Upwards manual stretch.

Smallus

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I've been having a bit of trouble doing the upwards manual stretch. You know how the beginner's routine asks you to stretch it downwards, then to the right, then the left, and then up?

Well, when I stretch it upwards it's hard to feel an actual stretch, like that of all the other three stretches. Usually I have to pull harder to feel a bit of a stretch but after 10 seconds my fingers ache like hell and I have to switch hands, hoping to continue the stretch but failing miserably.

I have no problems with all other three stretches and feel the stretch just awesomely when I stretch it.

However the upwards stretch is bugging me.

How do you all do it?

remek

Founder
Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Well Done !
Reaction score
Smallus: A lot of guys tend to fret about "feeling the stretch." This is all fine and dandy for making you feel better, but it's not nearly as important as the other factors that contribute to gains: healthy PIs, consistency, etc.

Perhaps you don't feel the upward stretch because when you stretch up, you're not stretching the ligaments.

With the other three stretches, especially the downward stretch, your focusing a lot of the pull on the ligaments, whereas with the upward stretch the focus is on your inner penis.

Also, avoid tugging on your penis extremely hard - especially when you are a beginner. Be gentle. It doesn't take extreme tension for PE to work. As you become more and more advanced over the next few months, you can increase the amount of force used.

Smallus

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Smallus: A lot of guys tend to fret about "feeling the stretch." This is all fine and dandy for making you feel better, but it's not nearly as important as the other factors that contribute to gains: healthy PIs, consistency, etc.

Perhaps you don't feel the upward stretch because when you stretch up, you're not stretching the ligaments.

With the other three stretches, especially the downward stretch, your focusing a lot of the pull on the ligaments, whereas with the upward stretch the focus is on your inner penis.

Also, avoid tugging on your penis extremely hard - especially when you are a beginner. Be gentle. It doesn't take extreme tension for PE to work. As you become more and more advanced over the next few months, you can increase the amount of force used.

I see, so when I pull upwards should I be more gentle and expect to not feel much at all?

Btw, your posts are made of epic win.

remek

Founder
Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Well Done !
Reaction score
I see, so when I pull upwards should I be more gentle and expect to not feel much at all?

In the beginning, you actually should be gentle all the time. Your penis isn't conditioned when you first start PEing, so even gentle and light tugs can go a long way. That said, as time goes on, you'll want to increase the intensity by gradually pulling harder and harder . . . and perhaps even work up to hanging, like some men do.

Also, you'll want to pull with the same force in every direction - but you just might not feel it as much when stretching up.

Btw, your posts are made of epic win.

I'm not sure what this means, but thank you, I think ;)

Last edited:

Dicko

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I've been at this since 2004 and I share your experience. When working SU angles I don't really feel a good stretch. It's understandable because of the ligaments, like Aaron said. I have to resort to fulcrum stretches to target the tunica and feel a good stretch.