Elden Ring Hype?

Ultimate Burrito

Moderator, Member of the Month Oct 2017, PEGym He
Reaction score
As The Gym says "anything goes" here :mosking:

Any of you pud pullers a fan of the Dark Souls series and excited about Elden Ring coming out in January?

Dreadsteed

Senior Member, Member of the Month March 2022
Well Done !
Reaction score
Elden Ring is going to be insanity. Idk if you've seen leaks or trailers but it looks beyond what my expectations even were for it :eek: Been looking forward to it for ages and it actually looks like it could come out very polished, which will be a nice change from recent game releases. Looks like they took all the good things they learned in the souls series and brought it forward into one game.

Ultimate Burrito

Reaction score
Elden Ring is going to be insanity. Idk if you've seen leaks or trailers but it looks beyond what my expectations even were for it :eek: Been looking forward to it for ages and it actually looks like it could come out very polished, which will be a nice change from recent game releases. Looks like they took all the good things they learned in the souls series and brought it forward into one game.

I agree that it looks really awesome. It seems that they have taken elements from all the Souls games (like jumping and stealth) and combined it into one. I'm a huge fan of Dark Souls 1 and 3 and do a lot of PVP. From the videos I've seen, lets just say I hope the network test is not a reflection of the final release. No more combos, it seems like its more of a game of tag, one hit and dodge. I got major Breath of the Wild vibes from the game as well. I enjoyed watching the open network test videos from ChasetheBro, Prod, Lost and Oroboro.

Dreadsteed

Well Done !
Reaction score
I agree that it looks really awesome. It seems that they have taken elements from all the Souls games (like jumping and stealth) and combined it into one. I'm a huge fan of Dark Souls 1 and 3 and do a lot of PVP. From the videos I've seen, lets just say I hope the network test is not a reflection of the final release. No more combos, it seems like its more of a game of tag, one hit and dodge. I got major Breath of the Wild vibes from the game as well. I enjoyed watching the open network test videos from ChasetheBro, Prod, Lost and Oroboro.

Their new map system looks neat, with being able to place your own markers for things like going back to places to farm crafting materials. I wonder how deep the crafting system will be, or if it's gonna be kinda shallow. I'm in a guild that all loves the DS series so we played a lot. A lot of people say they liked DS2 pvp the best, but I had a pyro/strength lava great axe build in DS3 that was my favorite personally. I'll have to watch some chasethebro vids since I haven't seen much of their network tests. Haven't seen much beyond the trailers. With how many builds we're gonna have in the game I just hope they've done their due pvp testing. I gotta say just the movement and game world look so polished.

Ultimate Burrito

Reaction score
So my brother is a streamer on Twitch and is going to be traveling the country for about a year. He is leaving his gaming computer with me and told me he'd give me a good deal on it if I wanted to keep it. I'm pretty stoked because now I'll get to experience the game with the best graphics and frame rate. Already, playing DS3 on the PC vs Xbox One is a HUGE difference. It was a nice way to end this year.

Dreadsteed

Well Done !
Reaction score
Hell yeah, got to love an upgrade! I just upgraded my whole rig as well about two weeks ago. Feels like going from the Industrial Age into the Space Age in game performance. If you’re noticing that big a difference in DS3 just wait until you play a newer game that is optimized to really push the limits of the newer CPU’s and GPU’s. :eek: Have you played Ghost of Tsushima? That is game where I bet you’d probably have a crazy jump in environmental detail going from Xbox to a high-end PC. Just playing some Apex Legends on the new gear is a huge difference. Some games aren’t optimized for the newer cards though, like Destiny 2 probably wouldn’t change much from Xbox performance. From the looks of it, Elden Ring’s environment is gonna be absolutely gorgeous on high-end specs. I’m currently doing a DS2 run with a friend and me and her are trying to get both illusory rings, and the game runs like butter. Unfortunately my internet is terrible in the place I’m currently staying at. Gonna get lag-stabbed to death when ER comes out, I can already see it.

Dreadsteed

Well Done !
Reaction score
The GTX 1080 was a really good card, I loved mine. It was a big performance jump from previous cards. That pc got toasted in a power surge so I had to drop down to an i5 with a 1060 for a few years. Got myself an Uninterruptable Power Supply unit after that fiasco... As long as you don't have like a crazy ultrawide monitor or try to play at a massive resolution an i7 and GTX 1080 should be really solid for ER.