Has Russia provoked war?

DaddyDick

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me why this is America's business?

Does anyone REALLY believe that Saddam Hussein would have shared power with a terrorist? Last time I checked history, dictators did not share power with anyone.

Do not get me wrong. I am proud to be an American, but our government is way out of touch with us down here. They must believe that we are stupid.

MrB8

Senior Member, Member of the Month Nov 2013
Well Done !
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me why this is America's business?

Does anyone REALLY believe that Saddam Hussein would have shared power with a terrorist? Last time I checked history, dictators did not share power with anyone.

Do not get me wrong. I am proud to be an American, but our government is way out of touch with us down here. They must believe that we are stupid.

I do respect a government that seeks whats best for its citizens, in this case, I believe that the American government knows that the world is a small island now, and that everything is intertwined, so there is an indirect relationship between countries (or a direct one) and how that what goes on in one may affect others, maintaining power, securing interests, trade, technology, etc,,,.

In the end, they care about whats best for the USA, which should count in their favor, not against them, maybe if you were in their place you would have thought as they do.

But believe me, they are doing a lot better than many others. :)

MrB8 out. :bolt:

Last edited:

JonPop

Retired Sr. Administrator , PEGym Hero
Reaction score

burtybasset

Retired Moderator, Member of the Month May 2014,
Reaction score
This will explain everything you want to know and much more than you wanted to know.

If any of you watch this. Please post for discussion.

Watched the first ten minutes of that, I do find it interesting, it reminds me of another video Zeitgeist have you seen it?

DaddyDick

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I do respect a government that seeks whats best for its citizens, in this case, I believe that the American government knows that the world is a small island now, and that everything is intertwined, so there is an indirect relationship between countries (or a direct one) and how that what goes on in one may affect others, maintaining power, securing interests, trade, technology, etc,,,.

In the end, they care about whats best for the USA, which should count in their favor, not against them, maybe if you were in their place you would have thought as they do.

But believe me, they are doing a lot better than many others. :)

MrB8 out. :bolt:

We are citizens in the global world not the police. I hope our administration respects that and does not launch us into another conflict. Not long ago the administration tried to get us in combat, but the citizens did not cosign it. Maybe there would have been protests similar to that of the past during wartime.

We need a eight to twelve years of harsh belt tightening that only comes from focusing on domestic issues. Let's focus on our illegal immigrant situation, healthcare reform, growing disparity between the rich and poor, and so on. Now I am not saying that we should not participate in global matters, but if we cannot help ourselves, how can we help someone else? If will be horrible globally if America goes bankrupt and worse if half the planet goes to war with us.

In the end politicians care about how much money they can make. It is no different than in business, so I guess in some ways I think like them. Now, being an accountant I am different from politicians in a major way and I am glad that you mentioned trade, because how good is America's credit. U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

MrB8

Well Done !
Reaction score
We are citizens in the global world not the police. I hope our administration respects that and does not launch us into another conflict. Not long ago the administration tried to get us in combat, but the citizens did not cosign it. Maybe there would have been protests similar to that of the past during wartime.

We need a eight to twelve years of harsh belt tightening that only comes from focusing on domestic issues. Let's focus on our illegal immigrant situation, healthcare reform, growing disparity between the rich and poor, and so on. Now I am not saying that we should not participate in global matters, but if we cannot help ourselves, how can we help someone else? If will be horrible globally if America goes bankrupt and worse if half the planet goes to war with us.

In the end politicians care about how much money they can make. It is no different than in business, so I guess in some ways I think like them. Now, being an accountant I am different from politicians in a major way and I am glad that you mentioned trade, because how good is America's credit. U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

First, I apologize for my political ignorance, I don't even follow the news anymore, just learned about the whole thing from this thread, so actually I have no idea what is the USA's role in this, or why it even happened.

My post was more to try and say that sometimes us (world citizens) don't have all the information available to judge everything properly, so we better give the governments that seek what they think is best for their countries (from their point of vies, and according to their knowledge), better give them some credit, sure they do mistakes, but in the end, they are better than governments that intentionally sink their countries in deep s*** for personal gains or hidden agendas or who knows what, that's all. :)

Last edited:

mcpecker

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Last edited:

averagedick

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
The recent invasion of the Ukraine is alarming to say the least.Let us see what Obama will do.

America has been trying to provoke war too long Russia isnt provoking america because ukrsine is no business of americas. Its the same with syria america has absolutely no right to have any say in any of these conflicts. All I see is propoganda from european and American stations, thing is my great great grand kids will never be able to know what life today was like because the history they write in books will be the propoganda thats being shoved down our throat on a daily basis. I absolutely hate obama as us president hes a joke

islander

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Every part of the world see it differently. My gut was oh how old school. Everyone preoccupied with Sochi and pull in to Cuba with a ship.
I'm not scared in the least
We will blow their ship up and take them to the mattresses if they flinch. We love war it seems.
Our air force is in the air non stop since before they docked there
So says Clint Eastwood so says us all " go ahead make my day"

Pirate

Retired Administrator, PEGym Hero
Reaction score
It is easy to say that we have no role in what happens is Syria or the Ukraine but the world is a small place and "no man is an island." Minding our own business looks a lot like complacency in genocide when the rights of others are being trampled.
America's current tendency to retreat into isolationism is disturbing to me and, I think, history will judge us harshly for it.
Yarrr!

BigO

Administrator, PEGym Hero,"Woofer"
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
I find it hard for us in the US to have the balls to talk about what another country is doing. We should take care of our own first. Russia and the Ukraine are big boys and they dont need us to interfere.

BigO

Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
It is easy to say that we have no role in what happens is Syria or the Ukraine but the world is a small place and "no man is an island." Minding our own business looks a lot like complacency in genocide when the rights of others are being trampled.
America's current tendency to retreat into isolationism is disturbing to me and, I think, history will judge us harshly for it.
Yarrr!

They judge us no matter what we do, funny how we are the bad guys somewhere, just depends on who you ask and if they need us to save their ass at the time or not.

DaddyDick

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
First, I apologize for my political ignorance, I don't even follow the news anymore, just learned about the whole thing from this thread, so actually I have no idea what is the USA's role in this, or why it even happened.

Nice job! Do you practice insulting or is it a natural talent? It must takes years to build up such an attitude. You sound similar to my tween.

I guess it is my turn. "You know nothing Jon Snow!"

MrB8

Well Done !
Reaction score
First, I apologize for my political ignorance, I don't even follow the news anymore, just learned about the whole thing from this thread, so actually I have no idea what is the USA's role in this, or why it even happened. My post was more to try and say that sometimes us (world citizens) don't have all the information available to judge everything properly, so we better give the governments that seek what they think is best for their countries (from their point of vies, and according to their knowledge), better give them some credit, sure they do mistakes, but in the end, they are better than governments that intentionally sink their countries in deep s*** for personal gains or hidden agendas or who knows what, that's all. :)

Nice job! Do you practice insulting or is it a natural talent? It must takes years to build up such an attitude. You sound similar to my tween. I guess it is my turn. "You know nothing Jon Snow!"

Insulting! How does my post sound insulting? :confused::confused:

I apologized for not being up to par in politics, and admitted that I don't follow the news, so I can't be a good judge of this particular situation, how could that be insulting to you or anyone else???

I'm not even American, would saying that your government is not bad, and that they at least care about their country insulting?? Where did I go wrong? :noidea:

All I intended from my posts was to say that even if your government may sound bad, at least they do what they think is for your best interest, better than many other countries whose rulers only care about themselves.

Last edited:

BigO

Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
I think MrB8 made a very good point. We know what our government wants us to know.

Go ahead now, call me ignorant......

Smu

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
it is easy to say that we have no role in what happens is Syria or the Ukraine
I symphatise Ukraine alot. Living in a country next to Russia, that has fought two wars against Russia, and luckily repelling them both times though. My point is, we get news every now and then that Russia has been increasing military activity at our borders, and people get very jumpy about it, so I can only imagine what it feels like for the Ukrainians right now!

namsokiek

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yarrr!
to be honest international interactions are much more complicated that we all recognize.

However, if we intercede in this instance because it supports self determination and human rights, why don't we intercede in other countries with worse records on these issues. Our interaction in the African continent (rife with these problems) is substantially low compared to other countries in Europe and middle east.

If we select our engagements for reasons of "humanitarian" or "self determination" they become hypocritical when we ignore the African continent.

However, the next valid question is, "What does this country offer that is worth the lives of our military men and women, worth social consequence of the shattered families, reason enough to create orphans and break the hearts of tender children?"

Do we have a treaty agreement with the country, are we bound by international agreement?

Are there second or third-order, negative-effects our inactivity will precipitate in that region that are more intolerable than the negative consequences of engagement?

Another note is that 'precision' ballistics is a relative term, there is still a high ratio of collateral damage (civilian deaths) when this type of engagement is used. So the last question is, "Is the likely outcome of our inactivity worse that the likely outcome of our activity?"

If it is so important for international stability, why don't the European countries make a greater effort to take care of the problem?

The administration (regardless of which one it is) has an infinitely more accurate picture of these things than we do.

Reactions: ino