Creep/Recovery/Trauma Theory

DryJelq

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
MY SUCCESS STORY AND WHAT WORKED FOR ME

I've done some form of PE since I was a teenager back in the early 2000s.

I really don't remember if I gained much as a teenager. Then I stopped doing PE for several years, came back to it in my early 20s and got nowhere. Mostly I would get impatient and frustrated, increase intensity and just cause injuries.

Then back in 2009 I did an almost exclusively length-based routine that had no advanced girth exercises and focused on very low intensity very long duration stretches. I would also supplement the routine with "poop pulls" and light stretching several times a day. Basically anytime I whipped it out I would do some stretching.

Over the course of 8 months I gained 3/4" in BPFSL.

Every other time I've made gains in length, I would have a similar routine and see growth in spirts over the course of a couple months. 0.1-0.2" here and there.

I never ever made length gains while doing any advanced girth routines such as squeezes, ulis, clamping, etc.

CREEP

In plastic materials as well as in many other materials including glass and metals close to melting point, there is a phenomena called creep. I'm sure everyone here knows about it. In plastic materials if you apply a force to a material, it will slowly deform in a linear fashion over time. Most people tell you that CREEP is a permanent deformation. However, that's not true.

RECOVERY

When the stress has caused creep over time and then that stress is removed, plastic materials go through what's called Recovery. Basically the reverse of creep. Plastic materials have some semblance of "memory" of their original shape and form. And the connective tissues in our body are essentially plastic materials.

TRAUMA

When your body thinks that it's injured, it releases hormones and chemicals in your body that cause connective tissues to contract. This is why a pulled muscle gets stuff or why after you try to pull your dick off, you turtle like a mofo.

DESIGNING A ROUTINE AROUND CREEP

After reading several medical papers on the stretching of ligaments, I found that the only way to length ligaments is by stretching for at least 20 seconds. After 20 seconds, significant creep will begin to occur.

What does this mean for your workouts? DURATION DURATION DURATION!

If you are stretching, hold that stretch in that singular direction for 20-30 seconds.

DESIGNING A ROUTINE AROUND RECOVERY

Just like what doctors and trainers tell you to do for your muscles, light stretches several times a day. Intense stretching only once every couple of days or maybe only once a week. The same goes for your dick.

For me and PE this started out as what used to be coined as "poop pulls". These were just supplemental stretches I would do. But when I gained the most, I would do these as often as 5-6 times a day. I'd do them in the shower, when I went to take a piss, before bed, when I woke up in the morning, etc.

DESIGNING A ROUTINE AROUND TRAUMA

The most important thing here is that you never overtrain and put your body into TRAUMA mode. Once you cause swelling you are not going to make anymore gains.

Sure intense workouts are good for gaining muscle, but have you ever seen a body builder that maintains his flexibility? Most people who hit the gym lose their flexibility and we want to do the opposite.

We are trying to stretch our dick. The key to that is never overdoing it. This means we shoot for conservative goals. I've found that swelling is most likely to happen when I try to stretch my dick as far as I can or when I try to get the most possible pump in my girth routine.

What you should do is stop focusing on how many reps and how big you get it and focus on how your dick feels during the routine. I no longer time my workouts, I just stop when even light stretches ache slightly. This tells me that my ligaments have experience significant creep and that my body doesn't want to go any further today.

Listen to your body. Your body knows best.

PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER

Stretches - Static stretches only, at least 20-30 sec per rep in a single direction. Very light intensity with more reps is the way to go. If you feel tingling, aching, etc. Your routine is over. Your body has reached its "trauma" limit.

If you want to edge, make a separate edging session. I've found that after stretching workouts that were borderline too intense, edging will push me over the top and cause turtling and trauma. It's best to wait until your ligaments have "recovered" enough so that you don't go into the "trauma" range of deformation.

Supplement your routine with "poop pulls" and frequent light stretching to limit the plastic recovery phenomena.

SOME EXPERIMENTAL GIRTH ROUTINES

While I personally have not had any success stories based on this theory, I'm proposing something now.

Jelqing - Make sure you are semi-erect. Go light and slow with your strokes. At least 3-5 second per stroke. Make sure that you grab with your second hand BEFORE you are finished with your first stroke. This will maintain constant force required to generate creep. Remember the 20-30 second rule with stretches. You want to achieve something as close to this as possible.

Semi-Erect Bends & Squeezes - The reason I'm proposing this is because it's an exercise that can focus on stretching the tunica circumferencewise, without causing a lot of pressure. It's also an exercise that can easily be held for an extended period of time.

EXTENDERS

I think the main reason these work so well is because it addresses the 3 main issues you face in a PE program.

1.) The best way to address creep is through long duration. Well you can't do any better than all day.
2.) The best way to combat recovery is to supplement light stretches throughout the day. The extender basically stretches you all day, so that's also ideal.
3.) You never undergo trauma wearing the extender because it's light intensity.

Reactions: Big Al

Pipeman

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Very interesting read.. thanks for the time it took you to put that together.. Glad I read it before I started really cranking on my unit.. I just started pe and I'm starting to find myself pull harder, squeeze harder.. you probably saved me from ripping it off soon.. Thanks again.

Big Al

Administrator, Editor, Male Enhancement Coach
Staff member
Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Reaction score
Website
www.maleenhancementcoach.com
Agreed- very interesting :)

The initial behavior of tissues is similar to substances like plastic, but unlike plastics, etc. (except perhaps for new, experimental materials) living tissue can remodel itself over time and adapt. This is the concept behind mechanical and biological creep.

Biological creep can be seen in most any effect where tissues are stretched and grown over time. Mechanical creep is more "sudden", and an extreme example [regarding penis enlargement] can be observed in incidents of "Megalophallus"

In addition to OP's post, there's an excellent article on this subject here: Penis Creep & Its Scientific Implications

Pegasus

Administrator, PE Gym Editor, PEGym Hero; ,
Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Hmm I had thought on this a bit . Most general body stretching is done in a relaxation format; that is they are not really trying for deformation. However the more extreame examples are; so gymnasts and dancers . What sort of routines do these athletes follow to cause ligament deformation ?

habban

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Nice reading :)

DryJelq

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Last edited:

Press On!

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
EXTENDERS

I think the main reason these work so well is because it addresses the 3 main issues you face in a PE program.

1.) The best way to address creep is through long duration. Well you can't do any better than all day.
2.) The best way to combat recovery is to supplement light stretches throughout the day. The extender basically stretches you all day, so that's also ideal.
3.) You never undergo trauma wearing the extender because it's light intensity.

Thanks for all the great info. I guess my question is:

Why bother with stretching at all when extenders/ADS do a better job of applying the light but consistent force that you believe is best for gaining length? I hope that dosn't sound like a snarky remark, I'm genuinely curious if an extender/ADS is the better way to go since my main short term goal is length over girth. Any comments would be appreciated.

DryJelq

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Personally I don't use extenders and have never used them, because you have to wear them a significant amount of time for them to work. We are talking like 8 hours a day. You would have to wear them under your clothes to work, which I would never do out of embarrassment.

Extenders just are not logistically viable for my lifestyle.

habban

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Personally I don't use extenders and have never used them, because you have to wear them a significant amount of time for them to work. We are talking like 8 hours a day. You would have to wear them under your clothes to work, which I would never do out of embarrassment.

Extenders just are not logistically viable for my lifestyle.

On top of that it feels faster with manual stretches, and they do their job, if not even better! ;)

jockinthebox

Retired Moderator, Member of the Month May 2015,
Reaction score
"Time under tension" is the mantra of penis enhancement, IMO. It's safer, more effective and results in better long-term gains that cement and become permanent. That's why hangers, extenders and particularly vac-extenders are scientifically proven successful. Deformation of tissues is best accomplished safely by applying stress over an extended time, holding that stress and establishing proper blood flow to the tissues will result in cellular division and net growth. Pumping and manual exercises will result in short-term engorgement of the tissues, but unless the tissues are induced regularly and for extended amounts of time, they tend to "creep" and return to their original size / configuration. Just my .02 worth here, gentlemen....

Big Al

Administrator, Editor, Male Enhancement Coach
Staff member
Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Reaction score
Website
www.maleenhancementcoach.com
TUT should be applied in a progressive fashion. Some extend for a few hours here and there with not much regard to total duration/intensity. Each session should be more challenging than the last, and this happens by using more time and/or tension each session.

lTortle

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
This post basically summarizes what I've independently discovered works best for me.

Nomanssland

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Can you clarify about the best way to jelq? You say remember the 20-30 second rule when jelqing but what do you mean by that? Jelq for only short a duration ?