Should I stop pumping?

bambamm89

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
So, I've been pumping for a few months now and really appreciating the girth gains that I'm getting from my routine. However, I haven't been able to see any length gains. After doing some more reading and considering, I'm wanting to get into hanging and start using my Phallosan more as an ADS. With what I've read so far, I should focus solely on length instead of girth. Does this mean I should stop my pumping routine altogether? Or would it be best to focus on both simultaneously, but put more focus on the length gains? I'm looking to gain 2.5 - 3" in length, 1" in girth.

Icebear

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I never got any length from pumping. I heard some people using hydropumps got some lengthgains also. Pumping is most for girth.
I also heard it can be more difficult to gain length after gaining girth, but I don't have long enough experience.
Personally, I would go for length first if you have big problem with enough time. Because length training requires an enormous amount of effort, maybe 1000-1500 hours just for 1 Inch.

not2big

Senior Super Moderator, PEGym Hero
Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
I also never got any length gains from pumping, but gained over an inch of girth. If you don’t want to gain girth, you need not pump, but concentrate on length exercises.

JustALilMore

Senior Member, Member of the Month August 2020
Well Done !
Reaction score
I've heard the length before girth theory too. I'm only looking for 1" or so in length and girth so I'm going to do both. I have a heavy focus on girth exercises in my program (jelqs and pumping) and only one length (manual stretches).

cloudstrife1

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
maybe try pumping with flaccid dont go in with erection. maybe that wil target more length for you. Or pump more then ur erected length. If i pump 0.5/1cm past my erected lenght my penis is atleast 0.4cm longer for a couple of minutes when i am out of the pump.

Last edited:

Ultimate Burrito

Moderator, Member of the Month Oct 2017, PEGym He
Reaction score
It's fine to keep pumping. Pump after your stretches to help maximize effectiveness. Pumping could add length in theory but it does seem to work at a turtles pace. Best to just focus on manual stretches or device usage for length. Personally for me the length before girth theory has no sway. I'm about as thick as most would want to get and I'm still able to easily add length. More important than any exercise is consistency.

Physdoc

Retired Moderator, Member of the Month July 2019
Reaction score
From what I understand, pumping is not the first, or second choice, if you want to add length any time soon. Hard to tell without knowing your size, but if you're already close to normal girth, I'd suggest focusing on length first since your goal increase is so much greater than your girth goal increase. If you have time in your day to work on girth by pumping, go for it. I choose an extender for lengthening because data suggests it adds the least girth (not something I want to increase much, if at all). I've got almost a 1000 hours in on an extender and only increased girth 0.1-0.2" (however, this could be because I was already girthy, don't know). So, maybe a different style PE or device for lengthening may be better for you to work on your girth at the same time.

bambamm89

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
It's fine to keep pumping. Pump after your stretches to help maximize effectiveness. Pumping could add length in theory but it does seem to work at a turtles pace. Best to just focus on manual stretches or device usage for length. Personally for me the length before girth theory has no sway. I'm about as thick as most would want to get and I'm still able to easily add length. More important than any exercise is consistency.

I've read in a few different places that people suspect gaining girth makes it harder to gain length. My girth gains have been pretty good both flaccid and erect, so I'm wondering if my previous gains are going to work against me in the long run. I've been doing a few manual stretches, but not really seeing any results from it. I've been thinking about starting the JP90 routine and wearing the phallosan more, but I'm not sure if that would be overkill and work against me either.

Last edited:

tiritera

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I've read in a few different places that people suspect gaining girth makes it harder to gain length. My girth gains have been pretty good both flaccid and erect, so I'm wondering if my previous gains are going to work against me in the long run. I've been doing a few manual stretches, but not really seeing any results from it. I've been thinking about starting the JP90 routine and wearing the phallosan more, but I'm not sure if that would be overkill and work against me either.

i wouldn’t overlap different trainings, either you go with the Phallosan or you go manual. Maybe when you stall with Phallosan you can add stretching like s2s or start hanging

bambamm89

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
i wouldn’t overlap different trainings, either you go with the Phallosan or you go manual. Maybe when you stall with Phallosan you can add stretching like s2s or start hanging

Gains with the Phallosan alone are really slow. I understand the concept of not wanting to overtrain and that less in some situations means more, but personally, I think regardless of what device you use, to some extent you should still be doing manual stretches as well. One of the main reasons I do both is because the Phallosan simply can't give as strong of a pull as other types of extenders. That and once I've finished a manual routine or pumping, I want to prevent retracting as much as possible. This has helped me improve my natural flaccid size as well.

tiritera

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Gains with the Phallosan alone are really slow. I understand the concept of not wanting to overtrain and that less in some situations means more, but personally, I think regardless of what device you use, to some extent you should still be doing manual stretches as well. One of the main reasons I do both is because the Phallosan simply can't give as strong of a pull as other types of extenders. That and once I've finished a manual routine or pumping, I want to prevent retracting as much as possible. This has helped me improve my natural flaccid size as well.

I see your point, and I agree partially. In fact I suggested to add manual stretching once you reached a dead point with the ads. All PE is a very slow process, and trying to accelerate it may be counter productive. It would be interesting to have other opinions on this, Ultimate Burrito for example had good results with ADS before switching to manual, I dunno if he id a period of both at the same time. I've read also people who just used the ads, as you say, to prevent retracting, and it may be a good theory as well, but it's not exactly what they're made for.
We also have to consider that eveybody have a different feedback from different approaches: low tension high volume vs high tension - low volume, and there's also people who went for hight tension high volume, where the last is easily the worst one.
There are many example of people who gained a good amount of lenght and girth by using the ads only, as well as people who gained nothing (often because they rushed the process and added too much load too early).
At the same time is plenty of example of people who went only manual and reached their goals as well, other regardless of the exercice find hard to obtain any significant result.
So in the end is trying to find the better route for yourself, taking into consideration all the experiences coming form the others, but using this knowledge to build your own custom program.
Any other contribution is as always more than welcome.