Compression vs Vacuum hanging devices

penipro

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting into hanging but the skin on my glans is quite sensitive and I don't think it could withstand multiple pounds of force subjected upon it with a vacuum style hanging system. I already use a penimaster pro which my glans can tolerate at ~800 grams of pull for multiple hours, but I believe I'm reaching a point of diminishing returns (already logged 1000+ hrs), hence my interest in hanging with higher force. I've never used a compression style device before (i.e. like the bib, total man, or p-hanger). How do these compare with a vacuum system like the LG hanger for instance? Pros, cons? I imagine compression style systems may cause reduced blood flow distal to the site of compression, like a noose-style extender, so there's a higher risk of serious injury if one isn't paying close attention. Of the compression-style hanging systems, which one would you recommend? Or is the compression approach fundamentally flawed? Thanks!

Icebear

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Hi, I do not recommend compression hanger because I am sure it will stretch the skin more than necessary. You don't have that problem when using penimaster pro. If you can use penimaster pro without any problems, I would just continue with the penimaster pro. Maybe you can just use it a few hours a day at higher intensity for example 1000-1200 grams, then go back to 800 grams the rest of the day? If you manage to enter the chamber with only 1 pump, it is advantageous to avoid too high a vacuum. You can also do traditionnal stretching in all directions with the penimaster pro attached as a warm up for higher intensity.

If you are going to start hanging I would recommend the LG hanger which they make to your size. Personally, I use silistretcher 2 which I am quite happy with. Notice that it could have had a slightly better hold on glans, but that has to do with the fact that it is a universal product. I'm hanging 2kg right now, I do not think I can go up to 3kg. Simply because the chamber is a little too big for me. There is never a problem with the hold from 1000-1500 grams and I can use it as ADS afterwards and then it is very comfortable.

I use micropore tape from 3m to protect the penis head. I cover the entire head, especially exposed areas are the top and back of the head. You can consider using 3m double layer tape on exposed areas. It is very easy to apply and is removed with lukewarm water afterwards. I am considering upgrading to the LG hanger eventually, but the price made me go for a slightly cheaper option.

I have never tried a compression hanger. Cons I know about: you have to restore blood circulation every 20 minuttes. Some people do jelqing between sets. it will stretch the skin also, I don't think vacum hangers create so much extra skin.
I think people use P-hanger and bib hanger. Bib hanger says on their website: You must be over six inches in length, and must be over 5 inches in girth in order to use the regular effectively.

Sbik

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
Vac and compression both have pros and cons.

vac = The LG is great for longer time under tension and it can be used for heavy hanging but even with perfect wrapping I think it’s a gamble every time. I have went months at a time without a blister hanging 10-15lbs for hours then can hang for 30mins then boom blister. Been using vac hangers for 10+ years and have taping down to an art form but the risk is always there then 2-4 weeks off if it happens. The LG is an awesome hanger though.

compression = the bib for me was extremely frustrating and I dealt with allot of pain to begin with and being uncut it was hard to master, once I got the settings right (after a long time) it’s unbeatable for me, I can use high weight, it’s so quick to get on and off and since getting it right I have never had an issue. The downside is the time limit of 20mins but to be honest I only need 5 mins between sets so really an hours hanging only takes an extra 10-15 mins.

Icebear

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Good with answers from someone who is experienced in the field.
Will you not get lots of extra skin features by using a compression hanger? 10-15 lbs sounds very heavy. Then I understand that you can get blisters. I only use 4.4 lbs maximum, but I only have 50 hanging sessions so far. How heavy do you have to hang before you start to see results? How much have you grown in 10 years?

I have heard that you can take a longer break from time to time and start over with lighter weights. But only maintain the result one has achieved. Then build up again from light weights to heavy weights and get more results.

Marlon LGHanger

banned
Well Done !
Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting into hanging but the skin on my glans is quite sensitive and I don't think it could withstand multiple pounds of force subjected upon it with a vacuum style hanging system. I already use a penimaster pro which my glans can tolerate at ~800 grams of pull for multiple hours, but I believe I'm reaching a point of diminishing returns (already logged 1000+ hrs), hence my interest in hanging with higher force. I've never used a compression style device before (i.e. like the bib, total man, or p-hanger). How do these compare with a vacuum system like the LG hanger for instance? Pros, cons? I imagine compression style systems may cause reduced blood flow distal to the site of compression, like a noose-style extender, so there's a higher risk of serious injury if one isn't paying close attention. Of the compression-style hanging systems, which one would you recommend? Or is the compression approach fundamentally flawed? Thanks!

I've talked about the pro's & con's of each type of device and the systems themselves probably more than anyone on this forum. I've gotten into hot water for it, so I want to be as careful as possible with my explanation.
I like to break things down by listing positive attributes and negative traits.

Compression clamps have a very steep learning curve and come with a variety of negative traits. That being said there are still guys who use them and get results. I believe they are a small minority within the PE community.

Because they clamp onto your penis they cut off circulation, which is why the wear time is very limited. Having personally tested one for a couple weeks I can attest to the uncomfortable feeling. I started with 3 lbs for 15 minutes and was literally gritting my teeth while watching the clock. I don't think I'm alone on that, as I hear and read plenty of men sharing the same experience. I don't know about you, but I'm not into pain, I want my PE experience to be enjoyable and not view it as a masochistic chore.

The other negative traits are excessive skin stretch, potential nerve damage and ED for a significant period of time.

So what about vacuum based hanging devices? There's positives and negatives with them too. However vacuum hanging is very comfortable provided you have a properly fitting chamber. Vacuum hanging also allows you to have a much longer hang session, which if done with the correct amount of weight will yield fatigue that produces growth. Because you can hang for a longer duration you don't have to do multiple sets, and the need to go continually heavier can be avoided.

The one big negative side effect is the potential blister. Anyone who's had a nasty blister will tell they're no fun. They take time to heal up from and they will re-occur if you don't learn from your mistakes and recognize the warning sign. The good news is they are completely avoidable. So what are the mistakes that will cause a blister? The main one is not allowing yourself time to build tissue conditioning. Nobody gets a sun tan the first day of summer, it takes time for your skin to become conditioned to daily exposure. Same holds true with your hands, if you're a desk jockey and decide to chop down that tree in your backyard this weekend, you'll have blisters on your palms when your done. Your hands are not conditioned for that work load.

To prevent blisters don't start with too much weight! This isn't a contest, so I recommend no more than 3 lbs. and no more than one hour hang time.
Use a system that has a hand pump with vacuum gauge. These vacuum based devices that utilize bulb, mouth or one of those siphon type plungers to extract the vacuum often lead to using way too much vacuum. This is another cause that will promote a blister. Knowing how much vacuum is appropriate to use is essential to having trouble free & enjoyable hang sessions. The last blister prevention recommendation is to tune into the red flag warning that one is about to form. The warning signal is a tingly / itchy sensation on the tip of your penis. It can be somewhat subtle if you're distracted or not paying attention. But once you learn to recognize it and stop your hang session immediately you'll never get another blister.

Motor23

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
i want to get the LG hanger as well i been hanging with the total man hanger for 4 months and at 12.5lb now but its not enjoyable times now with those weights i definitely gets lots of skin stretch which makes now the hanger slide during sets into the glans even if i put it right at the base it becoming impossible to do longer then 3 sets now so I'm thinking to move to the LG HANGER BUT IM TERRIFIED OF BLISTERS anyone has a good idea of how to avoid them? i heard of padding the chamber with soft cloth

Physdoc

Retired Moderator, Member of the Month July 2019
Reaction score

I don't have the experience to compare different hanging devices as I don't hang. But I do use a penimaster pro, like you. Since you like the PMP glans attachment, have you considered just buying the weight hanging accessory for it?

Sonny747

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
LG Hanger is awesome... SO many uses. Very comfortable. It's honestly worth every penny. I have it on as an ADS right now. Tonight I'll hang 7.5 pounds for an hour or so. If I'm hanging under 5 pounds I really don't even have to use the vacuum function.

For heavier weights I think a person needs to tape the glans. i just bought a toe cap. I'll see if that helps because I'd like to get up to ten pounds.

I think you will be fine with the LG and fall in love with it.

penipro

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
@Physdoc, I don't think the penimaster pro would work well for heavier weights due to the fact that it attaches only to the glans whereas a system like the LG hanger has a sleeve to distribute the gripping force to the shaft in addition to the glans. But I still believe the vacuum force would be too much for my sensitive glans even with the LG hanger, hence why I've been looking into compression hanging systems.

Marlon LGHanger

banned
Well Done !
Reaction score
i want to get the LG hanger as well i been hanging with the total man hanger for 4 months and at 12.5lb now but its not enjoyable times now with those weights i definitely gets lots of skin stretch which makes now the hanger slide during sets into the glans even if i put it right at the base it becoming impossible to do longer then 3 sets now so I'm thinking to move to the LG HANGER BUT IM TERRIFIED OF BLISTERS anyone has a good idea of how to avoid them? i heard of padding the chamber with soft cloth

Blisters are completely avoidable. Attached is an article I wrote that's on our blog - "Blisters how to avoid them and what to do if you get one"

Check it out....
L.G. Hanger, LLC: Search results for blisters