popping noise when jelqing

jackspain

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I noticed that recently, when i jelq, i get a 'popping' feeling at the base of the penis

The pop can happen on each stroke and usually happens when i jelq at certain angles and very close to the base.

Is this normal? anything to worry about?

MrB8

Senior Member, Member of the Month Nov 2013
Well Done !
Reaction score

jockinthebox

Retired Moderator, Member of the Month May 2015,
Reaction score
I gotta believe that lig pops on every stroke of a jelq is noT a good thing. An occasional? OK, but try To lighten your tug and/or din't use such an extreme angle. I jelq either straight down or straight out and have never experienced a lig pop. Stretches and bundled stretches or LAS that's directed at ligs at different angles should be when lig pops occur, IMO. ARE YOU JELQING AT EXTREME ANGLES? If so, I think you should stop that.

jackspain

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I gotta believe that lig pops on every stroke of a jelq is noT a good thing. An occasional? OK, but try To lighten your tug and/or din't use such an extreme angle. I jelq either straight down or straight out and have never experienced a lig pop. Stretches and bundled stretches or LAS that's directed at ligs at different angles should be when lig pops occur, IMO. ARE YOU JELQING AT EXTREME ANGLES? If so, I think you should stop that.

when i jelq, i switch it between straight out, downwards and upwards. i experience the pop when i jelq upwards towards belly and downwards at like a 45 degree angle. is this something to worrya bout?

I should note that im not sure if what i am experiencing is actually lig pops though

jockinthebox

Reaction score
Is there any pain when you pop? If not, then it's likely a lig pop I would think. What sort of warmup are you doing? If you're not warming up at least 10-15 mins (I use a heating pad), then try and see if that might prevent them. If they continue, then I would only jelq straight out if I were you, since you said you don't experience them in that position. I would think continuing to have them excessively will result in stretched ligs, poor EQ, and could lead to hard flaccid issues potentially. No 2 guys are built exactly the same, so adjust your routine as necessary for your body and always err on the side of safety.

jackspain

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Is there any pain when you pop? If not, then it's likely a lig pop I would think. What sort of warmup are you doing? If you're not warming up at least 10-15 mins (I use a heating pad), then try and see if that might prevent them. If they continue, then I would only jelq straight out if I were you, since you said you don't experience them in that position. I would think continuing to have them excessively will result in stretched ligs, poor EQ, and could lead to hard flaccid issues potentially. No 2 guys are built exactly the same, so adjust your routine as necessary for your body and always err on the side of safety.

Ok so you basically recommend to play it safe by avoiding those pops? There is no pain when the pop happens sorta feels like how it feels when you pull on a finger to make a knuckle crack...

jockinthebox

Reaction score
Yeah, Jack that's exactly like a lig pop. Try warming up more and see if that helps. I understand the pop you get jelqing down at 45 degrees, but the belly angled jelq causing a lig pop is strange, unless it's at an angle; then it could be your right or left side ligs poping, I'd guess...donno? I'd just recommend you avoid them excessively, and jelq accordingly. Hope i've been some help.

jackspain

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Thanks for your help sir. I just put some more thought into it and wanted to throw out these two details in case they change symptom im having:
- no noise when the pop happens, more like a rumble felt
- i noticed that the pop can also happen at mid shaft when jelqing straight out.
- i'm wondering if this could actually just be a vein or something that I am moving which causes the pop? (I do not jelq with high intensity at all)

jackspain

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
can anyone else share their experiences?

jockinthebox

Reaction score
Thanks for your help sir. I just put some more thought into it and wanted to throw out these two details in case they change symptom im having:
- no noise when the pop happens, more like a rumble felt
- i noticed that the pop can also happen at mid shaft when jelqing straight out.
- i'm wondering if this could actually just be a vein or something that I am moving which causes the pop? (I do not jelq with high intensity at all)

Sorry Jack, I didn't see your post from 2 days ago 'til now. i have a few questions for you: Does the pop occur at the base of your shaft near your pelvic bone? Also, is your full erection at around 10 o'clock or more? Are you jelqing when fully erect, or in the 50-60% range? You say you have a pop at mid-shaft, so is the pop AT your mid-shaft or thats just where your jelk hand is when it occurs near the base of you shaft?

Please clarify, so I can help you get to the bottom of this.

jackspain

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Sorry Jack, I didn't see your post from 2 days ago 'til now. i have a few questions for you: Does the pop occur at the base of your shaft near your pelvic bone? Also, is your full erection at around 10 o'clock or more? Are you jelqing when fully erect, or in the 50-60% range? You say you have a pop at mid-shaft, so is the pop AT your mid-shaft or thats just where your jelk hand is when it occurs near the base of you shaft?

Please clarify, so I can help you get to the bottom of this.

No worries man, just glad you can give your input. To answer your questions:
1) Does the pop occur at the base of your shaft near your pelvic bone?
- yes the feeling happens mostly at the base
2) Is your full erection at around 10 o'clock or more?
- my full erection is at atlmost 10 if fully hard. id say between 9 and 10.
3) Are you jelqing when fully erect, or in the 50-60% range
i do not jelq when fully erect. i should note that the pop doesnt happen when jelqing with high erection levels. it usually happens when my erection is soft enough that i can squeeze the base and feel little girth (stretchy). so as i jelq more blood into the mid/upper shaft, the base becomes less engorged and i then begin to feel the pop
4) You say you have a pop at mid-shaft, so is the pop AT your mid-shaft or thats just where your jelk hand is when it occurs near the base of you shaft?
- once my hand reaches the mid shaft, that is when i feel the pop at midshaft. When i jelq starting from the base, i feel the pop then too at the base. So, it happens when my jelqing hand is at that point. I should note that the pops usually happen only with my left hand, especially at midshaft

closed224

Senior Member, Member of the Month Dec 2014, Feb
Well Done !
Reaction score
Can you feel the pop only on the inside, or does your base hand feel the pop also?

jockinthebox

Reaction score
No worries man, just glad you can give your input. To answer your questions:
1) Does the pop occur at the base of your shaft near your pelvic bone?
- yes the feeling happens mostly at the base
2) Is your full erection at around 10 o'clock or more?
- my full erection is at atlmost 10 if fully hard. id say between 9 and 10.
3) Are you jelqing when fully erect, or in the 50-60% range
i do not jelq when fully erect. i should note that the pop doesnt happen when jelqing with high erection levels. it usually happens when my erection is soft enough that i can squeeze the base and feel little girth (stretchy). so as i jelq more blood into the mid/upper shaft, the base becomes less engorged and i then begin to feel the pop
4) You say you have a pop at mid-shaft, so is the pop AT your mid-shaft or thats just where your jelk hand is when it occurs near the base of you shaft?
- once my hand reaches the mid shaft, that is when i feel the pop at midshaft. When i jelq starting from the base, i feel the pop then too at the base. So, it happens when my jelqing hand is at that point. I should note that the pops usually happen only with my left hand, especially at midshaft

OK, I think I have an answer for you. First off, you should only be jelqing in the 50-60% range. Fully erect jelqing should be avoided until a more advanced routine is started after JP90. What I believe you are feeling is the blood being pushed forward from the base (the initial pop) and again, at mid-shaft there's a "bump" about 1 to 1 1/2" beneath your glans if you're circumcised, where the blood again squeezes forward into the head. That's perfectly normal, and as your penis becomes more "fit" & veinous through PE, you will likely be able to see these "bumps" with regularity. Unless there's pain involved, what you're experiencing is exactly what good quality jelqing is supposed to accomplish. Keep up the good work!

jockinthebox

Reaction score
Also Jack, are you using a two-handed overhand jelq? I'm right-hand dominate, so I try to compensate somewhat for that strength and intensity by tightening my grip slightly with my left, when I hold with my right beneath the glans and begin myleft jelq at the base in order to feel that blood move past my "bumps". Hope this eases your mind a bit

Reactions: closed224

jackspain

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
OK, I think I have an answer for you. First off, you should only be jelqing in the 50-60% range. Fully erect jelqing should be avoided until a more advanced routine is started after JP90. What I believe you are feeling is the blood being pushed forward from the base (the initial pop) and again, at mid-shaft there's a "bump" about 1 to 1 1/2" beneath your glans if you're circumcised, where the blood again squeezes forward into the head. That's perfectly normal, and as your penis becomes more "fit" & veinous through PE, you will likely be able to see these "bumps" with regularity. Unless there's pain involved, what you're experiencing is exactly what good quality jelqing is supposed to accomplish. Keep up the good work!

Interesting point. I should note that I am not a beginner completely as I have been jelqing for over a year now and I do not jelq when fully erect. if anything, i jelq between 30-60%. However, I have changed the way i jelq these past two months. Here are the main differences:

before (1year)
- no stretching
- Did not pay full attention to the qualify of the jelq so not all engorged the glans and not all were slow 3-4 second jelqs
- 30-60% erection
-10min sessions
- jelqs didnt always start deep into base

Now(past 2 months)
- stretching for 10min
- much more focused on quality of jelq and i aim to ensure that each jelq engorges the glans (3-4 second slow jelq)
- 30-60% erection
- 200 jelqs (1 hand repetitions)
- jelqs start deep into base

With these changes in my routine, i started to feel the pops about 2-3 weeks ago. @Jockinthebox does this additional info change anything in your theory or are these pops a good sign that I am just pumping in more blood?

What do you mean by 'you will likely be able to see these "bumps" with regularity'.? Are you implying taht my penis will gain new bumps as i become more conditioned? Will i always feel these pops or will they go away?

jackspain

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Also Jack, are you using a two-handed overhand jelq? I'm right-hand dominate, so I try to compensate somewhat for that strength and intensity by tightening my grip slightly with my left, when I hold with my right beneath the glans and begin myleft jelq at the base in order to feel that blood move past my "bumps". Hope this eases your mind a bit

yeah i use a two-handed overhand jelq (thumb and index finger as close to pubic bone as possible).

jackspain

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I'm just really worried that i might be detaching my penis from my base lol

closed224

Senior Member, Member of the Month Dec 2014, Feb
Well Done !
Reaction score
You are not detaching with a light grip. Also that would hurt like hell.