Simple question about warm-up and warm-down time

Peter922

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I have to admit I do not warm up for very long. I usually do my PE in the morning. So I get out of a warm bed, which at least should make my penis not cold.. I do stretches and helicopter shakes and notice my penis get bigger and when it has a nice hang I start. I also start gently so the jelqs in the beginning sort of bcos a little of the warm-up.

I have been lifting weights for many years and I never warm up there either, except for maybe a set or two. I have never had pain after exercising (only if I have not beet lifting for a while). It is the same with PE. I never have any pain before or after the session.

Sometimes I do a shower after the session. Sometimes I just use a warm cloth to wash off the oil, etc..
But I never warm up and down for 10 minutes... As long as i do not have any pain, etc... Is it still very important to gains, etc to warm-up and down for that long?? I guess those things are mostly to prevents injuries right?

rbi99

Retired Mod, Member of the Month Nov 2017
Reaction score
First thing you will hear is that warming up helps prevent injuries. I have always contended that proper technique prevents injuries. Too much or too intense a PE workout, with or without warming up, is the recipe for injuries. I have experienced no injury of any kind in the 15 months I have been at this, and I don't warm up at all except like you mentioned (and I do maximum intensity workouts). I have often said you don't see guys hanging around the sauna prior to lifting. No one can say without any doubt that all of that heat being applied to your family jewels is 100% safe either. Maybe warming up helps to maximize growth, but not warming up can't possibly mean you can't grow. If I loose a little in the gains department, that might mean something if I only had a short amount of time to do these, but we are all in this for the long haul. Personally, I choose to add those 10 minutes of warm up time to another set, rather than just standing there with a sock or cloth draped around my unit.

Peter922

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I agree.. I believe you should warm up... But for me the warm up ends when I see my penis growing, I have a nice hang, etc...

What is the point of warming the penis in the shower, etc for 10 minutes... Is it really important to growth?

When it comes to lifting I also believe warming up is very important in the beginning.. but if you lift often you do not really need to warm up that much.. just a little to get the blood flowing and not to get any injuries..

CUSP82

Administrator PEGym
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
Warming up will make the tissue more pliable so that you don't injure yourself. The warm down will help bring more blood to the area to help in the healing/growing process. Remember you don't get a bad mark if you can't do certain things in your routine;it just helps a bit more!

Peter922

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Warming up will make the tissue more pliable so that you don't injure yourself. The warm down will help bring more blood to the area to help in the healing/growing process. Remember you don't get a bad mark if you can't do certain things in your routine;it just helps a bit more!

But what is the point of keeping the dick warmer for a longer time after jelqing? I usually do edging.. After this my dick stays warm and naturally goes back to normal... Is it not when it is resting, and u r not keeping it warm, it grows anyway?

Peter922

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
To you who warm up for 10 minutes. Is that only holding a rice sack, warm cloth, etc on your penis for 10 minutes?

I changed my warm up routine now. I start with holding a warm cloth on my penis. I use a cloth which I put in hot water. When the cloth gets colder I put it back in the water and do a strech in the meantime for around 50 seconds. E.g. warm, stretch south, then warm again, stretch east, warm, west, warm, north, warm, etc. I also do helicopter shakes in between.

So my warm-up is now a combination of stretches and warming the penis with a warm cloth (warm water). Does this sound like a good warm-up routine?

NewCell

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I've heard it loosens up the ligs etc more ready for exercising..

and maybe some folklore/legend/theory element to it.. like more blood before and after = faster/higher chance of gains.

+ you only have one cock.. without it.. life wouldn't be the same eh?
I suppose that's why everyone jumps on possible safety precautions :).

Last edited: