HELP- pain at base of penis- suspensory ligament???

gsterfan05

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
I recently had surgery to correct bilateral varicoceles (Nov. 12) & according to my urologist this past Wed, I am "healing nicely" and "pretty much exactly where I should be" 2+ weeks after the operation.

However, when I become erect & try to masturbate, there is distinct pain on the left side of the base of my penis. It does seem to be getting better (felt like a very hard vein under the skin) but the pain is still such that if I try to hold my penis vertically during masturbation, it aggravates whatever this is under the skin.

Is this a bruised suspensory ligament or something? Anything I should be worried about? I did mention this to my urologist & he didn't seem particularly concerned.

Just wondering if any of you have had this happen. Thanks in advance.

PESG

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I'm not a urologist so his opinion is the one you should be taking. I would advise putting some heat on 3 times daily for a week and see what happens.

gsterfan05

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll do that. Also thinking about taking an anti-inflammatory like Motrin.

I've never had surgery of any kind before, so this whole experience is new to me. I have no idea what's normal, as far as recovery goes.

gsterfan05

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
I should also clarify, it's not actually my penis, it's right above my penis, like more in the pelvic area & when I try to masturbate, the pain radiates into my penis.

Last edited:

PEkid

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Pesg is right. Also alternate between heat and cold wraps and anti inflammatory meds help too like advil 200 mg once a day. And massaging helps too even tho we jerk the sh*t out of our dicks it stil needs love and affection.