Clamping before or after pumping?

EraStyle

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I'd like to hear some opinions on this. I am currently clamping before pumping. 3 sets, 10 min each. Then I finish with a 10 min pump in the Bathmate. Great expansion, but I had to Google the other way around, but can't really find much information.

Could there be benefits to clamp post pump? You'd be clamping with an even thicker penis, but would it mean anything in the long term? I obviously don't want to miss out on the gains if pumping, then clamping is better.

It's a bit more convenience to clamp before going into the shower. Using the bathmate before clamping, I'd have to get out of the shower, clamp, then go in again (to clean up, etc.).

Thoughts?

Big Al

Administrator, Editor, Male Enhancement Coach
Staff member
Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Reaction score
Website
www.maleenhancementcoach.com
It should be worth your time to clamp after you've pumped. This will help you to take maximum advantage of the temporary expansion induce by a thorough pumping session.

EraStyle

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
It should be worth your time to clamp after you've pumped. This will help you to take maximum advantage of the temporary expansion induce by a thorough pumping session.

It does make sense, but the maximum expansion induced by the 10 minutes pump (I get a pretty good pump), includes some fluid retention. I don't see how fluid retention could be of any benefits regarding the expansion while clamping?

As a side note, I actually tried this out for the first time today. Did my first part of the routine, 20 min jelq, 20 min stretching. Then instead of clamping, I did 10 min pump set, then went to do 3 sets of 10 min clamps. Although I didn't get the benefits of seeing all the veins on my penis while clamping as well as I usually do (due to the pump), I still got a good expansion. Post pump, my penis gets almost too hard, so the clamping didn't "feel" the same either.

What was surprising to me is that I am now left with those tiny spots around the penis. This has not happened to me previously with clamp -> pump, which to me, means that I did indeed manage to cause a bit more micro tears. Maybe this can be a way for me to gain girth?

Let me know, Big Al. This whole thing is just so confusing

Big Al

Staff member
Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Reaction score
Website
It does make sense, but the maximum expansion induced by the 10 minutes pump (I get a pretty good pump), includes some fluid retention. I don't see how fluid retention could be of any benefits regarding the expansion while clamping?

As long as it's not made too excessive by the use of the clamp you should be OK.

As a side note, I actually tried this out for the first time today. Did my first part of the routine, 20 min jelq, 20 min stretching. Then instead of clamping, I did 10 min pump set, then went to do 3 sets of 10 min clamps. Although I didn't get the benefits of seeing all the veins on my penis while clamping as well as I usually do (due to the pump), I still got a good expansion. Post pump, my penis gets almost too hard, so the clamping didn't "feel" the same either.

What was surprising to me is that I am now left with those tiny spots around the penis. This has not happened to me previously with clamp -> pump, which to me, means that I did indeed manage to cause a bit more micro tears. Maybe this can be a way for me to gain girth?

Let me know, Big Al. This whole thing is just so confusing

The pinpoint spots you mention are known as petechiae. They're tiny bruises, and as long as they're not greater than pinhead size and don't linger for more than 24 hours, you should be in a safe training zone as regards pressure and time. A longer warm down with applied massage and using topical arnica can help to speed healing.

Reactions: Marlon LGHanger

peforever

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I have done Both and believe specially bathmate before clamping makes for the best expansion. I used to do few sets one after the other so both clamp after pump and pump after clamp.

BigO

Administrator, PEGym Hero,"Woofer"
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
I prefer to clamp after. The key is to get your pumping to a place where you can get time in the tube at a pressure that will not create too much edema.

Edema kills gains so avoid it at all costs.

EraStyle

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
As long as it's not made too excessive by the use of the clamp you should be OK.

The pinpoint spots you mention are known as petechiae. They're tiny bruises, and as long as they're not greater than pinhead size and don't linger for more than 24 hours, you should be in a safe training zone as regards pressure and time. A longer warm down with applied massage and using topical arnica can help to speed healing.

Right, petechiae. I've had them before in the earlier days when I used to pump with the bathmate. They were gone the morning after. But I might use them as a hint that things can happen now with this "new" combination.

It's interesting having 3 different users in a row posting that they believe clamping after the pump might aid in better gains. I'm going to try clamping before pumping today, then pump and clamp day after tomorrow to see if I can manage to "produce" slight petechiae again, and if I get I don't get it from the clamp-pump. If it works for the 2nd time only with pump-clamp, I might just change my whole system up and do clamping after pumping as you guys recommend.

I have toyed with the idea of doing clamping and bathmate on separate days to get more intense clamping and more intense pumping sessions (will have more time to focus on each instead). But maybe this can wait until I don't see any results from the pump-clamp routine

Big Al

Staff member
Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Reaction score
Website
Your testing clamping before and then after pumping to see which gives you the best all-around feedback is the best solution. It shouldn't take too many sessions to see what works best for you.

Reactions: EraStyle

EraStyle

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
So let's say that clamping pre pumping means you expand and open up your veins more in the penis, pushing and allowing more more blood. You finish by pumping this.

While if you pump first, you expand mostly the exterior tissue, but also the interior, allowing you to clamp with a bigger pressure on the penis, is this correct?

Guys who are for pumping before clamping, what could the arguments be here?

Don't want to beat a dead horse here, but I manage to get said spots after an intense clamp - pump workout as well as repeating a pump-clamp today with the same experience. It seems like I am struggling to understand which one is the better even by testing myself.

Is it possible that they don't really differ much in terms of results in the long term?

Big Al

Staff member
Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Reaction score
Website
It would be easier to view it from the perspective that pumping is good for inducing erectile activity, while clamping is good for maintaining it- even after tissues would ordinarily give out.

Reactions: BigO