Cold Glans/Discoloration

Cool-Since-92

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I'm starting to notice that I tend to have cold/discolorated glans after the end of my sets (I do 3 sets). Today to I tried wrapping with double width for the SS (sweatshirt) that I use and still got cold glans.
Can this be avoided?

NS92

MrB8

Senior Member, Member of the Month Nov 2013
Well Done !
Reaction score

master-gauge

Senior Member, Member of the Month May 2016
Well Done !
Reaction score
I'll mention too that "cool" Glans is unavoidable all together, along with some discoloration to them as well.. Keep sets to a 20 min max.. Mine is a few shades of purple and cool every set, but that goes away almost immediately when the hanger is removed.. within the 1st 2 mins or so..

Cool-Since-92

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I'll mention too that "cool" Glans is unavoidable all together, along with some discoloration to them as well.. Keep sets to a 20 min max.. Mine is a few shades of purple and cool every set, but that goes away almost immediately when the hanger is removed.. within the 1st 2 mins or so..

This is good to know...thanks for the replies B8 and gauge.

donjelqer76

Retired Moderator, PEGym Hero
Reaction score
As these guys said, it's pretty much unavoidable with compression hanging. As long as you keep your sets <20 minutes and ensure that you're not completely cutting off circulation you should be fine.

You can do a simple test to see if your glans are still getting blood flow. While hanging, firmly press into your glans with a thumb or fingertip for a few seconds. When you remove your finger, you should see a very pale area that quickly returns back to color as fresh blood fills back in. This can let you know that bloodflow isn't completely cut off

Have you considered vacuum hanging? While not capable of the same kind of weight, it's much more comfortable and your sets aren't limited to 20 minutes

Cool-Since-92

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Have you considered vacuum hanging? While not capable of the same kind of weight, it's much more comfortable and your sets aren't limited to 20 minutes

Well actually I'm looking into buying an LG hanger in the near future once I have the extra dough. I really considering combining both the Malehanger and LG into one routine.

Reallyshortblackguy

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I too get cold glans when hanging with my homemade hanger, however after 5 mins of jelqing its back to normal