Big Al

Administrator, Editor, Male Enhancement Coach
Staff member
Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Reaction score
Website
www.maleenhancementcoach.com
Here are a couple of very informative studies on the effect of heat on tissues. This information goes a long way towards explaining how applied heat (in warm ups and warm downs) is an important part of your training. Heat is essential for preparing for PE exercises, increasing tissue response from the exercises themselves, and promoting greater blood flow and speeding recovery.

The effect of heat on tissue extensibility: a comp... [Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2005] - PubMed result

Effect of superficial heat, deep heat, and active ... [Phys Ther. 2001] - PubMed result

Reactions: Gator

Pegasus

Administrator, PE Gym Editor, PEGym Hero; ,
Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Has been a lot of discussion lately about the use of heat,so this is very timely.
Thanks Al.

Gyrta

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Great Big Al.
I see the heat as the most important part of my PE. And now it's the funniest one.
I bought an IR-lamp, so I'm watching TV while warming-up.

Now I only wish I could warm-up more, but that would only make my session longer. :D

Curlers

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
im taking a few days off to let my unit come around so il be applying a few hot wraps throughout the day to help with recovery. ive only had 3 jelqing sessions so far and only warmed up for 7minutes, and warmed down for 7 minutes. i think im going to do atleast 10-15 from now on.

NSF001

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
These articles make a clear distinction in the efficacy of superficial vs. deep heat. Deep heat wins in both cases. I wonder if its possible to use a modified version of Shortwave Diathermy for PE to really heat that tunica up. According to eMedicine at Deep Heat: eMedicine Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation , "At clinically relevant energies, shortwave diathermy can increase subcutaneous fat temperature by 15° C and muscle temperature by 4-6° C at a depth of 4-5 cm". This is easily more depth than needed to heat up the tunica.

Maybe I am just rambling off into fantasy, but building a more affordable one (these things go around for in the $5,800 on amazon) than this is more than just another awesome project for some Do-It-Yourselfer's. Of course we'd have to consider if its worth the several side-effects of using deep heat...

Last edited:

Big Al

Staff member
Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Reaction score
Website

Big Al

Staff member
Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Reaction score
Website
These articles make a clear distinction in the efficacy of superficial vs. deep heat. Deep heat wins in both cases. I wonder if its possible to use a modified version of Shortwave Diathermy for PE to really heat that tunica up. According to eMedicine at Deep Heat: eMedicine Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation , "At clinically relevant energies, shortwave diathermy can increase subcutaneous fat temperature by 15° C and muscle temperature by 4-6° C at a depth of 4-5 cm". This is easily more depth than needed to heat up the tunica.

Maybe I am just rambling off into fantasy, but building a more affordable one (these things go around for in the $5,800 on amazon) than this is more than just another awesome project for some Do-It-Yourselfer's. Of course we'd have to consider if its worth the several side-effects of using deep heat...

I wouldn't advise using anything like that on the genitals. A simple rice sock that can be made for next to nothing can do the job very nicely :)

TheUnit

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
How effective are fowfers for warming up if I dont have the privacy or access to do a hot wrap? Also curious what do you think the most effective warm up is? Hot wrap, heating pad, rice sock?

Big Al

Staff member
Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Reaction score
Website
How effective are fowfers for warming up if I dont have the privacy or access to do a hot wrap?

I think fowfers are a good exercise, but they don't take the place of a thorough warm up.

Also curious what do you think the most effective warm up is? Hot wrap, heating pad, rice sock?

The hot soak is the most thorough method.

homelesswombat

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Good info BigAl.

So obviously we should all be shooting for deep heating, how would one go about that?

Usually I either warm up with a IR heating pad or run my dick under a hot shower. Would these be considered deep heat or superficial?

stillwantmore

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Playing Devils' Advocate

Playing Devils' Advocate

What about guys like me who have used heat extensively in the past and seen ZERO improvement with gains??? Just want to throw that out there. For example, when I was hanging weights very consistently several years ago. I went so far as to make myself a ''rice sock''. I would apply heat to my entire exposed penis area including the ''base'' where the ''all important'' ligs are. I was religious about it too. The exposed areas remained heated the entire hanging set. Before beginning a new set, I'd re-heat my rice sock and keep the exposed areas warm on each set. We're talking 8 or 9 sets per DAY, 5 days per week. A total time of 3-4 hours a day of hanging time where heat was applied to the exposed areas of my penis. I tested it to see if there appeared to be any real validity too. I tried 3 months straight WITH heat during each set (all sets were recorded ON PAPER btw), and 3 months without. I saw the same gains during both periods. LOL. My conclusion based on my own real world application vs just talk is that heat makes no difference in PE. It FEELS GOOD, but does not (at least in my case) seem to add any benefit worth the extra time and effort. I also, in a decade of involvement in the PE community have not seen ONE man conclusively convince me at least, that he saw improved gains with heat.

What say ye the peanut gallery?

NP97

Retired ModeratorPEGym Hero
Reaction score
Runnin' Down a Dream, Goin' Wherever it Leads.
I'll just say this. The days I do my routines and DON'T warm up it just doesn't feel as good as when I DO. I just feel like I get a far better stretch done when I heat up. It may just be mental... but it flat out feels better when I warm up as opposed to just going in there and doing my workout.

Curlers

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
@stillwantmore.

i do agree alot with what your saying. i do think the heat applied for warm up and warm down is important, but to do several wraps throughout the day may be no more productive than the warm up/warm by itself. i am going to be doing a few heat wraps while i take these next few days off in the 'hope' that it will speed up recovery time.

but when you said you didnt see no difference in the 3 months you extensively added heated raps to speed up recovery and didnt notice no difference i can beleive that quite easily. its like in bodybuilding, its beleived that contrasting showers help speed up recovery time - perhaps they do..but i dont notice any difference at all when comparing it to a 10 minute mildly hot shower. same goes for PE in my opinion.

pumpsalot

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
An IR Lamp?!! You mean I didn't have to use Ben-Gay? lol

RIB2211

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I've gotten rid of warm-ups and warm-downs. Been three weeks now and I'm fine.

Big Al

Staff member
Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Reaction score
Website
Good info BigAl.

So obviously we should all be shooting for deep heating, how would one go about that?

Usually I either warm up with a IR heating pad or run my dick under a hot shower. Would these be considered deep heat or superficial?

The most important priority should be safety. Because of the sensitive nature of the genitals, you'll need to use just enough heat with enough duration to get the job done. As I stated in my last post of this thread, I think the hot soak (at constant temperature) would be the most effective way of doing that without getting too complicated and keeping safety in mind. An IR lamp and hot showers may get the job done, but they won't be as effective as the how soak (or even the hot wrap). A well constructed rice sock will give you the ease of use while offering many of the benefits of the hot soak.

Ultrasound may have it's benefits, but I wouldn't recommend using it for PE warm ups unless you're absolutely sure of the possible consequences.

Last edited:

Big Al

Staff member
Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Reaction score
Website
I'll just say this. The days I do my routines and DON'T warm up it just doesn't feel as good as when I DO. I just feel like I get a far better stretch done when I heat up. It may just be mental... but it flat out feels better when I warm up as opposed to just going in there and doing my workout.

I've found this to be the case as well. My PE workouts and blood flow were very noticeably improved by using warm ups/warm downs. Even if you don't see obvious improvements in your routine and performance, it makes sense to do [at a minimum] warm ups to prevent injury.

Gyrta

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
What about guys like me who have used heat extensively in the past and seen ZERO improvement with gains??? Just want to throw that out there. For example, when I was hanging weights very consistently several years ago. I went so far as to make myself a ''rice sock''. I would apply heat to my entire exposed penis area including the ''base'' where the ''all important'' ligs are. I was religious about it too. The exposed areas remained heated the entire hanging set. Before beginning a new set, I'd re-heat my rice sock and keep the exposed areas warm on each set. We're talking 8 or 9 sets per DAY, 5 days per week. A total time of 3-4 hours a day of hanging time where heat was applied to the exposed areas of my penis. I tested it to see if there appeared to be any real validity too. I tried 3 months straight WITH heat during each set (all sets were recorded ON PAPER btw), and 3 months without. I saw the same gains during both periods. LOL. My conclusion based on my own real world application vs just talk is that heat makes no difference in PE. It FEELS GOOD, but does not (at least in my case) seem to add any benefit worth the extra time and effort. I also, in a decade of involvement in the PE community have not seen ONE man conclusively convince me at least, that he saw improved gains with heat.

What say ye the peanut gallery?

As a "veteran", as you call yourself, and a moderator you're saying that heat is useless in PE?
You're indirectly saying that anyone should skip warm-ups and warm-downs beacause of the lack of gains?

I really hope that i've misunderstood you, otherwise I hope that all newbies reading this continues to warm-up.
Warm-up isn't for gaining, it's for preventing injuries.

Unit

Retired ModeratorPEGym Hero
Reaction score
Bump

surv376

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Hey guys, I actually have a portable heater in my room and usually what I do is keep my junk hovering above it/close to it in order to warm up. I only do it for a few minutes though. Is that okay or should I be warming up for 10+ minutes?