Hanging - Should I raise the weights as soon as I feel comfortable?

Pollanovio

Growing Posts (LTT)
Growing ! (ltt)
Reaction score
Or do I have to maintain each weight for at least a week so as not to gain strength too fast?

not2big

Senior Super Moderator, PEGym Hero
Staff member
Well Done !
Reaction score
I only tried hanging for three months, but I would agree once you exceed 7 or eight pounds.

Dreadsteed

Senior Member, Member of the Month March 2022
Well Done !
Reaction score
There are several methodologies you can hang with. Personally I think it depends on how long it takes your unit to reach fatigue with the weight. Obviously you don’t want to increase weights to dangerous levels, and you don’t need to. You just need to be able to reach fatigue in the ligament or tunica, whichever is your current primary limiting factor. Then you can even lower the weight and ride the fatigue for longer periods of hanging. Re-induce fatigue and repeat when needed.

Reactions: Marlon LGHanger

BigO

Administrator, PEGym Hero,"Woofer"
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
once you are comfortable hanging a certain weight, you should decide on weather you want to add more weight or more time/sets. What is your routine?

If you are looking to gain the most out of hanging with the least weight then I would focus on adding in more time or sets depending on which device you are using.

If you are hanging for less than an hour a day then I would focus on adding in time. In my opinion the adding of more weight while doing minimal time
will be the fastest way to make your dick stronger instead of longer but we all do gain differently.

EDIT: I personally usually stayed at a specific weight so that I could hang that weight for a week before moving up. For example, say I was working at 7 pounds and could get in 2 sets of 20 minutes and for the third set i could only do 10 minutes. I would work until i could do that 7lbs for 3 sets of 20 minutes fr a week and then I would move up.

As you learn to ride fatigue your strategies will change but as a new hanger I would feel you are better off being able to comfortably master a weight for a solid week and then move up.

Last edited: