condom length

nikola85

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am curieus why there is such difference between the standard condom length ( 6,5 - 7 inches ) and average penis lenght - NBEL ( 5,5 - 6,3 inches). Why the standard lenght for condoms is bigger than the average penis size? I have no idea.

Thanks in advance.

Nick

Biggie_Smalls

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
So it can slip and you can get AIDS. Condom companies are trying to weed out the average sized guys. :)

nikola85

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Hi Biggie,

You think that the condom companies want to provide protection for all men by producing the condom with standard lenght bigger than the average penis lenght.

redbear52

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
The condom makers don't want to make more different sizes than they have to. Most guys want condoms that cover the entire penis to prevent disease transmission.

The condom manufacturers do have to make a few different widths, because otherwise they would slip off of guys who are relatively thin and be unacceptably uncomfortable for guys who are girthy. The failure rate also goes up if the condom is overstretched. But for each width that they make, they make the condom long enough to completely cover all but the very longest of guys for whom that width is appropriate. They figure the vast majority of guys for whom they are too long will still be able to use them. They just don't roll them out completely.

gandalfw

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
"

The largest number of condoms in production for the average male (penis size from 12.7cm to 15.2cm), while the other sizes reserved for those few fortunate men. "

JFPowertop

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
they do make smaller condoms for us smaller guys

spanky

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
... and be unacceptably uncomfortable for guys who are girthy.

I'm not sure what girth they aim for having not really paid much attention, I just go into a chemist, buy condoms and leave. But I have to say they can be a little tight sometimes, especially at the bottom end, and I thought I was a pretty much average size at 5" around?

No danger of it slipping of course, but it does make me wonder.

(edit) certainly makes me think if I manage to hit my girth target that I'll have to buy XL condoms.. that's gotta be a pretty good feeling walking up to the counter :)

Last edited:

Pegasus

Administrator, PE Gym Editor, PEGym Hero; ,
Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Average is alittle under 5", but some guys feel comfortable with a tighter condom than others. You could try different brands, I would not advise large fit.

spanky

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I would not advise large fit.

heh, yeah, maybe not now. I'm pretty sure if I manage more than 1/8" gain doing PE normal condoms would be quite uncomfortable though.

of course, buying larger condoms could make you a few new friends who work in retail ;)

Pegasus

Administrator, PE Gym Editor, PEGym Hero; ,
Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Have been buying large fit for some time at the local supermarket, no one notices.

spanky

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score

redbear52

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
When I last used condoms I was probably around 5.25" MSEG but around half an inch thicker where the ring or "bead" of the condom usually winds up. I could use "regular sized" condoms (usually around 52 mm flattened width corresponding to an unstretched circumference of 4.1") but they were pretty uncomfortable. The Trojan Magnums have only a little more width at the bead, but have significant flare toward the closed end. I found those more comfortable and still secure.

NP97

Retired ModeratorPEGym Hero
Reaction score
Runnin' Down a Dream, Goin' Wherever it Leads.
Yes, Magnums are great, particularly if the base (bottom of condom) is the thickest part of your dick.
As to buying Mags in the store. I recently had to ask for them by name. I asked where the normal condom display was and they said you had to get them from the pharmacy (why). Of course a pretty good looking girl helped me with that. I'm sure she got asked that before, but I have no idea how many guys have asked for the wrong size to impress...

thenewdude

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Condom companies like most companies will make the size which gets purchased the most and make limited condoms for those outside the standard make because they don't want to spend the money if they don't really feel they need to. I am 39 and I hated condoms back in the day because there really was only the standard size which was about 5-6 in length and 5 in girth. Well, I am 7 x 6 and it hurt to roll that thing on my penis all because they didn't want to spend the money.

Zariche

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
The length of the condom doesn't matter as you just don't roll down what you don't need, it could be 10 inches long and still fit a guy that is 5 inches. That's the who reason it's longer than average, so that they can cover a whole range of customers without making different products.

Andrew3

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If you are not sure what condom size fits you, then here's a quick reference guide that will let you identify the right size on the spot. The standard condom sizes used in the Western are small, medium (also known as regular), large and extra large. These sizes translate as follows: small means a length of 6 inches or 15 centimeters and a circumference of 3.9 inches or 9.8 centimeters; medium means a length of 6.5 inches or 16 centimeters and a circumference of 4.1 inches or 10.4 centimeters; large means 7 inches or 17.5 centimeters in length and 4.1 inches or 10.4 centimeters in circumference; extra large is 7.5 to 8 inches or 18.5 to 20 centimeters in length and a circumference of 4.3 inches or 10.8 centimeters at the base and 4.7 inches or 12 centimeters around the glans.

redbear52

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
The problem with that is that an individual guy does not know how much a particular condom needs to be stretched in order to gain secure purchase. I suspect that varies quite a bit with penis shape and condom shape. So that requires trying the condoms on to know for sure.