn't even compare to the pulling force stretching exercises do. In addition, a jelq last for perhaps five seconds compared to the time one performs a stretching move lasting for 30 seconds to several minutes. If you aren't gaining girth from jelqing, your technique is incorrect, or the amount of jelqs or routines isn't sufficient. There are always exceptions, and perhaps you are one of those, but you are the exception then, not the rule.

Nachos87

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
No it doesn't make perfect sense. I use an extremely tight grip when I jelq, yet the amount of pull force generated from it doesn't even compare to the pulling force stretching exercises do. In addition, a jelq last for perhaps five seconds compared to the time one performs a stretching move lasting for 30 seconds to several minutes. If you aren't gaining girth from jelqing, your technique is incorrect, or the amount of jelqs or routines isn't sufficient. There are always exceptions, and perhaps you are one of those, but you are the exception then, not the rule.

I don't know, I'm doing them pretty forcefully. I'm a strong guy.
Will be looking to increase the duration of the exercise itself. Thanks for the info.

SeemsLegit

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
The guys who gain a ton in a short time are the exceptions, not the rule. Yes many get what are called newbies gains initially, I was one of those, but after my initial gains I needed over two years before I got a sudden increase over a few months time. Check out the sticky at the top of the Beginners Section regarding jelqing, there are many tips there that might help you.

How much is a noobie gain typically? If you gain fast, can a noobie gain be up to an inch? I hope all my gains aren't just a temporary thing and not true size increase.

Revolved

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Any gain is real. Stay consistent and more will come.

BigO

Administrator, PEGym Hero,"Woofer"
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
Dude I finally got my a length a little past 5.5 to almost 6.0. My girth as you said might be lost of eq. But Why are gains coming slowly for me, while all these dudes are getting raging hard giant cocks in a year. I've been doing for almost 5 months with not much difference what am I doing wrong. At first 4 months I did Jpops. But I have to do less because it worked worst for me if i did same amount.

Some are newbie gains and a great big percentage of huge gains are also guys that re full of sh*t. When a guy claims 1 1/2 inch in a month he s usually so caught up in size games that he starts to measure incorrectly and then there are some who make the honest mistake of not doing the first measurement correctly.

gaining is definately for real so just stick with it.

jrems

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
My newbie gains were pretty substantial, about 1" length and .25" girth in 6 months. The next 6 months I have stayed the same length with maybe a slight increase in girth though I haven't measured. I jelqed, kegeled, and stretched for my gains.

Reactions: SeemsLegit