Taking several supplements at the same time?

SuperSize

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Hi, I'm considering taking supplements to help me with my PE gains. However, at the moment I am already taking

-One a Day Men's Multivitamin
-25 mg B6 Vitamin
-300mg Isonazid (Anti-Biotic)

I take these pills daily. The Multivitamin just for good health purposes and the B6 and Isonazid because I have tuberculosis.

I wanted to take the pills recommended by JonPop on his 90 day Beginner Routine

1 Super B complex.
1 Multi Vitamin & Minerals.
1 60 mg Zinc.
2 500mg L-Arginine capsule.
1 500 mg L-Lysine.

Also, I am trying to gain muscle mass so I was thinking about taking whey protein.

So I was wondering if this is too much for me. In my opinion it looks like going overboard and I don't want to be poisoned with too many medications.

Any advice?

Thank You.

BMot

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
At the moment I take...

1 Multivitamin + Mineral
3 x 500mg L-arginine
2 x 120mg Ginkgo Biloba
1 x 15mg Zinc
1 x 1000mg Horny Goat Weed

...and have been doing for the past 2.5 months and I feel better than before taking any supplements.

However, seen as though you're on some proper medication at the moment, you may want to consult with your doctor. I'm not sure how some of these supplements will react with anti-biotics.

Last edited:

SuperSize

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Yes, that is what I am concerned about too. Do you take those PE medications daily?

BMot

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Yes, every day.

Why not wait until you've finished your course of anti-biotics.

MoreGains

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'd suggest check whats in your One A Day multi vitamin before you start adding in extra zinc etc. JonPop added in a few extra amino's which aren't normally present in a multi vitamin but I'd be careful about combining multi's until you check the zinc or selenium levels in your current multivitamin. I'm sure you'll be fine but its best to know exactly what you are putting in your body. You can't really poison yourself with additional amino acids (they are in every protein your eat, and this is providing you don't have some sort of kidney or liver disease that is) and you should be fine with vitamins if its just a multivitamin pill. I wouldn't worry about going supplement crazy with that regime, unless your multivitamin pills is something seriously crazy you'll be fine. Best way to check is to look at the RDI of each vitamin and mineral and providing your body requires a similar sort of level (you aren't sick or an athlete). Its probably the best way to guage your dosage.

SuperSize

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
@Bmot - I have to take the anti-biotics for the next 7 months. I mean I could wait but if I can I would like to take supplements while I am on the routine

@MoreGains - How do I know the max of a nutrient I can take? Like zinc and amino acids.

Right now I am just concerned about overdosing.

Pegasus

Administrator, PE Gym Editor, PEGym Hero; ,
Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Ok I am not an expert but.

The aminos shouldn't be a problem unless you have herpes take arginine and lysine at seperate times.
Multi you are already takeing.
B complex is a good idea if you are taking an isolated b.
60 mg is a lot of zinc so if you want to research anything it would be what dosage of zinc you are comfortable with.
Also check what form minerals are in ,so if they are chelated etc.

the spencer

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Truth-be-told, exercise and a broad diet will give you all you need. If you are an American you do not likely need additional protein, however whey is fine. If you take that, avoid taking additional amino acids because there are contraindications and excesses of some amino acids hinder affects of others.

Also, Zinc can nullify certain antibiotics causing both to not be absorbed, so definitely discuss that with you Doctor.