Estradiol (estrogen)

Panther

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I have recently discovered my Estridiol is way above average. I tested out at 48.1 and it should be between 20 - 30.

I have also noticed the following symptoms over the last 2 years.

• Wake up frequently during the night
  • Morning wood has reduce by about 80%
  • Not as horny
  • EQ has gone from 9/10 to about 6/7 (dick size has stayed the same from PE)
  • Gained about 30 lbs
  • Have belly fat - never had any before
  • Have larger breasts (not man boobs yet)
  • Less energy and sometimes feeling depressed
  • Can't remember as well
Thought I was low on testosterone so had my Dr. test my levels. They came in at the low end of normal - free testosterone of 14 and serum of 454. Dr. did not test my Estradiol and I'd never even heard of it. Also told me I was fine. My opinion - most PCPs don't know their ass from their elbow. Educate yourself.

Did a little research and found out Estradiol is a major factor in ones health. Men do not produce estrogen directly (Estradiol is estrogen) but it is required in a healthy man. An enzyme called amaratose converts testosterone into E. If your body is converting too much T into E one's free T will be reduced and one's E will be elevated.

Abnormal levels of E in a man increase ones chance of heart related death by 115% if its too high and by 335% if its too low. Strangely enough, my cholesterol has increased at the same time as I have high E.

So how to fix the problem as I'm not a proponent of drugs. The primary step is too decrease the amount of amaratose in my body so I stop converting T to E. Below are the steps I am taking to do that:

• No chicken unless free range hormone free from Whole Foods
  • Increased fruits and veggies - particularly deep colored fruits as mention by G4 in his post and broccoli. Thank god I love all these things and could live just on this stuff. Have planted my own garden this year.
  • Increased physical exercise - fat in men causes the production of amaratose and stores E, particularly belly fat.
  • Supplements which contain Chrysin, Muira puama, Maca, Nettle, lignans, and zinc. Chrysin reduces production of aramatose. Muira puama and maca increase T. Nettle binds to SHBG (sex hormone binding globuline) so T does not thus increasing free T.

I will be retesting my E 45 days from now. If my levels have not decreased to an acceptable range I plan to visit my Dr. and ask for drugs that inhibit E. They are often prescribed in connection with T so one does not convert the T into E.

I do my blood work at Life Extensions because it is pretty cheap and does not show up on my medical records. When you apply for life insurance the company looks at all your medical records which are reported to MIB (no not Men in Black). MIB is a consortium of life insurance companies and it gathers medical information to be used in underwriting life insurance, health insurance and annuities. A single bad test can be refuted due to possible lab errors. Multiple bad tests will impact your ability to get insurance at a reasonable cost.

There have been several published studies on Chrysin which show a 40% reduction in E and a 40% increase in free T after 30 days on the supplement. I will be taking 750 mg of Chrysin in the am and in the pm. It includes piperine which has been shown to increase the absorption of Chrysin significantly.

For all those men worried about their T levels you need to consider your E as well, plus SHBG.

Reactions: RockstarParkingDude

Illnath

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
That's exactly what happens when guys take steroids. Aromatase goes in and change the test to estrogen. Do you lift weights mate? I bet if you started some bodybuilding/ heavy weight lifting while eating ltos of protein, you'd change some of that!

- Ill

blulite

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
yup, next thing is bitch tits..

you ever seen bob on fight club???? steroids will do that to a guy. especally if you are using for examle sustanon and deca duraboiln, you have to take an extra suppement with those to counteract the increase in estrogen. sustanon especilly produces high increases of estrogen.

steve123

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
thats crazy panther. how old are you again?

anyways, yeah high i guess E can do all that, and even repress T. some annoying questions more for my curiuiosity.

But what caused your high estrogen you think? In other words, what changed from 3 years ago to this year?

hm...why did you gain weight you thihnk? did you change exercise or diet habits? like eating too much fast food or sweets?

RockstarParkingDude

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
it's not that PCP's are clueless idiots. most of them just don't specialize in hormones and their interactions. (is that endocrinology?) they have to know a lot of stuff about a lot of things and your doc probably just doesn't get exposed to that particular circumstance a lot. i agree though, know your own body - its the only way to be.

its good however that you've identified the actual problem. before you start treating symptoms though, you should find the root cause. seems like you're well informed! good luck man.

Reactions: kingpole

kingpole

Retired Moderator, PEGym Hero
Reaction score
To boost T levels naturally you must lift weights doing compound movements.
Eat protien foods like " beef", grassh fed organic is the best, if you can find it.
if you can't find grass fed eat a minimum of beef make sure it is farely lean, it is the fat that contains the estrogenics.
Eat fruits and vegetables but stay away fro grape fruit and soy, they be estrogenic.
Chicken that has not been altured with hormones or antibitotics. In California all the chicken is all natural with no hormones or antibitics, don't know if the other states are doing this as well.
Don't eat fish raised within city limits, thes be estrogenic. Go to a lake far from the city for your fish.
Drink plenty of green tea w/o soy, cream or milk in it. Green tea raises testosterone/DHT levels.
Avoid soy products they are estrogenic.

Also get your thyroid checked as well.

kingpole

Retired Moderator, PEGym Hero
Reaction score
Whey proteins help increase test levels.

The five G's will ^ your T levels as well.

Panther

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses.

I am 42 years old. Still young by me reckoning. I do not do steroids and don't plan too.

My eating habits did change about 2 1/2 years ago. My new GF is not a good eater and she does the cooking. Plus she does not eat much in the way of fruits/veggies.

I attribute the change to 3 things: 1) eating less fruits/veggies 2) eating more processed food and sweets 3) getting older.

Exercise habits really did not change that much.

Jama

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
You should really look into your diet too. If you drink soy milk or ingest soy it can affect you more then you think. GOOGLE DANGERS OF SOY MILK. it's eye opening. Also I like your plan for supplementation but don't over do it.

Also your 42? Steroids might not be a bad choice. Much safer at an older age then younger. Look into it man.
If you think steroids are all bad look into the documentary bigger stronger faster. Also very eye opening.

Goodluck bud.

Panther

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Thanks - may check out the documentary out of curiosity. Not sure I'd really want to do steroids for muscle building.

I have very little soy in my diet. Not sure why I seem to be producing too much aromatase. It could be from diet and drinking. In the last three years I began drinking more. Recently I cut that back significantly. Also, blood sugar problems can also impact it and I did begin to eat more carb foods in last three years.

I suspect its a combo of issues.

phallic1

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
For elevated estrogens you may want to look into zinc and aromatse. Also check out the supplement mangosteen and estrogens, apparently mangosteen has been shown to be a very potent supplement for reducing estrogen levels.

Fish oils have also shown benefits in lowering estrogens. As are cruciferous vegatables and collard greens.

steve123

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
panther, im glad you realized that these symptoms are all related. But other than taking supplements to "mask" the high E, what can you do, or change lifestyle wise, to reverse this process?

p.s. im guessing you also snore and stop breathing at night?

Panther

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I did a full male blood panel and all the results came in in the normal range except E. Thyroid was find. SBHG was fine. T was at the bottom end of normal, which in reality, is probably low.

I do not snore at night nor do I stop breathing. My sleep issues are new within the last year.

I believe the problem is primarily related to a change in my diet (less fruits/veggies and more carbs which turn to sugar) and more alcohol consumption.

Aromatose is a liver enzyme which can be thrown out of proportion with a bad diet and alcohol. Also, I might just have high levels naturally and recent bad diet and drinking have screwed up.

denyalmartin

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
I think it should be like this. You should really look into your diet too. If you drink soy milk or ingest soy it can affect you more then you think. This is really very important all the things which are mentioned here.

Illnath

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I'd say don't go with the steroids. Many different compounds can easily turn out to increase your estrogen levels, after a cycle. Bigger stronger and faster is a good documentary, when I say good, I mean it shows the controversy around this whole steroids thing..when that is said, they make steroids sound a lot more safe than it is!

- Ill

Gigantic

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
this discussion

this discussion

Aloha I am a new member to the forum..(the website)
I live in Hawii Been super healthy and into the ocean and weight trainng. (water sports like surfing and windsurfing and bodysurfing and diving and swimming.
I dont need size gain (I have normal 9" erect adn could go larger in the right conditions and would like to do that AND...
I amvery very very interested in the details of this thread. i have been looking for detailed information about hormones and sex/exercise/ and these details and I was Very excited to see this

Can some of you members who are experts on this (increasing hormones and testosterone and growth factors e mail me with tips and suggestiongs so i can jump start this quest?
Honestly i am a vegan ( a raw foods vegan 100%)and no problem with that but the supplements and herbs and foods are the ciritcal element fo rme plus sunshine for testosterone (sunlight) and exercise.
I would appreciate some proactive feedback from you before I have to look through all these threads for details.
Wow the science of this website is astounding.
[/B][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Panther

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I am by no means and expert. Just had a problem and did a little research.

There is great info in the threads on PE Gym and lots of guys hear have great thoughts on stuff. If you use the search function you can find lots of info.

Panther

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Thanks - very interesting. Not sure if my zinc is low. Will have to do a little research to see how to test it. May add zinc to my supplements except is makes me queasy for about 45 minutes when I take it (even when I eat).

hawkua

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
You should be seen by an edocrinologists especially if you thyroid gland is involved
Often people or even doctors do not pay much attention to glandular problems but could be serious consequences from there.