Explain me why stretching for 10 minutes can be as effective as using phallosan

matlockmatt

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
I was thinking about this recently. I mean, my PE routine consists of 10 min stretching + 15 min jelqing, but it made me think:

Is this as effective as using phallosan which stretches your penis for HOURS a day? If you compare with manual exercises, you’re only stretching for 10 minutes a day while people who use phallosan use it for hours and get very good lenght gains. What is the explanation?

I thought about buying phallosan but i discovered it costs 350 dollars ò.ó can’t afford it rn unfortunately.

CUSP82

Administrator PEGym
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
The difference lies in the benefits of an active stretch as opposed a passive one.

CUSP82

Administrator PEGym
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
When you stretch manually you pull for a bit and then relax and repeat. Just pulling your dick straight out and holding it for ten minutes doesn't do much.

matlockmatt

Registered
Well Done !
Reaction score
When you stretch manually you pull for a bit and then relax and repeat. Just pulling your dick straight out and holding it for ten minutes doesn't do much.

Relax and repeat? I don’t relax, i just stretch the penis in a different way like down, up, right...

Also “doesn’t do much” don’t seem like it’s true since i see everyone reporting great gains with phallosan.

I just want to figure this out because at least for now it looks like doing manual stretching instead of phallosan will took us a lot more time to see gains

CUSP82

Administrator PEGym
Staff member
Excellent !
Well Done !
Reaction score
Try stretching for 10-15 seconds, let go and stretch gain. Sure worked for me.

Last edited:

Big Al

Administrator, Editor, Male Enhancement Coach
Staff member
Excellent !
Extraordinaire !
Reaction score
Website
www.maleenhancementcoach.com
While certain "time under tension" numerical formulae may seem to make sense logically, the problem with this is intensity isn't often taken into account. When a certain point of force is reached, a disproportionate amount of time will need to be reduced. This is why it's possible- and in many cases more productive- to stretch or hang relatively heavy for only a few minutes than to use a much higher time under tension load of only a couple of pound over many hours.

madyogi

Moderator, Member of the Month April 2020, PEGym
Reaction score
I would agree with Big Al ^^^^^^, and also I'd like to clarify this a bit :

The difference lies in the benefits of an active stretch as opposed a passive one.

It's probably just semantics, but in my mind there's no "active" vs "passive" stretch in this context.

The penis is basically smooth muscle and vascular tissue. It cannot be active or passive (contract and relax) in the way skeletal muscle can. The benefits of active stretching in the technical sense only apply to skeletal muscle. Active stretching includes techniques like Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF) and reciprocal inhibition, etc. They actively engage proprioceptors within the muscle fibers and points of origin and insertion and generally lead to dialing down the stretch reflex, which allows for access to greater range of motion. This is in contrast to passive stretching, which is basically just pulling on a muscle in the hopes it will lengthen, which typically doesn't work very well with skeletal muscle.

Now, the penis is different because it's mostly smooth muscle, so it can't contract or relax "on it's own". In a sense it is always passive. Even when manually stretching, the force is being applied externally by the hand/arm/etc. I fail to see why this would be more "active" than force being applied by an extender or some other device.

This is an interesting read - Mechanically Activated Stretch Reflex Exercises - about penis stretching. Notice the use of "mechanically activated" to modify "stretch reflex". Again, I see no difference between the mechanical (read, external) activation via an extender vs an okay grip.

All that said, I have never used a phallosan or any other device besides a clamp. I've gained almost 2" BPEL in a little over 6 months using only manual stretching, jelqing, squeezing, and edging. I know that stuff works. I just don't really buy the active/passive distinction.

The big advantage of manual work is probably more related to stress-strain theory and bio-feedback. Basically, the penis is elastic tissue. Cyclical stretching or as Big Al said, shorter bursts of stretching, is more effective for lengthening than extended periods of strain (think about a rubber band here). Also, using your own hands is superior because you get immediate feedback as to how far is too far and when to stop or change angles, etc.

JustALilMore

Senior Member, Member of the Month August 2020
Well Done !
Reaction score
I stretch slow and hard... it's a continuous increase of force until the timer expires. I would say I'm applying at least 30-40 pounds of force by the end of my 30 second stretch and then rest and repeat. Unfortunately, I've just started this so I can comment on the effectiveness of it.

Marlon LGHanger

banned
Well Done !
Reaction score

It's probably just semantics, but in my mind there's no "active" vs "passive" stretch in this context.

The penis is basically smooth muscle and vascular tissue. It cannot be active or passive (contract and relax) in the way skeletal muscle can. The benefits of active stretching in the technical sense only apply to skeletal muscle. Active stretching includes techniques like Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF) and reciprocal inhibition, etc. They actively engage proprioceptors within the muscle fibers and points of origin and insertion and generally lead to dialing down the stretch reflex, which allows for access to greater range of motion. This is in contrast to passive stretching, which is basically just pulling on a muscle in the hopes it will lengthen, which typically doesn't work very well with skeletal muscle.

Now, the penis is different because it's mostly smooth muscle, so it can't contract or relax "on it's own". In a sense it is always passive. Even when manually stretching, the force is being applied externally by the hand/arm/etc. I fail to see why this would be more "active" than force being applied by an extender or some other device.

This is an interesting read - Mechanically Activated Stretch Reflex Exercises - about penis stretching. Notice the use of "mechanically activated" to modify "stretch reflex". Again, I see no difference between the mechanical (read, external) activation via an extender vs an okay grip.

All that said, I have never used a phallosan or any other device besides a clamp. I've gained almost 2" BPEL in a little over 6 months using only manual stretching, jelqing, squeezing, and edging. I know that stuff works. I just don't really buy the active/passive distinction.

The big advantage of manual work is probably more related to stress-strain theory and bio-feedback. Basically, the penis is elastic tissue. Cyclical stretching or as Big Al said, shorter bursts of stretching, is more effective for lengthening than extended periods of strain (think about a rubber band here). Also, using your own hands is superior because you get immediate feedback as to how far is too far and when to stop or change angles, etc.

A few things that are not being factored in when you say shorter bursts of stretching being more effective than extended periods of strain. Which I do agree with depending on the amount of weight being used and how long it's being used for. I don't believe in the light weight / extended wear time theory for promoting length gains. While I am a firm believer in the benefits of hand stretching, I've found the most productive hand stretch training comes after fatigue. Fatiguing the penile anatomy so that you can stretch yourself while being flaccid to a semi erect state of no more than 50% has produced the best results for me.

madyogi

Moderator, Member of the Month April 2020, PEGym
Reaction score
A few things that are not being factored in when you say shorter bursts of stretching being more effective than extended periods of strain. Which I do agree with depending on the amount of weight being used and how long it's being used for. I don't believe in the light weight / extended wear time theory for promoting length gains. While I am a firm believer in the benefits of hand stretching, I've found the most productive hand stretch training comes after fatigue. Fatiguing the penile anatomy so that you can stretch yourself while being flaccid to a semi erect state of no more than 50% has produced the best results for me.

Interesting.

Like I said, I've never used extending devices so I can't say one way or the other about personal success.

I'd like you elaborate on this part of what you said, when time allows:

While I am a firm believer in the benefits of hand stretching, I've found the most productive hand stretch training comes after fatigue. Fatiguing the penile anatomy so that you can stretch yourself while being flaccid to a semi erect state of no more than 50% has produced the best results for me.

What exactly constitutes "fatigue" in penile tissue (it's obviously not the same as fatigue in skeletal muscle tissue)? How does one judge this "fatigue" without the obvious clues of form breaking down or no longer being able to lift a given weight (as in skeletal muscle tissue)? Would this perhaps indicate stretching after jelqing and/or edging? Is your recommendation to use an extender to fatigue the penile tissue, then manually stretch?

I'm really interested in your thoughts on this, Marlon.

Marlon LGHanger

banned
Well Done !
Reaction score
Interesting.

Like I said, I've never used extending devices so I can't say one way or the other about personal success.

I'd like you elaborate on this part of what you said, when time allows:

What exactly constitutes "fatigue" in penile tissue (it's obviously not the same as fatigue in skeletal muscle tissue)? How does one judge this "fatigue" without the obvious clues of form breaking down or no longer being able to lift a given weight (as in skeletal muscle tissue)? Would this perhaps indicate stretching after jelqing and/or edging? Is your recommendation to use an extender to fatigue the penile tissue, then manually stretch?

I'm really interested in your thoughts on this, Marlon.

I wrote this article on "fatigue", it's on our blog. It's my definition based on my own personal experience. I've given it a lot of thought on how to properly identify what fatigue is and how to achieve it.

"Fatigue" doesn't always accompany soreness. It's more of a state of condition than a feel. Although you can have symptoms of soreness, but that depends on the level of your training, and the plateaus that you reach.

If you base everything on the feel you get from ligament soreness then you have not properly defined "fatigue". Obviously as you progress into heavier more intense training you can feel the following symptoms......

#1 - Soreness at the base of your penis, since your ligament is attached to your pubic bone you should feel it more internally behind the fat pad.

#2 - Mild tenderness within your penis shaft. I wouldn't classify this as soreness, but more like muscle or tissue awareness. Meaning if you massage or squeeze your penis you should feel like it's been used or worked.

#3 - Soreness in you sphincter muscle. Occasionally as you graduate to heavier weight the initial sessions can manifest a soreness in your sphincter muscle. This means your body is reacting to the stress of the workload and tensing up. This is where you really need to learn to relax that pelvic floor muscle, and feel that stretch to it's fullest.

#4 - A very loose and pliable flaccid penis. This is the condition you should experience after a good hang session. It's also the time to take full advantage of this "fatigue" and do 10 - 15 minutes of very aggressive hand stretches. The hang work is what facilitates the "fatigue" and it's where you'll be able to stretch, twist and bend your penis beyond what you can normally do prior to a weight hanging session. It's in this condition that you probably wouldn't be able to achieve a 100% hard erection. This is FATIGUE!

It's my experienced that erect length gains come from flaccid length gains. Your penis can be stretched to greater lengths while flaccid than while erect.
You'll never hear anyone say that they have a 7" flaccid penis, but only a 6" erection. Over time the difference between your flaccid length and erect length will become less. For me if I had to put a percentage on it, it would be approximately 30%

If you are looking to target the ligament stretch more intensely without going to heavier weight, then use a Fulcrum bar as close to the base area as possible, all the way up to the point where you have to push your testicles backwards. Only do not exceed 15 minutes of Fulcrum hanging, as it will cut off circulation to a point. You can do sets of Fulcrums in between SD hanging.

usul

Senior Member, Member of the Month July 2020
Well Done !
Reaction score

THANK YOU. This is on the money.

Those who are new to the forum should really take care to listen to this along with BigAl’s observations about the intensity of the stretch.

Reactions: Big Al