Power of Mind

PESG

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Attitude is everything.

When I discovered that I had cancer, my life was turned upside down in a matter of seconds. Instantly, a shroud of negativity clouded my head. Inundated with packets of information on the terrible disease, I was simply in awe that this could happen to me. Why did this happen to me? What did I do wrong? I started thinking about death because I was convinced that this was the end of my short road in life. This happened all in a matter of minutes as I sat there listening to my doctor babble on about treatment options and curability rates. I tried to pay attention but I couldn’t. As I was getting up to leave his office, he left me with one more bit of advice before our next appointment. He stopped me, put his hand on my shoulder, and said “Aaron, don’t let it control your life.” That didn’t sink in.

It’s amazing how quickly the mind can work against you. After only a few short moments, I started feeling sick - literally, sick to my stomach. I had a headache, and I was out of breath. Yes I was shocked, but I was also slowly but surely convincing myself that I was very sick. An hour ago I had been fine.

I wallowed around in my grief for days. As each day passed, I became more and more ill, not because of my illness, but because of my mind. My dumb big head now had control. There were days where I could hardly walk. Cancer doesn’t do that to you, not in the early stages of where I was at. But your mind – oh yes, she can do it you. It was weeks after the news when I realized that best treatment had already been given to me. “Don’t let it control your life.” I had already let that happen, even before medical treatment had even started.

How does this relate to PE? What’s the moral in all this rambling? It’s simple: negativity can ruin anything, even your life, literally. I was able to witness first hand how quickly negative thinking can make you downright physically ill in a matter of minutes. Other than unadulterated stupidity, negative thinking might be the single most popular reason why people fail. This applies to all aspects of life; everything you do and everything you want to do.

When life throws you a curveball just remember one thing: it’s just another pitch. Square up and hit it out of the park.

LookAlive

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
What a great post PESG. I'm sorry about the way you discovered this lesson but it's a great lesson to take on board.

Rep point and a big pat on the back!

Thanks! I wish you the best of luck with your future!

PhibbysHammer

Well Done !
Reaction score
When someone can take something so terrible, so negative and so traumatic to themselves and turn it into something positive for others, and even at times for themselves, it is truly a testament to their character and inner strength. I hope that everyone reads this and learns a great life's lesson. It is a very generous and caring gesture that you could share such intimate details with us in what I'm sure are your hopes of helping others. Thanks for the great post and the wonderful insight PESG and Keep Swinging for the Bleachers!!

JonPop

Retired Sr. Administrator , PEGym Hero
Reaction score
Man, Aaron, you've shown us all a lot of courage. Please let us know the treatment option you decide and the curability chances. You know you are in our thoughts and prayers.

bodeen

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Way to go, you are so right. Life is full of ups and downs, how you deal with those is how far you will go in life. I wish you all the best.

jayhawk11

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
You're a real true testament to the power of the mind and more specifically, the power of belief. Belief and attitude really do change everything, and once you really harness your true power, the possibilities are truly endless. Best of luck Aaron, please keep us posted.

pe_ZEN

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Well said PESG - wishing you health and happiness

the same applies to your penis! Having negative thoughts about him may slow growth and decrease performance (as I have experienced personally). That's why I take REALLY good care of him and constantly offer him reassuring positive thoughts. Repeat over and over in your head and out loud daily:

"my dick is growing. My dick IS GROWING!!!" soon it will sink in your subconscious and your system will respond accordingly

PESG

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I'm actually doing very well as far as my treatment goes. The type of cancer that I have (Papillary Thyroid Cancer) is very treatable. I had a thyroidectomy 4 weeks ago in which my thyroid was removed. I'm now undergoing a series of radioactive treatments in which iodine is used to kill the cancer cells. But I'm nearly done as my cancer was caught extremely early and virtually no spreading had occurred. Other than having to take thyroid hormones for the rest of my life, I'm looking at living a very normal and healthy life. Naturally, I'll have to be checked every 3 months, but my longterm prognosis has been 100% good.

I really appreciate all of the wonderful comments that I have received, both in this thread and in PM's. You guys are truly awesome which is why I was so comfortable sharing my experience with you. My ultimate concern here is that everyone that reads this will get a good understanding of how powerful the mind is. Negative thinking will lead you down a road that is full of pain, suffering, and ultimately failure.

Attitude is truly everything.

PESG

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
5 Good Reasons to Have a Positive Attitude

1. Your relationships are fuller, more harmonious, and more beneficial. Even if you have a great attitude already, with every improvement you make in your attitude, you'll have fewer troubles. The better your attitude, the easier it is to resolve conflicts.

2. Your health is better. Vast reams of ever-accumulating research show that negative emotions of all kinds are detrimental to your long-term health and that positive emotions are positively beneficial for your body and mind.

3. You will make more money. People are hired and promoted as much for their attitudes as for their skill and knowledge.

4. You make better decisions. Studies show that people are more creative and better able to reason in a good mood than in a bad mood.

5. You will feel happier more often.

How and why to have a better attitude. (article)

Reactions: kingpole

kingpole

Retired Moderator, PEGym Hero
Reaction score
Bravo PESG. peoeple don't realize that negative feelings in itself can cause illness. You can expect your boners to be even stiffer on thyroi hormone replacement. I have been using thyroid for over 15 years now for hypothyroidism.

Pegasus

Administrator, PE Gym Editor, PEGym Hero; ,
Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Great thread PESG.

scythe

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
it is difficult to have a positive attitude when the people around you are trying to pull you down...thats the biggest challenge, to rise above them and push ahead.
Everyone used to tell me that "I can't", even my parents...but then I found one person who told me that I could do anything...and I've never been happier than I am today.
I didnt think I had any hope at first....18, overweight, below average penis, family issues, etc...
But I realized something...I have the ability to change all that. I am my own destiny and it is nothing but what I can make of it.
and thats exactly what I'm doing now - TAKING CHARGE of my Mind and my Body.

RockofFox

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Great post PESG. I give you my best wishes and certainly hope you make a full recovery.

Your very right about the mind. I saw a psychologist a few years ago. Best thing I ever did. He told me it was completely my choice that I experienced bad anxiety and showed me how. So very true.

Recognising how the mind can be used in both a positive and negative way is one of the greatest learning experiences that a person can have.

Pegasus

Administrator, PE Gym Editor, PEGym Hero; ,
Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Good posts scythe and rocky.

scythe

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Great post PESG. I give you my best wishes and certainly hope you make a full recovery.

Your very right about the mind. I saw a psychologist a few years ago. Best thing I ever did. He told me it was completely my choice that I experienced bad anxiety and showed me how. So very true.

Recognising how the mind can be used in both a positive and negative way is one of the greatest learning experiences that a person can have.

exactly, rocky.
Thats why I think PE should be done when one is completely relaxed and free from mental agitation and anxiety..
I mean there's no point tugging my member when I'm down in the dumps or pissed of about something.
When you PE, think PE, eat PE and feel PE.(Sounds so messed up). Mind over matter.
Every man has the ability to enlarge his penis. He just has to believe in it and do it, its that simple!

C.Phantasy

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Great thread brother!

I would like to recommend the book "Psycho Cybernetics" for you to read.It will show you why your mind has the power of the universe.
Attitude is not something to discard as BS,it changes how you interpret EVERYTHING. In the same way Testosterone does.

Good luck in the combat against Cancer,we are here for you.

Ps.Search for information regarding H2O2 Or Deca Durabol.

jayhawk11

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Reactions: PESG

maleenhancement

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
great post!!! good luck and your absolutely right.

The world and everything in it (us humans too) .. are nothing but pure matter, which is pure science. Attitude towards everything can make or break you as a person.

Good luck with your treatments!!

Betterman

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score

The videos remind me of Aldous Huxley Speech of 1962 at Berkeley. He speaks of a Scientific Dictatorship. I've always been leary of Society being indoctrined with idealogy that the Human Body is a "machine". I find Humanity much more complex than that, and having 3 Conscience parts - The Spirit, The Mind, The Body. This would explain how the cells have a "knowing" of generation or a rejection of cells. Although, as with all knowledge, it can be manipulated of what is acceptable and unacceptable. In a single word I guess "Conformity" would best describe it or quite possibly "Assimulation". From this point of view, I expect Synthetic Biology will always be "Mechanical" in form, presenting a large stumbling block for Science. They don't address the Life question. I would be curious to see a Cloned Human, and what behaviour would it/he/she portray long term. Would there be a likeness or completely different behaviour?

http://www.cuttingthroughthematrix....--The_Ultimate_Revolution--Berkeley_Part1.mp3 - Speech Body

http://www.cuttingthroughthematrix....--The_Ultimate_Revolution--Berkeley_Part2.mp3 - Question and Answers Session

I do try to view things in it's simplest form, but a "machine" is just too simple of an answer for me.

Due to "improvements" to the Human Body. Is it possible to destroy Humanity at a genetic level? In a sense, destroying the Spirit of Humanity, leaving just the Mind and Body.

Last edited:
Reactions: jayhawk11

socom

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
Thanks for tanking the time out to post your personal like that. You are right. Negative thinking can make you fail at anything. Best of luck to you and may God bless you my friend.