Gain Master PE Software

Iguana

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
At long last Gain Master 1.0 PE Software is finished and is available for download!!!

If you are interested in using the software it is FREE. Remember, this is version 1.0 and it is along way from what I envision it will be. As of now, I haven't finished the help file, so I hope it is intuitive and user-friendly. And, there is no error coding so if you find bugs please let me know. If you think of other useful features I am always open to suggestions for improvement.

Installation Instructions:

Step 1

To use the software you MUST download and install Microsoft Access Runtime Version from Microsoft's web site.
The software will not install without it.

Here is the address: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/office/bb229700.aspx Just click on the link at the bottom of the page.

Step 2 Once the Access install completes click on the attachment below. Save this zip file on the hard drive of your PC.

Step 3 Extract the zip file to a temporary location and run the setup file. An icon will be placed on your desktop and start menu.

Step 4 Start inputting your routine and stats!

I will try to get the help file finished as soon as possible but until then this should get you started...

Getting Started

The software has 3 primary functions:

1. To help construct and store your routines
2. To store your stats and record progress
3. To provide statistical reports on your goals and progress

Set Up

1. Start off by entering your Starting Stats
The software uses the same terminology for measuring as we do here (i.e. BPEL, FG, etc.)
At this time there is no glossary so you need to become familiar with these acronyms.

In the RoutineID box, just start with the number 1. This will increment with each new routine.
Be sure to give your routine a name in the routine name box.

2. Enter your Goals
Some of the reports will help you track your progress to your goal so be sure to have clear goals in mind.
And since there limited error coding these reports will not function properly with out goals.

3. Design you Routine
Use the drop down boxes to add exercises, supplements, and notes. If there is a device, exercise, or supplement that is not in the list go to "Tools" to add it.

4. Enter your New Stats (Gains)
By this time a few weeks will have passed and hopefully you will have some great gains! You will record these with "Enter New Stats." Click on the "Add Stats" button to start. This will move your Ending stats to your Current Stats leaving room for you to enter your new data. Once it is entered, click on "Refresh" to update and see your gains.

Your Ending Stats are entered on the top line, your Starting stats will show on middle line
and your Gains will be calculated for you on the bottom line.

Once you have a few months data in you can begin using the reports. If you have a record of your past routines and gains it it would be advantageous to enter it.

I hope this short tutorial is enough to get you going. Feel free to post questions if you have them. I will do my best to answer in a timely manner.

I hope everyone enjoys and benefits from this new tool.

Happy PEing!!!

Attachments

• Gain Master.zip
    423 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: Big Al and Neppert

remek

Founder
Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Well Done !
Reaction score
Looks good, Iguana! I'm installing the software now. Can't wait to put this badboy to the test ;)

Iguana

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Thanks remek! I'm sure there are many improvements to be made. Let me know what you think.

remek

Founder
Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Well Done !
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the software yet? It's really useful for recording your workouts, supplements, etc. This information could be invaluable 6 months down the road - when you're wondering what you did differently to stop you from gaining.

Last edited:

workinit

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I like the way the software looks but I don't know the terminology yet. Anybody got a link or something to where I could learn it?

Iguana

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score

remek

Founder
Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Well Done !
Reaction score
Also, if there's any other terms that you don't know and they aren't on that list, let me know and I'll add them.

Lucas

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
can you add a winzip free download link as well incase there are users who don't have one.

Lucas

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
another question, is microsoft office a prerequisite to enable microsoft access runtime. do we need to download mcrosoft access extensions as well?

Lucas

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I tried unzipping it, nothing happens. Is'nt working for me.

remek

Founder
Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Well Done !
Reaction score
RedWood: You still having troubles?

Did you install the file from this site? It's needed to get the program working.

Lucas

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

Lucas

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Tried that already mate, nothings working. This software seems good, but I just can't seem to figure it out. Frustrating, really...

Lucas

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
after I download and install, I can't find it in the programs list.

remek

Founder
Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Well Done !
Reaction score
Yea, I had a little trouble in the beginning as well. After you unzip it, you'll want to click on setup.exe to get it rolling. Then if you have access installed (link above), it should install for you.

Did you click on the setup.exe?

Lucas

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Yea, I had a little trouble in the beginning as well. After you unzip it, you'll want to click on setup.exe to get it rolling. Then if you have access installed (link above), it should install for you.

Did you click on the setup.exe?

you mean clicking setup.exe for the gain master software right? I tried unzipping and installing it, but clicking on the lone iguana icon on the gain master folder does nothing.

Iguana

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Redwood, after installing Access 2007 Runtime. Download Gain Master, unzip and click on setup.exe.
You should see the installation process start and it will guide you through the install.
Post if you have problems.

Reactions: G-Spot19

G-Spot19

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
Yo man, great software. I am liking this alot. Reps to you!:cool:

Iguana

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Thank your G-Spot! Glad you are finding it useful!