Beginner to Intermediate Kegel Routine

jadzeno69

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I've been doing this Kegel routine which so far I've found to be a very effective method. It is possible to overwork the muscle, especially at first, so this should probably only be done after you have a solid understanding of the muscle and have toned it with enough quick-clench sessions. I've known about and been doing kegels since I was about 14. I discovered the muscle way before that though, just never knew it would have so much significance other than controlling pee. When I started doing them as an exercise I probably did way too many, but it didn't seem to have any long term effect. I've gone through other routines but I think this one is the best, and I think will be especially effective to those who have trouble with longer squeezes.

Start out with about 200 quick clenches to warm up. I've found that it helps to become slightly aroused. Don't get an erection, just that little shot of adrenaline to get some blood flowing down south. Usually I can feel the muscle better with that.

The next parts entail holding each clench one second longer than the previous. For example, hold the first clench for 1 second, hold the second clench for 2, hold the third for 3 seconds, etc. Go all the way up to 10 seconds for the first set.

Do 25-50 quick clenches, then take a short break, about one minute.

Now do the same thing as before, only this time start at 6 seconds, the next clench hold 7 seconds, the next clench hold 8, etc. This time go up to 15 seconds.

Do 25-50 quick clenches, then take another short break.

Finally do the same thing, only start at 11 seconds, next clench hold 12 seconds, next clench hold 13 seconds, etc. This time go all the way up to 20 seconds.

Do 25-50 quick clenches, then take another break.

If you're up for it, finish off with some 25-30 second (or longer if you want/can) clenches.

This doesn't take me more than about 15 minutes to do, usually sitting in class listening to a lecture.

Logic tells me that this method would help people that are having difficulty with longer squeezes. Even if you can't go past 5 seconds, use the one second increment method to work it up. Maybe eventually you will get to 6 seconds. Keep working maybe to 7. That is progress. I think this routine can be added fairly early on, but if you've never done a kegel workout before, it would be wise to have a few weeks to a month of about 100-200 quick clench sessions, then when you feel able, move onto longer squeezes. Good luck.

JonPop

Retired Sr. Administrator , PEGym Hero
Reaction score
Excellent post. This will start those, new to doing the Kegel exercise, off in the right direction.

Volltaire

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
What do you mean by 200 quick clench sessions? I am just starting so I do not want to overwork my muscle or smt. I read that 4x 50 for 1 month with my own tempo should be good. Please advice :p

irheretogrow

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I was looking for an information like this, I feel like I can do an intermediate Kegel routine now cause I have 1 month of beginner Kegels, Thanks a lot !!!

NewGuy504

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
How often should I do this a week

indianajones

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
do every other day in the beginning

sidneycrosby

Senior Member, Member of the Month Oct 2016
Well Done !
Reaction score
What about kegel to reverse kegel balance? Should you stretch your pelvic floor the same as this routine?

popacock

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
I am on a jp's 90 day begginer's program it is my 3rd week . 4 days back i met my gf and when she touched me my little bob stood up that was ok but few minutes later i started feeling pain on the lower side and it went from bearable to unbearable 2 hours of dreadful pain. When I got back home i found my balls got a swelling not exactly balls a kittle above in the skin area of scrotum I masterbated two times to clean out the sperm that got stuck there . Same thing happened me almost a year back . Should i go for rest from my kegeling and PE if yes for how many days. And what could be the reason behind this .

closed224

Senior Member, Member of the Month Dec 2014, Feb
Well Done !
Reaction score
Yes Sydney it is a good idea to do reverse kegels, deep flat footed squats, and other yoga stretches. Keep the pelvic floor in balance. If things are working well do the same number of reverse kegels as you do kegels. The other stretching excersizes should be incorporated into your routine also. Or at the end of your day before bed. Stretching is also good first thing in the morning.

Popacock if you did not ejaculate with your girlfriend but waited until later when you masturbated then this is what we used to call blue balls. If you get all dressed up, but don't go anywhere with it DSB can hurt like a bitch. Incorporate the same stretches as stated above and try not to hold back ejaculations to the point of pain.

Forberg

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I read most men cannot put Kegels for more than few seconds.
How is it that I've never done this exercise and can keep my muscle for about 10 seconds at beginning? Am I different or there is some kind misinformation in the statement I had read?

Last edited:

grandtheftauto

Growing Posts (LTT)
Growing ! (ltt)
Reaction score
Im new to pe. Im starting a kegal only workout untill im able to fully commit to the whole pe workout since i know that consistenty is key. So for a BEGINNER how hard and long should i kegal with quick clenchez and when should i progress or intensify it ?

BWC

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Im new to pe. Im starting a kegal only workout untill im able to fully commit to the whole pe workout since i know that consistenty is key. So for a BEGINNER how hard and long should i kegal with quick clenchez and when should i progress or intensify it ?

Let me give you a suggestion to begin before actual enlargement exercises - instead of masturbation, do edging/stop-and-starts. And on the stops, do your kegels ERECT until you cant put enough force in the muscle, then start, then stop, then do them again. Start with 10-20
I feel that erect kegels really help me more with EQ and orgasm control than flaccid ones. And I need to do far less of them

Pegasus

Administrator, PE Gym Editor, PEGym Hero; ,
Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Remember to include reverse kegel.

BV32

Growing Posts (LTT)
Growing ! (ltt)
Reaction score
What does "NBPEL" mean, does anyone have a link to a routine that is good that I can follow from beginner to expert for growth, ejaculation control, and stiffer erection

TheGreatDivider

Senior Member, Member of the Month Dec 2015
Well Done !
Reaction score
What does "NBPEL" mean, does anyone have a link to a routine that is good that I can follow from beginner to expert for growth, ejaculation control, and stiffer erection
Please start a new thread instead of derailing this one.