Why Does Edging Work?

blink2000

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I'm not an edging man, but people are talking about it constantly on this forum. I was looking at the edging 101 thread, but its more focused on the how, not the why. I'm interested in any theories on this.

Why does edging work? Is the the internal pressure of the blood pushing the the Tunica that results in a size increase or is it something else? Does it increase testosterone? Is there another effect I'm unaware of?

I suppose I see how this could actually help you heal in an elongated state after your PE routine; I wonder if it has something to do with length gains from edging?

EQKing

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
edging helps you improve your sexual stamina so you don't end up becoming the "one minute man" .... edging after a workout gives your penis fresh new blood and also helps in maximizing the effects of your workouts leading to better gains ....

normalguy

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Why does edging work? Because it feels good when you do it! ;)
No, seriously, as I understand it, when you edge, you remain around 95-100% erect for at least 20 minutes. It should in some way condition your penis to accept more blood, especially when you do it after your workout. Does it lead to any hormonal stimulation, I don't think so but who knows?
I'd be interested too to hear any theory about the subject

sg0123456

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
put very simply the penis spends more time in its full size and becomes used to reaching more capacity, doing so more quickly and staying like that for longer. The baloon analogy is very appropriate. Edging is one of the few PE excerises that i know has definately worked for me. I find it strange that many people here are reluctant to include it in their workout.

blink2000

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
maximizing the effects of your workouts
How does edging maximize the effect of a PE workout? For me it's still very ambiguous. If theres another thread that explains the physiology of this, you can just post a link...

I find it strange that many people here are reluctant to include it in their workout
I think the reluctance is based on the lack of information. People like me are wondering how or why it can help. I didn't realize people were staying erect for 20 minutes. I speculated on healing in an elongated state... that sort of supports that. It's all still pretty unclear for me though.

Last edited:

ManWithPlan

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Hello guys, I have the same doubt as Blink2000. I am afraid to overtrain it when I add edging at the end of a work out, because it sounds like a pretty tiring job for the penis after a workout. Any more information/theory about edging would be greatly appreciated.

In other word, I am afraid that edging is going to hinder my recovering. :( I always link edging to masturbating, are the the same thing?

Caboose

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I have spent 3 hours + in an extended state, having sex. And I am quite sure blink has as well, I have a hard time swallowing its potential for gains. I know kp is an advocate for it. I have no doubt that it can help with erectile quality, which according to sparky is paramount to gaining, so like a lot of people I remain undecided on this one. Having a boner for a long time sure as hell never made me gain.

Going411x7

Retired Moderator
Well Done !
Reaction score
Edging has given me my largest measurements both in length and in girth. I have hit 11" many times while lying down--this with a tape measure after an hour or two of edging--I also hit 8" base girth a couple of times at the end of a long edging session. My edging sessions normally run for an hour or more--sometimes two hours.

normalguy

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
...My edging sessions normally run for an hour or more--sometimes two hours...
Is this the solution for extra gains? Damn, I'll have to cut in my sleep time.

Midnight Man

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
The concept of edging makes sense to me. Although I've not measured, my cock looks and feels a little bit longer and thicker to me after a good jelqing workout. Keeping the blood flowing through my penis for an extended period will encourage this more engorged state to become the norm.

Dante311

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I would say edging is very beneficial... just restating a) It'll help prevent precum by training yourself to delay or avoid the PONR initially during sexual stimulation. b) It help fills the penis with fresh blood and engorges the penis with blood post-w/o or on an off-day to help in the recovery of the penile tissues and fill the "blood chambers" to promote the increase in gains... although nothing short term will affect this - it will definitely help in the long term. I noticed I made the best gains when I was edging consistently with PE 3-4 times / week

beetleboy

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
So if the benefits of edging are based on keeping an erection for a longer period of time, wouldn't pumping or wearing a cock ring have the same effect if you did it for the same amount of time? Seems logical to me because your still forcing the penis to fill with blood and keeping it there.

Motivation 2

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
i too have never understood why edging is attributed to size gains. i have tried edging now with morning wood for about 2 weeks, once a week on an off day... and i definitely think it benefits your sexual stamina and lasting power(and how much you jizz lol). but on a lot of my workout days i have sex sometimes less then 2 hrs later, and the sex usually lasts at least for 25min. this is basically the same thing as edging and i really dont feel like this process can lead more size in length.

from arguments for edging, it seems the main 2 reasons people advocate edging is because you stay erect for a while (which i already addressed above) or it brings in new blood to your penis to promote faster recovery and rebuilding. This sounds logical, but if it is true than why not just get a full boner for 15seconds directly after your workout. wouldnt this do the same thing?

Pretty1

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
you dont need to edge right after you workout edge or baloon when you can its a great feeling your penis reaches full capacity and yes it is an excercise so treat it as one, it is a more pleasurable work out and worst case scenario you can get from it is a tired penis for a day or two

blink2000

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
Actually this has probably helped with his gains:
going411by7: "My edging sessions normally run for an hour or more--sometimes two hours"

Edging mimics a known medical condition known as a priapism induced megalophallus. I think I understand some of the principles that make edging effective. Basically, it works the same as known medical conditions which increase penis size.

I think this is pretty interesting stuff, take a look:
(I started a new thread in the science section)
https://www.pegym.com/forums/pe-theory-science-forum/16205-why-edging-works.html

Pegasus

Administrator, PE Gym Editor, PEGym Hero; ,
Staff member
Excellent !
Reaction score
Thanks blink ,will look at it.
Yes ,it does mimic a medical condition, as does chemical pe. However edging uses no drugs.

I got gains from edging also. From what I have seen, for most people gains start around 25 or 30 min of edging, however the body quickly adapts to this volume and further gains cease. At this point you will get further gains by increasing volume,(time) however this can quickly become very time consuming,as the body keeps adapting.
Now I got gains from edging, long before I ever heard of pe and would often do an hour and sometimes 2hr plus. Despite the extended time and regular "training" the gains stoped when my dick adapted. However when used in conjunction with other pe methods it has great potential to increase gains. There does seem to be a small number of guys it doesn't work for,the reasons are unknown.

Uk-Dude

Registered Users (MTT)
Pretty Good !
Reaction score
I have been edging for the past week to see if it helps with my Prem Ejac.
As has been said it suppsoed to build up stamina long term I believe. Hoping eventually when I have sex again I wont have to stop halfway lol.
At the moment I usually stop and start aboout 5-6 times in a 20 odd min session. Occassionaly I screw up and have hit the PONR :)
NOt sure if its just me but when I finally cum its huge! Big orgasm and lots of cum if not very watery at the end. Hope thats normal lol.

I will do a bit more research into how edging will benefit me more with my PE :)

diamondback

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I don't know if edging works by itself in isolation from other PE techniques. However, used in combination with pumping (or in my case tubing) edging greatly increases sexual desire and the feeling of sexual anticipation which in-turn affects blood flow and length of time in a state of "enhanced size". Pumping or tubing or using an extender are purely mechanical forms of PE while edging introduces a mental element that I'm sure affects hormonal ballance and the all important physiological signals for cell growth.

After a tubing session of 3 or 4 hours my penis takes on a feeling of sweet burning fatigue and even the thought of an edging session causes an inflow of blood and a state of enhanced size that lasts for hours which I'm sure has cumulative effects that increase permanent size over time.

Unit

Retired ModeratorPEGym Hero
Reaction score
So if the benefits of edging are based on keeping an erection for a longer period of time, wouldn't pumping or wearing a cock ring have the same effect if you did it for the same amount of time? Seems logical to me because your still forcing the penis to fill with blood and keeping it there.
I'm there with beetleboy, isn't erect/engorged either by hard-on or mechanical even chemical, all doing the same thing, filling the penis with blood for a long time.
What stops me is the thought of adding an other hourish to my PE work-out. I mean some days I have more to do than to hang-out and yank my crank.:bolt: