Announcement

Collapse

URLs/Links within posts or PM's

If the url/link is for monetized objects, sites, sites selling items, etc., it is not allowed.
We do have our site sponsors, who are allowed to utilize such.
Thank you.
See more
See less

rest or no rest with hanging?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rest or no rest with hanging?

I'm currently on a reconditioning phase after a few months off, PE'd 4 months and saw some gains, but had to take a break due to busy schedule (wish I hadnt now).
    I have always wanted to get into hanging. I have gone an ordered a Bib starter and plan to start as soon as I feel I am ready for it.

My question is: is it better to continue rest days like you would in a manual PE routine (5 day on 2 day off, 4 day on 3 day off...etc.)?

The reason I ask is because wouldn't rest days just help the ligs toughen and in turn make gaining length from hanging harder to achieve?

It seems like Bib recommends against rest days. I don't intentionally take rest days, but some times I travel or just feel like I need a day not hassling with it. I'm new though, but my understanding is everyday if you can with hanging -- you just adjust the weight and such to ride the fatigue.

The learning curve with the hanger is steep. So start with small and stay there and only add weight as you feel comfortable and safe and such...

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by paradoxfix View Post
      It seems like Bib recommends against rest days. I don't intentionally take rest days, but some times I travel or just feel like I need a day not hassling with it. I'm new though, but my understanding is everyday if you can with hanging -- you just adjust the weight and such to ride the fatigue.

The learning curve with the hanger is steep. So start with small and stay there and only add weight as you feel comfortable and safe and such...

Good luck!
      Thanks for the response. I think I will try at first no breaks with hanging when I start. Thanks for warning on the learning curve. I have tend to be careful and have yet to have an injury in my PE career. I may hold off on hanging for awhile till I see no more manual gains again; at the end of last summer I was at most 6.5" BPEL and for a good 2 months I saw no gains. Thats where I had to go into maintenance due to schedule.

Its been a little over a month since I started with another routine and I am surprised to report gains from just manual again; measured out of curiosity yesterday and came in at 6.75" BPEL. So I may take another month or two of manual and just read up on hanging as much as possible till then when the gains slow again.

Comment

Working...
      X